**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Falcon Buff Garbage

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

While Falcon isn't going to be the best Champion in every fight, that wasn't the goal! He has a very specific Utility, and he does it very well! This is the goal of these Updates. It's not to throw every Champion to the top of the Damage list, but to give them a place and use again in the current state of the Game.

Hope that with DD Netflix's overhaul, he does get thrown to the top of the damage list!
    In general I think Overhauls are meant to make the character way more powerful then before I also have him and a 5 star skill gem so im dying to see his rework
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Can someone explain why his sp2 damge is so low even with 99 cruelty, his mediums and light atks are doing almost same number that doesn't make any sense

probably like angela where his special attack(s?) dont do much damage
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★

While Falcon isn't going to be the best Champion in every fight, that wasn't the goal! He has a very specific Utility, and he does it very well! This is the goal of these Updates. It's not to throw every Champion to the top of the Damage list, but to give them a place and use again in the current state of the Game.

I really like the idea! While I do say that you missed the mark with P2099, if you continue your streak with Gambit and Falcon, the game will become significantly more fun.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 905 ★★★
    I just want the “never was” champs, to be contenders (Falcon, Groot, etc).
    Upper demi godish, not “occasionally useful”

Adding Precision buffs for DAR fails would be perfect and complement the Cruelty from Evade fails.
  • Options
    NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★

If this was true he wouldn't have targeted a mechanic that hasn't been a pain point in the meta for years
  • Options
    kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★
    Onmix said:

I completely agree that not every champion is going to be a damage god

And your buffing characters to fit a certain niche utility is awesome.
    BUT I don’t agree he does it very well. I would probably still bring Nick to my evade matchups. Or Ghost

If all you guys want to give him is evade, that’s perfectly fine. But make him THE best option for it. Not an average one.

He doesn’t counter ALL evade.
    He has -100%. Doesn’t that mean that he won’t stop nodes with enhanced evade ? Nodes that give more than 100% chance?
    The lock on has a down time. If he was supposed to be a GREAT counter to evade that shouldn’t exist.
    Agree with this whole heartedly. If you take Symbiote Supreme, he only counters heavy buff champs. But no does it better than him. If you've made Falcon the evade counter, then make him the best at it. Carry over the attack rating in locked on to special attacks. Increase the cruelty value. Otherwise, he's a placeholder in a roster till you get an evade counter with better damage and extra utility. And for me, who has NF, I really wanted to rank up and make Falcon shine. But he's just gonna sit there maybe at r3
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think it’s like saying “ I wish Corvus timer came back quicker” , but Kabam does things to balance characters and the game.

It’s not healthy for the game to have every champ Doing high damage , because you would not appreciate the game for what it is. And every champ might as well have the same kit.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 788 ★★★★

Can someone explain why his sp2 damge is so low even with 99 cruelty, his mediums and light atks are doing almost same number that doesn't make any sense

Falcon's Special Attacks do not benefit from the increased attack rating during Locked On (kinda silly imo)

This makes them... kinda weak.

My r1 level 10 4* Gambit has a harder hitting Sp2 (prowess and crits considered) than my level 8 or so r1 6* Falcon.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,574 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    It's very disappointing that Falcon's Lock-on damage doesn't apply to his Specials.

Still, the SP2 does benefit from the effects of his guaranteed Crit.

Playing in RoL against WS with a Falcon of 2/35, I got the numbers below. And bear in mind that Falcon can't build any cruelty against WS, so it's far from the best test for him.

Looking just at the final hit of his SP2:

Non-critical SP2: 942 damage
    Critical SP2: 2545 damage
    Falcons Critical chance is 27%, therefore his average damage over 100 SP2s is 1374. (I'm ignoring Challenger Rating because it's too complicated!)

When Locked on, the damage is fixed at a consistent 3334, because it's a guaranteed Crit.

So whilst it's far from amazing, being Locked On does increase the average damage he inflicts significantly - in fact, it more than doubles.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I wouldn't say he's garbage, but Kabam did miss the opportunity to make him better.

This change would help: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/232435/make-falcon-gain-cruelty-when-any-defensive-ability-fails-to-trigger