**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ Human Torch 2nd Mini Needs Be Adjusted!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Bring a counter lol, bring a champion that can counter buffet ie with despair, or any form of reverse healing / petrify. Quake, Nick tbh many champs can do it, just dont use dex.

Will3808 said:

What tier alliance war are you in? And are you the boss killer?

AQ map 5 not AW
    Nick Fury? Are you thinking straight, my man?
    He can do it as long as you don't go into the fight in your second phase. Even then, it's still doable.
    But have you tried it? You realise that Torch is bleed immune, right?
    My friend's got a R5 NF. Went in with his first phase, triggered dex, then dropped to his second phase. He avoided dexing, but was able to outdamage any regen after that. And going in with his second phase is technically possible since you could just not dex at all.
    Might want to fix your typo so you arent banned lol
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Bring a counter lol, bring a champion that can counter buffet ie with despair, or any form of reverse healing / petrify. Quake, Nick tbh many champs can do it, just dont use dex.

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    He can do it as long as you don't go into the fight in your second phase. Even then, it's still doable.
    My friend's got a R5 NF. Went in with his first phase, triggered dex, then dropped to his second phase. He avoided dexing, but was able to outdamage any regen after that. And going in with his second phase is technically possible since you could just not dex at all.
    Way ahead of ya. 😂
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    Way ahead of ya. 😂
    nice. Ive made a fair few typos that resulted in some weird stuff
  • Options

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    Way ahead of ya. 😂
    nice. Ive made a fair few typos that resulted in some weird stuff
    I've been double checking myself since I accidentally typed "HotMonkey".
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    You realise that blocking his special 1 gives smoulders right? Which could result to you getting incinerated. Guess your friend was lucky enough to get him down before he got screwed by DoT.
  • Options
    ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173

I always use a void n 1 shot dead
    Better to keep the regen node linked , then it's very easy with void m

how does that help void?
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    I always used my Aegon but managed it with rank 3 Red Guardian too that was fun haha. Its the hardest map 5 boss no doubt, but there's a LOT of great counters that folks can bring.

I think buffet should be removed for one simple reason, as soon as any team moves up to map 5 from map 4 you get the inevitable problem of people taking him down to like 30% and then someone else comes in and heals him up to full. It's hard to get people in a map 5 alliance to listen and not take the fight if they don't know what they're doing. And normally that's not a problem, but this is the only fight in the game I know about where one person can completely undo all the good work the others on the team have put in.

I don't think it's the right node for a low difficulty AQ mini boss. It's too punishing to the learning players that are still on map 5. But it's been there a long time, I won't be surprised if very soon the mini bosses rotate again and it gets switched to another enemy with other nodes.
  • Options
    ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173

That 2nd HT mini in map5 is a little more challenging. the first mini is easy.

I have taken him down with
    Void R4 5* sig90
    Aegon R5 5* sign 110

I have seem other people in my BG taking him down with
    Void
    Aegon
    CAIW
    CMM w/NF synergy
    Thing (immune to nullify, so the buffet node will never trigger therefore no regen for HT)
    Colossus
    Rhulk

Colossus doesnt work on second one, his armor ups go bananas.

I have done the fight with Omega Red sig 200 r5 and void.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I meant to ask what map not what war tier but you’ve answered my question. My point was going to be I bet that at least a few people in your alliance have counters
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    You realise that blocking his special 1 gives smoulders right? Which could result to you getting incinerated. Guess your friend was lucky enough to get him down before he got screwed by DoT.
    Nick can still outdamage the regen. Sp1's are the only time he dexed. And he pushed him to Sp2's as much as possible. Never got 1 incinerate on him. I've solo'd him with Stealthy more times than I can count by doing the same thing.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    Nick can still outdamage the regen. Sp1's are the only time he dexed. And he pushed him to Sp2's as much as possible. Never got 1 incinerate on him. I've solo'd him with Stealthy more times than I can count by doing the same thing.
    Well, could be a possibility. I haven't fought that dude in a while, and in my experience, I always nuked him with my rank 4 Havok with suicides and even without despair. Just block all day with his energy resistance, and stick to mediums since they're non-contact. The feedback makes his health vanish away. Haven't done that fight since I actually unlocked despair since I've moved up to map 6 in the meantime, but I actually preferred fighting him to mister fantastic (at least until I got Elsa).
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    Well, could be a possibility. I haven't fought that dude in a while, and in my experience, I always nuked him with my rank 4 Havok with suicides and even without despair. Just block all day with his energy resistance, and stick to mediums since they're non-contact. The feedback makes his health vanish away. Haven't done that fight since I actually unlocked despair since I've moved up to map 6 in the meantime, but I actually preferred fighting him to mister fantastic (at least until I got Elsa).
    Yeah, I haven't tried Havok since I've been in Map 6 before I pulled mine.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    Wait, then when did you actually fight the guy? Lol
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    Well in all technicality, I only got bumped up to Map 6 a couple weeks ago in this ally and didn't use Havok while I was in Map 5. But I was bumped up to Map 6 in my last ally before I pulled him. I pulled him pretty recently though. (Like 2 months maybe?)
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    Well in all technicality, I only got bumped up to Map 6 a couple weeks ago in this ally and didn't use Havok while I was in Map 5. But I was bumped up to Map 6 in my last ally before I pulled him. I pulled him pretty recently though. (Like 2 months maybe?)
    Well, I've been fighting that torch with Havok for over 6 months, lol. But yeah, I think I kinda understand what you're talking about. We started map 6 about 2 months ago, and I'm definitely not missing those Doombots over in map 5, but I'm also not particularly looking forward to having to fight that redoubled determination sym supreme miniboss with Void, lol.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    Well, I've been fighting that torch with Havok for over 6 months, lol. But yeah, I think I kinda understand what you're talking about. We started map 6 about 2 months ago, and I'm definitely not missing those Doombots over in map 5, but I'm also not particularly looking forward to having to fight that redoubled determination sym supreme miniboss with Void, lol.
    He's actually the only boss I haven't gotten a shot at yet.
  • Options
    TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★
    I’ve used Void,
    KM (with Void synergy, so void can be any rank)
    Havok (lots of party’s)
    KM was the most fun, Havok was also fun to use
  • Options
    OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    What do you mean you can't parry him? Don't dex, just parry him. Lots of champs can solo him. Also it's a team map, if you can't solo him team up and plan his kill with someone else.

I'd you start the fight with a cmm at max charges you can burst him down easy as well.
  • Options
    OneMast3r said:

What do you mean you can't parry him? Don't dex, just parry him. Lots of champs can solo him. Also it's a team map, if you can't solo him team up and plan his kill with someone else.

I'd you start the fight with a cmm at max charges you can burst him down easy as well.

CMM at max charges will get her buffs eaten up by buffet, broham.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Will3808 said:

AQ map 5 not AW
    He's actually the only boss I haven't gotten a shot at yet.
    Yeah, I've had success soloing invisible woman and Nova with Nick and Void respectively. I've quaked both as well.

Sym might be a block damage fiesta! But nothing a rank 5 max sig Void can't handle.
  • Options
    CashierCashier Posts: 68

XBones, Elsa...

I swear I see you in every thread
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Colossus counter heavy tactic. Works wonders
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

OneMast3r said:

CMM at max charges will get her buffs eaten up by buffet, broham.
    Start fight on 23, trigger dex, parry and throw a sp2 and go nuts. You could do a lot of work until your indestructible expires at which point the million nova flames on your back would eat you instantly - a pretty poor choice but she could probably do it with suicides