**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Changing the rules

Ok, first, I'm not one to demand rank down tickets for every update. Now that that preface is out of the way:

You guys put out there with fairly conclusive terms that defender diversity was going to be alliance wide. Even after the release of the new war content and scoring for diversity was done per group and not alliance wide, we were told this was a mistake and would be corrected.

Today we get the news that diversity will remain per battle group and not be scored as an alliance whole. Fine, whatever you guys want, it's your game score it as you wish. The trouble with this is that a lot of people, myself included, have ranked up the most worthless trash champs in the game because you told us we were going to be scored as an alliance and not by groups. Translation: Rank this trash up or loose wars by the slimmest of margins.

We need the option to rank these champs we just took up back down. It's hardly far to tell us get ready for a particular diversity scoring table then change the rules weeks after everyone has prepared for it. It's just not a fair model to follow, and I hope you guys do the right thing.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    You should have waited until it was announced that it would be changed. Kabam said they would make changes to aw and you went ahead and ranked champs before the final decision was made. No one in my alliance ranked any trash champ but we did plan out who we needed to rank when the time comes
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    You should have waited until it was announced that it would be changed. Kabam said they would make changes to aw and you went ahead and ranked champs before the final decision was made. No one in my alliance ranked any trash champ but we did plan out who we needed to rank when the time comes

RT
  • WaldoWaldo Posts: 38
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

Again, the decision was made. And made very public right here on these forums. It was stated my @kabammiike that scoring by group was a mistake and would be fixed.
    So you should have waited until it was fixed. You jumped the gun and got screwed
    @Kabam Miike :smile:

Many of you may have also noticed that Defender Diversity is not taking the entire Alliance’s placed Defenders into account, and is only counting each Battlegroup. This is not intentional, and will be fixed as soon as we can.

Can't fault this on me or anyone else that did the same. Enjoy being a troll but no Ammon t of trolling will change what he said.
    I’m not changing what he said. I was ready to rank up joe fixit when the time came but it didn’t and I still have my resources
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    We have been placing 3/30 and 4/40 versions of trash champions that nobody would ever want to rank because defender diversity points really aren't that significant. I told my members that we would not force people to rank up trash champs, but if they want to go for it. If we lose a war because the opponent decided to rank 5/50 or 3/45 KK and ours stays at 3/30, kudos to them.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Stop trying to take advantage of alliance war flaws by ranking up champiosn for the sole purpose of defense. This is stupidity at its best.

If resources are so valuable to you, you should focus on ranking up champions who are good in both attack AND defense.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    agree bust out those RDT!
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    War is still in the beta testing phase, ld advise people to sit on the sidelines and wait till kabaam figures it out. They kinda have a policy of throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks. If you haven't seen this trend yet then it's kind of on you.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Always gonna be a new excuse daily for RDT's. At least on this thread the OP basically is saying "I don't listen and make poor choices, this is my reasoning for RDT's"

Which tends to be the argument as to why RDT's shouldn't ever happen.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    neb wrote: »
    War is still in the beta testing phase, ld advise people to sit on the sidelines and wait till kabaam figures it out. They kinda have a policy of throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks. If you haven't seen this trend yet then it's kind of on you.

I think if they were throwing "stuff" at a wall, none of us would mind. This issue is that they are throwing "stuff" at us and it stinks and creates a mess.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Just stop ranking for defense.. if you didn't wait after they announced more changes to aw were coming that's kinda on you
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    I agree with the OP. Who asked for it to be BG wide not alliance wide? No where have i seen this and its even worse imo. At least if its alliance wide we can have some dupped champs now each bg is limited to one. My R5 juggs and 5* r3 mordo will now forever sit on the sidelines and never get used because people in my bg have better versions of these champs. I never would have ranked juggs if i knew a few months later he would he useless. I feel it now also forces our alliance to start alliance swapping, defence rating will decide wars and we will eventually get to a point where we cant win, not by skill, just soley on our defenders PI. The only way what they have done to war would make any sense to me is that bases are actually coming so we can then use our defenders there but moew likely its just terrible forethought and understanding of there own game
    Soon I expect to see a new argument for RDT's to be along the lines of "I ranked up a regen champ to use the time out method in AW, now you patched it and my champ us useless"
    R4GE wrote: »
    Always gonna be a new excuse daily for RDT's. At least on this thread the OP basically is saying "I don't listen and make poor choices, this is my reasoning for RDT's"

Uhhhh no the OP listened to kabam and believed they were gonna do what they said, that is his only fault.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Soon I expect to see a new argument for RDT's to be along the lines of "I ranked up a regen champ to use the time out method in AW, now you patched it and my champ us useless"

Well, currently no need to regen at all, as force-closing apparently has no negatives until 15.1. Now, after closing takes half-health, and people rank regenners for that, then... =P

But the main point is to not rush into things, especially volatile situations. Especially when they say it will be an iterative, on-going process of adjustments. That means stuff WILL change, and there's no excuse for not waiting until the dust settles to see what the end result is before ranking up.

