**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Every thing new falcon can cancel with recon.

Cage33Cage33 Posts: 45
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hi folks, I wanted to start a thread where people comment all the different nodes and abilities falcon is able to cancel out with recon scan these days.

This was mentioned in the spotlight, but worth repeating: he can negate evade (including mix master), thorns/spiked armor, and rock stacks.

Other things I have found him to cancel are: magik's limbo, immortal hulks immortality, the bleed part of bio hazard (them attacking you can still apply the poison, so be careful), og abominations poison, hela and punishers cheat death mechanic, medusa auto block, Morningstar bleeds, and electros interactive damage. Also he can prevent black panther civil war's armor ups, and keep him from gaining reflective armor charges. However, if he gains armor outside of recon, a newly applied recon will not prevent the stun reflection.

Things i have noticed he doesn't work on are: thor rag power gain counter, pessimist node, modok (Flux charge gives bonus ability accuracy), Phoenix's rite of the phoenix, any type of robotic healing at low health (i.e. hulkbuster, ultron, Gully 2099....), and Power from afar.

Things i havent tested, but think could yield results: killmonger reverberation, aa poison on block, scarlet witch's nonsense, old man logans bleeds, either wolverines regen, and gully 2099 invis.

Thanks in advance everyone. It is my goal that this turns into a community resource and increases everyone's knowledge of the new buffed up champ.

P.s. I am 99% certain falcon cancels immortal hulks immortality. I have done it several times (did not use sp1 to bleed him to death). However, 1 time it still triggered. Maybe recon scan ended a second too soon and I missed it, but if someone else could check this, I'd be grateful.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

This is a very useful list! Thanks! I only have a 2* Falcon so nothing to add but AA and OML are immune to AAR, so I don't think he would counter them.
    Also I don't think Pheonix's rite of the pheonix can be shut down by AAR at all, AA can't prevent it either even with like 5 neuros.

Lol, nothing stops Phoenix's invulnerability stuff. Not a thing!
  • Cage33Cage33 Posts: 45
    edited November 2020

This is a very useful list! Thanks! I only have a 2* Falcon so nothing to add but AA and OML are immune to AAR, so I don't think he would counter them.
    Also I don't think Pheonix's rite of the pheonix can be shut down by AAR at all, AA can't prevent it either even with like 5 neuros.

thanks! i forgot they are immune to ability accuracy reduction. also i think you misread, phoenix's ability was in the "doesn't work" category. nothing can stop the phoenix force! ..... except for kabam making a really weak champion.
    edited November 2020

So far I have bypassed:

Thing's Rockstacks
    MODOK autoblock
    Electro damage
    Korg thorns
    Nightcrawler evade
    Spiderverse evades
    Domino lucky, I think.
    Electra AA reduction
    Magik limbo has not took health from me
    Fantastic evade
    Mephisto regen
    Emma Frost inverted controls
    Killmonger reverb
    Mix master node
    If I think of anything else I will let you know

you must have gotten lucky against modok, because his flux charge can add up to 25% ability accuracy. but it does drastically reduce the chance of activation. but its nice to know it cancels mephistos regen. any chance it also canceled his aura of incineration activation when you hit him?
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Cage33 said:

thanks! i forgot they are immune to ability accuracy reduction. also i think you misread, phoenix's ability was in the "doesn't work" category. nothing can stop the phoenix force! ..... except for kabam making a really weak champion.
    Oops my bad! I did get it jumbled in the wrong list.
    i just tested it against prof x's falter, and it does not work.
    HI_guys said:

Cage33 said:

There's something with Miss that it can't be countered with AAR unless explicitly specified like Nick, Prof X and Magneto
    And spelthy
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,252 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Just wondering does he need to be awaken or have high signature level for him to be effective? Is the ability for Falcon only or it benefits teammates?

Thanks a bunch for the information.. it helps a lot.
    psp742 said:

Just wondering does he need to be awaken or have high signature level for him to be effective? Is the ability for Falcon only or it benefits teammates?

Thanks a bunch for the information.. it helps a lot.

His sig level makes recon last a bit longer, and gives him more crit rating during its activation. So it's nice to have and makes a big difference on damage output, but all the utility of the champ is there unawakened. Recon does not apply with other champs on the team. His synergies can affect the entire team however, and they all come with some bonus attack %.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Cage33 said:

There's something with Miss that it can't be countered with AAR unless explicitly specified like Nick, Prof X and Magneto
    Doesn't Ghost's phasing fail against 5.2 Collector after some time?
  • GanuiGanui Posts: 11
    Dip u guys tested vs reflective stun /polka dot? Does it shut down the stun reflection and u can parry as long as recon is on?
    @Ganui i tested the reflective stun part of black panther civil wars abilities. i have not tested the node. against BPCW, it does not prevent the stun from returning if the armor up is already there. however, recon can prevent armor from popping up when you are hitting him, so its kinda works to counter him there. i have not tested polka dot either.
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    Does he require dupe
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★
    He can get through biohazard and freezerburn mesmerize there's alot
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    I ran into one issue with falcons lock in ability against thing in the abyss. By the 3rd cycle it simple stops working and thing will continue to gain rock stacks while falcon is locked on. Not sure if it’s a bug or kabam changed it for abyss

I ran into one issue with falcons lock in ability against thing in the abyss. By the 3rd cycle it simple stops working and thing will continue to gain rock stacks while falcon is locked on. Not sure if it’s a bug or kabam changed it for abyss

Pretty sure Thing has 100% increased ability accuracy at that point.
  • GanuiGanui Posts: 11
    Does he shut down sixth sense too? He should right?