**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoner Sit-Down: GroundedWisdom

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
Before we get into this interview, let’s note I refrained from asking any controversial questions, as to keep this thread open. Please keep an open mind and comments civil, as there is no need to attack others. Without further ado, here’s my sit-down with @GroundedWisdom.

Favorite Champion?

I'm really into Elsa right now. My favorites shift over time. In terms of design, I appreciate Thor (Ragnarok) because he aligns with certain symmetry with the Film, although he's not as used as others. Many people don't notice that Thor becomes OP after an L3, and he discovered his true power at the end of the Film. I love details like that.

Worst Class?

I'd like to give a Politician's answer and say they all have their benefits, but I'll be objective. I'd have to say Tech seems to be the most deficient at the moment. It can shift depending on what Champs are added at any given time. There are a number of good Tech Champs, but I think the sway is in other areas.

AW or AQ?

AW. I've loved War since the very first Beta. Although I have some concerns for the current iteration. It still brings out the competitor in me.

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You've never sat down to write on a raven?

Britney or Miley?

Sorry, Brit. Miley all the way. Her musicality and depth of talent, especially recently, are far superior. Oops, I did it again.

McDonalds or Burger King?

I'd have to go with BK. The beef is just better. I grew up on McDonalds. I even remember when the McNuggets were grey. What part of a chicken is grey? Still, I have to go with BK.

Red or Blue?
Blue. Ba da ba dee ba da da.

Best Actor/Actress?

Meryl Streep. She's had the most agility in terms of roles she's taken on. She's quite an Artist.

How’s your day going?

It's been a hectic day, and it's just started. I had a meeting that didn't go so well. WOOSAH.

Last time you changed your pfp?

When I pulled Platpool.....because he's shiny and new. (Holds for applause.)

How much content have you completed?

I'm working on Act 6 at the moment. Doing longer content like AoL and LoL has been a test of patience for me. I'm getting better at it. I spent a great deal of time being a Grinder, so I have a deficiency in other areas. Progress, not perfection.

What’s your roster look like?

I can't complain overall. I have a decent Roster. The real issue is getting Resources to Rank what I want, but I like having something to work on.

What changes do you want to see to MCOC?

The biggest argument I've had for years is consistency with AI. The responsiveness is almost intuitive now. Everything is Intercept, Auto-Evade, Block instantly, unpredictable overall. I've always felt that with everything going on, Abilities, Nodes, Rarities, DR, etc....that the most basic thing we need is dependable, consistent AI.

What makes content in MCOC fun?

For me, I enjoy the balance between challenge and creativity. That allows me to push myself, but still enjoy the process of figuring out strategies, solutions, and optimal ways to complete. Of course, finding that balance is always an ongoing process. I like that as well. Always something to work on.

If you could go through any Act again for the first time, which one would you go through and why?

I'd say Act 4. At the time, it was the perfect mix between something to work towards and something that felt fun to get through.

What do you hope to accomplish in the following year?:

I've been working on a concept for a book. It's still in the infant stages, and I can't share too much, but it would be under the category of Self-Help, although it is a bit of a "Not-a-Self-Help-book". Very exciting.

The next thing I'm working towards in MCOC is finishing my run through Act 6 and doing V4. A bit behind, but I have all the time in the world.

Write a couple paragraphs explaining the utility and usability of the character you know the best:

I'm not sure about the best, but one that people don't commonly use is Mephisto. He was my first R4, and I've spent some time using him. The Soul Imprisonment really comes in handy for preventing things like Regen. I can't count how many times I've used him for more challenging content where the Champ just won't go down because of annoying Abilities that kick in after you KO.
It's all about compounding his Damage with his Aura. He's not the highest output Champ, but if you add his Aura of Incinerate indefinitely by using an L3 properly, you end up with what I call Proximity DoT. Much like Omega. You can also use his Incinerate with the L1, as well as Soul Imprisonment, but you end up using a Persistent Charge, so you need to make sure you won't need it at the end of the Fight.
Speaking of which, he can store up to 6 Persistent Charges, starting with 3 and building up to that. You gain one per KO. These really come in handy because they kick in and Regen you before you KO, at less than 30%. During the Regen, you take no Damage. Very handy.
His Immunities are a key part as well. He's immune to Frostbite, Coldsnap, Poison, Passive AAR, and generates 12% Power when taking Incinerate Energy Damage. Not bad.
His Sig isn't absolutely necessary, but it does add more chances for Aura, and more is more.
Just stay away from HT.

Any socials you’d like to plug?

None that aren't personal. I debated starting a YouTube Channel for Beginners starting out. I spent a great deal of time working with new people. I have yet to do it.

Thanks for asking me to participate. :)

Thanks to @GroundedWisdom for answering these questions! Feel free to ask GW some questions of your own done below, and until next time, this is Spidey signing off.

Comments

• NiceeeeNiceeee Posts: 125 ★★
    edited November 2020

Red or Blue?
    Blue. Ba da ba dee ba da da.

Perfect!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Nice write-up!
    Enjoyed reading this post
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Nice post.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Nice post.

Thanks.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

HI_guys said:

I strongly disagree (read hate)with the views of @GroundedWisdom but what's even more despicable is the attacks on him by other summoners on other platforms.

Kudos to GW for staying strong

And thank you @SpideyFunko for your efforts

Attacks? 🤔
    He gets disagree spammed on every comment
    Oh lol, I always wondered what that was about 🤔
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    didn’t Burger King say eat at McDonald’s or something
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Gardener said:

This has just turned into Mcdonalds VS burger king

Me who doesn't like either of them 😎😎, anyway, if I have to pick one, I'll go for Burger King because their French fries are better, which is the only I eat at either of the outlets anyway