Now, enough with RDTs, back to demanding the return of Defender Kill Points! Which will hopefully be in 15.2, if not earlier.
    @cobs they could still bring back defender kills and it could be enough to where you can place duplicate strong defenders to win instead of having max diversity. Kabam still isn’t finished with aw changes. Until aw is finally left alone and no more changes will be made, then people can complain. You can’t complain about something that’s not finished
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Here's a solution that's NOT RDT's....are you ready?

Rank UP tickets! heck yeah. Then we don't even have to rank down the others :smiley:
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Waldo wrote: »
    Ok, first, I'm not one to demand rank down tickets for every update. Now that that preface is out of the way:

You guys put out there with fairly conclusive terms that defender diversity was going to be alliance wide. Even after the release of the new war content and scoring for diversity was done per group and not alliance wide, we were told this was a mistake and would be corrected.

Today we get the news that diversity will remain per battle group and not be scored as an alliance whole. Fine, whatever you guys want, it's your game score it as you wish. The trouble with this is that a lot of people, myself included, have ranked up the most worthless trash champs in the game because you told us we were going to be scored as an alliance and not by groups. Translation: Rank this trash up or loose wars by the slimmest of margins.

We need the option to rank these champs we just took up back down. It's hardly far to tell us get ready for a particular diversity scoring table then change the rules weeks after everyone has prepared for it. It's just not a fair model to follow, and I hope you guys do the right thing.

I just ranked up Abom and Medusa for diversity throughout the whole alliance. I wouldn't have used these resources if Kabam wouldn't have said that it was supposed to be throughout the alliance. That was clearly told to us by the company and then they changed their minds but left us in the position where if we didn't we would lose wars.

Kabam needs to give 3 rank down tickets minimum to everyone due to their communication to the community. You can't say it will be one thing and then change it a week later after everyone ranks up people based off of your communication to us!
    That’s the same thing as saying I thought carnage would be a good champ but he’s not. I ranked him regardless and regret it. I should be able to rank him down since I made a dumb decision
    Draco2199 wrote: »

I just ranked up Abom and Medusa for diversity throughout the whole alliance. I wouldn't have used these resources if Kabam wouldn't have said that it was supposed to be throughout the alliance. That was clearly told to us by the company and then they changed their minds but left us in the position where if we didn't we would lose wars.

Kabam needs to give 3 rank down tickets minimum to everyone due to their communication to the community. You can't say it will be one thing and then change it a week later after everyone ranks up people based off of your communication to us!

If your argument it you follow the forums and based choices off what Miike said than you should have seen other important comments he made and one that suggested that with new changes still coming our champs that we may think are useless now could easily be our favorites again.
    Sad part is you guys trusted things Kabam said lol

Clearly my understanding of beta testing has been wrong for years. All this time I didn't realize beta testing was done in a live version of a game with lasting consequences.

Exactly the opposite, I did listen.

Grimmbear wrote: »
    Just stop ranking for defense.. if you didn't wait after they announced more changes to aw were coming that's kinda on you

By this logic, it's never ok to rank anything, it may change some day.

It's never been said verbatim that this was not going to be patched, so actually no I'd never expect a rank down ticket for that. However, it was said verbatim the the diversity scoring was broken and was in the process of being fixed.
    edited September 2017

Clearly my understanding of beta testing has been wrong for years. All this time I didn't realize beta testing was done in a live version of a game with lasting consequences.

Exactly the opposite, I did listen.

Grimmbear wrote: »

By this logic, it's never ok to rank anything, it may change some day.

It's never been said verbatim that this was not going to be patched, so actually no I'd never expect a rank down ticket for that. However, it was said verbatim the the diversity scoring was broken and was in the process of being fixed.

Sarcasm tends to go beyond some people
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Ranking Champs is not a bad thing, regardless of the motivation to do it. That's how we advance. It was intended to be Ally-wide and they listened to the feedback of Players and made a change. Now people have more Champs Ranked. That's the whole point of the game. Who people Rank for whatever reason, is up to them.
    If you thought you needed a champ for certain content, ranked him up, then didn’t use them, does that warrant a RDT? No. You chose to rank them because you thought you would need them
    edited September 2017
    And like I said, if you were actually following threads than you would have been smarter and waited to rank up. It was commonly discussed among the community and Miike made more than just the one comment you chose to use as an argument.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'm aware that people are against rtds and I understand why but you have to admit OP stated a good case here.Right now your arguing just because you don't want them. Kabam clearly said one thing a few days ago and then changed the rules again. The argument you've made against rtds is basically that we shouldn't ever rank up champs for war defense...ever regardless of what kabam says. Whatever..ugh. I don't really care either way but I understand why the OP is pissed.
    Ranking Champs is not a bad thing, regardless of the motivation to do it. That's how we advance. It was intended to be Ally-wide and they listened to the feedback of Players and made a change. Now people have more Champs Ranked. That's the whole point of the game. Who people Rank for whatever reason, is up to them.

Yes and kabam mislead people (not on purpose im assuming) but stating multiple times it would be alliance wide and would be fixed as such. So people didnt chose to rank up champs because they wantsd to they chose to rank them up to be useful for diversity which is no longer true because kabam has changed there mind from what they said a week ago. And i havent seen anyone anywhere say they preferred it bg wide, where are people asking for this?