**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Agent venom any good?

I just pulled him from a crystal and should I shove an awaken gem up his ass or should I shove it on Xbones's?

Comments

• Options
    Av
  • Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    My understanding is that neither of them gain that much from being awakened.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    CB gains a lot by being awakened. Just also happens to be one of those champs that are good even if not awakened
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    That's going to be a tough one...some people love crossbones others agent venom. I tend to link AV better but I get why people like crossbones. Honestly I'd save it for someone else.
  • Options
    PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Crossbones is probably the best skill champ besides Gwenpool. Agent Venom definitely isn't bad, he's actually pretty good, but Crossbones is high-tier. Go with him for any rank ups/awakening gems.
  • Options
    CB is more solid and well rounded and will carry you through more aspects of the game in comparison to AV.

AV is not a bad champ, just carries less weight than CB
  • Options
    FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Agent venom is very good; obviously he's great against evade, and his bleed is good if it procs. I would absolutely NOT use a gem on him, though. His ability's not a game changer; it's just a little extra damage on the top. It's better to wait until you awaken him naturally.

That said, I really wouldn't awaken crossbones either, as his signature is (much like AV's) decent, but not necessarily worth using a gem on. I'd just hold off on the gem until you pull a more optimal champ for awakening, if I were you.

Edit; As far as the characters as a whole, CB every single time. One of the best skill champs, great ability accuracy reduction, fantastic for RTTL. I pulled him as a 5*, he's one of my favorite characters.
  • Options
    CB is also highly valuable for getting through Road to Labyrinth. If you haven't done that yet than he is gonna be a priority to have
  • Options
    Fives wrote: »
    Agent venom is very good; obviously he's great against evade, and his bleed is good if it procs. I would absolutely NOT use a gem on him, though. His ability's not a game changer; it's just a little extra damage on the top. It's better to wait until you awaken him naturally.

That said, I really wouldn't awaken crossbones either, as his signature is (much like AV's) decent, but not necessarily worth using a gem on. I'd just hold off on the gem until you pull a more optimal champ for awakening, if I were you.

In regards to the awakening gem, this is really good advice to go off of.

But CB is also great against evade champs
  • Options
    PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Yes, if you have any other good champs, the awakening gem should go to them. Crossbones is more worthy of the gem than Agent Venom, but there are others who are above him as well.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    They're both excellent and don't need to be duped. Save the ag for gp or dd og.
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    That's a good question.. how do champs take in awakening gems? Or sigs? Iso? Do they eat it? Do we stuff it in their bumbum and hold it there for a few hours so it sticks? I need sone canon here
  • Options
    SuraSura Posts: 89
    Is Agent Venom at least worthy of ranking get up to 4/40?
    I have no other skill champs so he would be my first. Is he use able in both offense, defense and quest..

Just want to use my resources in the best places. I currently use Jane forester, Capt America and Venompool as my 4/40 for offense. I don't have any mutants either.

I planned to rank up Vision AOE, but he is broke for along time now. If they fix him I would rank him. But there is no telling when Vision will get fixed.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Sura wrote: »
    Is Agent Venom at least worthy of ranking get up to 4/40?
    I have no other skill champs so he would be my first. Is he use able in both offense, defense and quest..

Just want to use my resources in the best places. I currently use Jane forester, Capt America and Venompool as my 4/40 for offense. I don't have any mutants either.

I planned to rank up Vision AOE, but he is broke for along time now. If they fix him I would rank him. But there is no telling when Vision will get fixed.

Definitely rank up AV. He's a good all-rounder, excellent against evade champs, and is able to shrug off debuffs, which is excellent. His bleed is good enough to justify firing off his S1 repeatedly if you want to. He also has a nice synergy with Venompool, which will give everyone +10% health. That should save you a few potions!
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Don’t awaken either. People used to place Av every where on defense but he was always so easy to fight especially on unblockable. Save the gem. If you have my luck then you will awaken the champ and pull them within the next 3 crystals
  • Options
    Forgot to mention I have *5 star, but it's Iron fist and he is pretty crappie now since they nerfed and got nothing in return. Waste of 10k shards. He collects dust is not useful
  • Options
    No I didn't plan to use a gem. Just wanted opinions if he is worthy of a rank up to 4/40.
    I also have a 3/4 regular Venom but kept him at rank 3
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Seeing the response below my previous comment, I feel I should clarify:
    Don't use an Awakening gem on him (@Fives said it all). But definitely rank him up. He'll fit well into your team.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Rogue42 wrote: »
    My understanding is that neither of them gain that much from being awakened.

This is correct, although I wouldn't understate that it is nice having them awakened. Both gain considerably higher prestige, and the awakened abilities are both useful.

Especially for Agent Venom, it basically gives a permanent Fury/Cruelty effect. Quite handy, but not necessary to have.

AV is one of my favorite characters in the game.
  • Options
    save the gem for GP, BW, OG DD...I don't really like playing as AV and he really doesn't have a role in the endgame, CB on the other hands is still very useful, but his sig is very useless.