**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.4.6 - How can I overcome fear?

Hi everyone, I am a regular player, I have spent around 800 units from act 6.1.6 to 6.4.5, however, I am afraid to face the grandmaster, what advice can you give me? How many resources should I bring? Which characters are the best to kill the grandmaster?

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Aegon
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I just got cav so I can’t coach you on the grandmaster but nice roster. I’m in the process of rank 5ing my 5* ghost
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    U will b allright take aegon vs him
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    I did GM not too long ago. I ramped up Aegon and just pretty much used him in the later phases to get as much damage as possible in per attempt. I had trouble dexing his sp1 beam for some reason. I'll blame it on playing the game too long at once so I was tired. But the prompts aren't difficult. CAIW worked well too because you can sp1 for the DoT prompt later. Anyone with high burst damage is optimal but you can use anyone, really. Id say assuming you were an above average player if you have 800 units you should be good. Especially if you have stashes revives still.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

You won't. It's a leap of faith.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

i liked my reference better
  • NEIDER11NEIDER11 Posts: 62
    Thank you all for the advice, i'll do my best and i'll prepare myself with resources (and mentally) before fighting with him, I really appreciate your advice
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    I find meditation helps me overcome fear. Wait.....
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★

*puts hand on shoulder* “hey.”
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Good luck man. It's one of those fights that you can get better at with practice but it's hard to get any practice lol.
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    i myself spent sub 500 for completion of 6.2 to the end of 6.4 so I can confidently tell you that the grandmaster won't be too much off a hassle. Just enjoy the moment and focus on the fight. 200-400 units should be enough for you providing you use Aegon. watch out for the reverse controls, it can really stuff you over. take the phoenix, groot, hemidall path so you can rank up Aegon along the way. I got upto 550+ combo with Aegon stored and it was more than enough to get the gm down.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Use aegon with 150+ combo meter. 300+ would be perfect. Pic a lane that you think you can use Aegon for. I suggest using Nick and Quake for the evade synergy.

Bring 2 more champs to deal with painpoints on the lane that you choose.

Maybe bring Heimdal as an extra synergy.

That should give you enough tools to beat him. First time took me 800 units bc I **** up everything. The more you fight him the better you get at it.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    My best advice for someone who may be intimidated by the fight (I know I was). Take the Cosmic path, it seems like the easiest. Just Tenacity and an Annihilus to deal with. Bring Aegon and ramp him up as much as you can. Spend the revives and potions on Aegon throughout the lane to ensure he has as much combo as he can get (aim for over 300 but it can certainly be significantly higher). At this level of damage output (also with boosts), you are able to actually chip away at the grandmaster even when he isn't wounded. I had a lot of trouble with the 30%-1% but was able to do at least 3% of his health on a 20% revive even when I didn't get him wounded. It really helped knowing that I could unit my way through. Corvus may be another option for this strategy but I don't think he would be as effective at it.

Secondly, if you have a character who can cheat death, save them for the last 1% and it will be a lot easier and you won't get stuck there.
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    NEIDER11 said:

I did it, thanks everyone <3 </p>

anything good from the rewards?

NEIDER11 said:

anything good from the rewards?
    I got 6* Gulk and silver surfer, 5* red guardian, namor, tigra and gambit
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    NEIDER11 said:

Congrats!!! Now help the rest of us who are stuck. Any tips? What team did you use? How many units did you spend? I’ve been following this thread because I’m also a bit intimidated! Good job for getting it done!
    edited November 2020

NEIDER11 said:

Congrats!!! Now help the rest of us who are stuck. Any tips? What team did you use? How many units did you spend? I’ve been following this thread because I’m also a bit intimidated! Good job for getting it done!
    Hi bro thank you, well, my principal team was r5 Aegon, Magneto, Ghost, Symbiote Supreme and 6* Wasp, i took (A) path, i was so worried, but i saw a lot of youtube videos and i followed advices of everyone in this post , i spend 4 team revives (400 units), specially in the third phase of GM with invert controls, Aegon (with 475 combo) and magneto helped me too much, because theirs critics on blunder phase where too high (above 200k per hit)