**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wanna go Cav before Cyber deals, possible with this roster?

EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
Hi Guys,

I am UC and haven't touched Act 6 yetbut wanna take a go at it before Cyberweekend deals.

From my roster my Top 3 champs are 6* R2 CMM, 5* R5 HT ( duped x60) and 5* R5 OR (duped x160).

Also , next week I'll have enough units to get half suicides (DE+Coag, NO LC) .. (just about 600 units away form getting it)

Questions are:

1- Besides my above mentioned top 3 who else should fill my 5 member team? I know that on chapters with lotsa metal/robots on the path or as bosses my 5* R4 Red Mags ( duped x100) and Medusa (duped x20) are a given. Besides that, who else should I consider bringing.. for example in substitution to Medusa if there are no robots?

2) Would half suicides ( DE+ Coag, no LC) help me to achieve Cav? Or should i just save those 600 units for the Cyberdeals?

Comments

• EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited November 2020

Dunno why the roster pics are not showing. Attempting to post them again now
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Show us your roster.

I just got Cav a month ago with 5*R5 Void as my MVP. No suicides.

6.1.1 - Any heal block champ will work.
    6.1.2 - Medusa
    6.1.3 and 6.1.4 - Any. Easy quests.
    6.1.5 - I want to see your roster so I can recommend who might work.
    CMM is poison but she relies a lot on her SP2 for the burst damage which you won't be able to fire unless you bait heavies a lot.
    6.1.6 - Magneto/Medusa
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    With your roster you should be able to get cav. I got cav before I had suicides, but maybe they could help with Omega Red. I don't know who else you have so I can't advise you on who else to bring. Someone with immunities is needed
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    This will be so easy for you. I finished cav with about 500 units total and no r5s or r2s
    Crcrcrc said:

This will be so easy for you. I finished cav with about 500 units total and no r5s or r2s

Yes, OP. You will be surprised how it is not a unit drain. Just plan which paths you'll take, who you will use, and remember that it's better to quit if you're stuck rather than draining your units. Energy refill is just 30 units. One friend of mine pushed too hard and spent around 2k units minimum on his Cav run. I didn't spend any.
    Finally managed to edit my second post so my roster pics would appear. Thanks so far for your opinions! Keep them coming! And for those who already answered but couldn't see my roster pics, well now u can and advise accordingly.

Cheers
    edited November 2020

My Roster sans 4*:
    Same stance. Medusa and Magneto for 6.1.2 and 6.1.6. Rankup Archangel as lane clearer, he can also counter 6.1.1. If you are at around Sig 120, 3 neurotoxins will cancel the No Retreat node and he's a good counter against Sabertooth boss.

Your only hurdle is 6.1.5. Your options are Medusa, CMM, Omega Red, and Sentinel. You just have to be aggressive to deal a lot of damage. If you want to fire an SP2, bait heavies to push the opponent's power bar.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    You’ll be good, AA decimates the sabretooth boss btw.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    OR will be good for 6.1.5 cb
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

OR will be good for 6.1.5 cb

No more biohazard, bro. As you can see, he doesn't run suicides either, so he obviously won't be able to outdamage vigor.
    Faseeh said:

my man got a 6* cmm and asking if he can become cav.

You know, back in my day we had to use 3* to do act 6

Yeah when the day happened at night.

Faseeh said:

More like when it happened in Fantasia.
  • Should be easy. 6.1 completion isn’t actually that hard, especially now. CMM and OR will handle Crossbones
    Faseeh said:

Faseeh said:

But it still happened right? :p
    Maybe or maybe not😉
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    You can definitely get cav. Run omega, torch, CMM, and probably mags for ever quest. Bring in Medusa, magik, quake, or archangel depending on what path you’re planning to take. Build your team for each quest picking from those 8.
    edited November 2020
    Hi guys,

Ok, gave it a go and reached 6.1.5, now onto Crossbones.

Haven't touched the quest yet. Been studying guides and YouTube videos before giving it a go.

I know that technically my OR is currently my best counter to Crossbones ( I just go DE+ Cuagulate btw) but before going into it so I'd like to ask who to R4 for bringing as backup.

