**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just Dump the Help System!

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
Can we all just agree that the help system is not fit for purpose? Kabam have struggled with this feature since the game's inception, and it's clear that it cannot be made to work correctly. Ever.

If they haven't done it in 5 years, they're not going to.

Helping your allies "in bulk" somehow breaks Kabam's servers, we know this, although it's hard to imagine how such a basic function could bring the servers to their knees.

Added to that, REQUESTING help now just crashes the game, randomly, so that it freezes entirely. I'm guessing it's a request to the servers that never receives a response, and the game client just hangs.

The only reason I request help in arena is to get rid of those characters from the top row, so that I can select my active champions. The entire system is just an annoyance, it's badly thought out.

Instead of fixing it, dump it. Spend your time building something that makes sense, rather than something we have to click on relentlessly while praying the game or servers aren't going to crash.

Comments

• Options
    RustyWarRustyWar Posts: 40
    edited November 2020
    Kinda relevant but I’d like to get rid of the champ refresh in arena to make people use all their champs rather than who has the biggest wallet to refresh their best 3. I believe it pushes up the arena scores making the gap the haves and have nots even wider
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Mike192 said:

The main reason why Kabam has the HElp button is so that you join an alliance and speed up cooldown time on Arena champs. Instead, if you are in an alliance of 30 members, you should automatically get those reduced timers. That would be an easier fix

Yup, anything like that. Just remove the need for us to be clicking to request help and clicking to provide help. It's such a silly mechanic, and the game's database clearly can't cope.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    Don't forget about loyalty. I agree that the help should go away, but add a weekly loyalty calendar be added. The longer you stay in your alliance, the more loyalty, isn't that what loyalty is all about?!

I do agree with the idea that if your in a full alliance, your refresh timer automatically reduces.
  • Options
    Why not put loyalty into AQ as well as AW. If you’re in a fully manned alliance, you get 10% faster cool down on arena champs or something.

It’s clearly a big challenge in the back office and it’s one of the biggest causes of lag so just do away with it.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Alliance quest, alliance war, arena help request, energy help request, alliance war - champions defense placement, alliance war - champions offensive movement being LIVE, alliance quest - champions offensive movement being LIVE, accepting others help request and in return get loyalty chips, accepting others help request to help them reduce their champions in a specific arena and list can go on. Alliance area game code is, what I believe to be my theory, is what causing those issues today.

It’s been week 4 being alliance free and I have none of those issues with kick out, freezing, glitch, lag and so on with my iPhone 6. I even tested Samsung galaxy s6 from my girlfriend for a week or so and the game was still fast as my iPhone 6 did and it only shows that there’s nothing wrong with my phone and neither are yours.