Didn't we just have a 5* of your class choice deal for $100

These ones today, pretty steep price I must say...

Comments

  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 637
    I'm just confused on the logic is all. If they just had a pick your class deal for $100, why offer this for the equivalent amount of shards for a random crystal for 3x the price in units? Befuddling to me.
  • Because f2p guys can actually buy this after 3 months of intense grinding

    For that deal u had to pay to get it
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,424
    The boosts and sig stones hold all the value but less people care about prestige now
  • nebneb Posts: 415
    They are making 5 stars more available leading up to the release of 6 stars. This is what we have all been waiting for!! Next week's pay to win 5 star will prolly cost 1k at the current trajectory.
  • Yep makes no sense, people say “because it’s units not cash” I guess their time isn’t valuable to them. If you went out & got a job instead of grind for units you could get more units with that $ instead of playing arena for hours on end. But yeah the deal is straight shannigens
  • nebneb Posts: 415
    Gratz dalbot
  • Well, realistically as everyones saying, most people just will not buy it. I think they are just testing the waters to see how much people are willing to pay.

    The 100 for a 5 star wasn't terrible (if still really over priced) considering a lot of people still need to buff their rosters before 6 stars hit. I don't think any deal should go higher than that though.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,294
    edited September 2017
    Unit deals are typically "pricier" than cash deals because you can earn units in game. While logging in and playing does provide some value for Kabam, it isn't immediately the kind of value that keeps their lights on. The result is inflated deal pricing when the cost is in units.

    Dr. Zola
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 674
    What I don't understand is that this "deal" is by no means cheap. We are naturally free to accept it or pass, of which I'll be doing the latter.

    But since it isn't such an awesome deal that no one in their right mind would possibly pass up... Why don't they just make them permanent additions to the unit store. It costs 8000 units to buy all 3 packages. Just leave them up so grinders and/or whales can target them if they want.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 637
    DrZola wrote: »
    Unit deals are typically "pricier" than cash deals because you can earn units in game. While logging in and playing does provide some value for Kabam, it isn't immediately the kind of value that keeps their lights on. The result is inflated deal pricing when the cost is in units.

    Dr. Zola

    I get the logic, just find the timing in such recent proximity to the $100 deal to be a bit odd
  • It's for Units, not money. If people have the Units, they don't need to spend. There's also something for a range of Players. Starting with the first Offer. It's not necessary to buy all of them.
  • Absolutely awful deal. Saying "this is units, not money" would matter IF it was one or two thousand units. Is there any free player in the game who keeps 8k units on hand?
  • Absolutely awful deal. Saying "this is units, not money" would matter IF it was one or two thousand units. Is there any free player in the game who keeps 8k units on hand?

    I am ... almost entirely FTP, I have used giftcards for some things. So close to being one, and I have 16.1k atm.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447
    edited September 2017
    Absolutely awful deal. Saying "this is units, not money" would matter IF it was one or two thousand units. Is there any free player in the game who keeps 8k units on hand?

    I have 32k. There's people with more than me, also
  • I bought the 800 because i opened 10 uncollected arena crystals and got 900 units. I saw it as a sign. Now i have 8500 units and 30k 5* shards. Just need November to get here.
  • Man, November is taking so damn long to arrive >.> Can I pay units to hurry it up rather than this deal?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,294
    DalBot wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Unit deals are typically "pricier" than cash deals because you can earn units in game. While logging in and playing does provide some value for Kabam, it isn't immediately the kind of value that keeps their lights on. The result is inflated deal pricing when the cost is in units.

    Dr. Zola

    I get the logic, just find the timing in such recent proximity to the $100 deal to be a bit odd

    Totally agree. It feels like they throw at a dart board to determine what gets offered and at what price.

    Dr. Zola
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 637
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Absolutely awful deal. Saying "this is units, not money" would matter IF it was one or two thousand units. Is there any free player in the game who keeps 8k units on hand?

    I have 32k. There's people with more than me, also

    And how many hours of play does it take to get 32K units? If you think about the time commitment necessary to get to that point, it's really a lot more time invested than the money would justify otherwise
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 615
    DalBot wrote: »
    neb wrote: »
    They are making 5 stars more available leading up to the release of 6 stars. This is what we have all been waiting for!! Next week's pay to win 5 star will prolly cost 1k at the current trajectory.

    Funny you say that. I contemplated getting the first deal for the Sig stones for 800 units. Decided instead to spend it on 4 Grandmaster Crystals...

    kxjtmtbi343r.png


    Units well spent

    Me too dude! Just bought 1, probably never happen again
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 615
    t4z51qydyc5v.png
  • You're better off using those 8000 units to do the easy path of LOL with a 4* champ.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447
    edited September 2017
    DalBot wrote: »
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Absolutely awful deal. Saying "this is units, not money" would matter IF it was one or two thousand units. Is there any free player in the game who keeps 8k units on hand?

    I have 32k. There's people with more than me, also

    And how many hours of play does it take to get 32K units? If you think about the time commitment necessary to get to that point, it's really a lot more time invested than the money would justify otherwise

    A lot? Doesn't matter. I already have a full time job, if I spend the time I currently do on MCOC making more money I sure as **** ain't gonna spend it on the game. Not everyone lives in the US, there are countries where most people get 300$ a month you know
Sign In or Register to comment.