From my roster I've identified Sentinel and AA as top picks to take for R4 specifically for this fight. They are both 3/45, AA is duped x50 and Sentinel isn't, but I have a tech gem if necessary ( was saving it for Warlock, Gully2099 or Ghost, but no dice). To be completely honest if I were to use the gem, it would be for Starky and then take him to R4 (he's also 3/45) but since I am dead set on get Cavalier with the least amount of units possible, I can use it in Sentinel if u guy think it's better.

Another candidate for R4 for this fight is Morningstar. She's duped x40 and also 3/45. She's great with DE suicide and will punish dearly Croosbones's furies and regens with her L2 and whatnot.

So should I R4 Sentinel, AA, Morningstar or Starky? Remember that this is mainly for 6.1.5 , as I already have Medusa as Red Mags for 6.1.6.

If you don't think I should R4, let me know... I'd rather save the rank up resources for whomever pops up with the Cyber deals ( NF, Aegon, Ghost, Warlock or Doom, hopefully, if not will likely R5 my Red Mags for variants) but again, I am set in Cavalier so I'll do whatever for it.

I know I know that you might think I am overthinking this since many of you got Cav with R3s and R4s, and I already have two R5s and one 6* R2. However, one thing you mist understand is that I SUCK AT PLAYING THIS GAME, I am perhaps a below average player as I usually use more units than most. Case in point, I've already used three group revives in Act 6 so far... even with my roster, while other with lesser rosters can do it without using any. That is how much I suck.

That is why it pays for me to invest in ranking whomever can help me to use the least amount of rezzes and units possible.

Your help is appreciated,

Cheers
    I don't advise watching videos for the crossbones fight. What you see on YouTube is the old version that still had biohazard. Now it's the new version with poison node, so you need another strategy.
    edited November 2020

So should I R4 Sentinel, AA, Morningstar or Starky? Remember that this is mainly for 6.1.5 , as I already have Medusa as Red Mags for 6.1.6.

Cheers

If you want someone as a backup, Morningstar, Starky and AA won't help you in 6.1.5 because of the 30 seconds Poison node. They'll die in an instant and Crossbones will heal a lot. Also, Starky doesn't need the gem but Sentinel does. Sentinel will help you against Crossbones, you just have to Complete Analysis and then spam L1 to counter the heal he gets from Vigor.

It will be difficult to counter Crossbones with Omega Red now that the Biohazard node is gone, so I suggest you should R4 Sentinel and give him the gem as a backup.

EDIT: It will be a long fight, so prepare your willpower. Lol.

Cheers

If you want someone as a backup, Morningstar, Starky and AA won't help you in 6.1.5 because of the 30 seconds Poison node. They'll die in an instant and Crossbones will heal a lot. Also, Starky doesn't need the gem but Sentinel does. Sentinel will help you against Crossbones, you just have to Complete Analysis and then spam L1 to counter the heal he gets from Vigor.

It will be difficult to counter Crossbones with Omega Red now that the Biohazard node is gone, so I suggest you should R4 Sentinel and give him the gem as a backup.

Thank you so much for the heaps of feedback @Vandemiaire!

Ok so according to your suggestion, my team for 6.1.5 should be:

CMM
    OR
    Medusa
    HT (for path clearing)
    Sentinel after R4 rankup and awakening

...correct? I guess Red Mags wouldn't do much to Crossbones because of the poison node, the stun immune and the fisticuffs that prevents the magnetize effect, am I right?

Thanks again for your invaluable input!

Cheers

Thank you so much for the heaps of feedback @Vandemiaire!

Ok so according to your suggestion, my team for 6.1.5 should be:

CMM
    OR
    Medusa
    HT (for path clearing)
    Sentinel after R4 rankup and awakening

...correct? I guess Red Mags wouldn't do much to Crossbones because of the poison node, the stun immune and the fisticuffs that prevents the magnetize effect, am I right?

Thanks again for your invaluable input!
    Yea, the poison alone will kill Magneto before he can even build a decent prowess.

If only you have Nick Fury and Deadpool X, you can cancel the poison.

I don't know about Medusa's damage output but she's also poison immune. I'm just not confident that she can outdamage the heal. With Sentinel you can heal block, so even though Sentinel doesn't have those big numbers, he can chip through Crossbones' health. It will just take a lot of patience.

You can also build CMM before the boss fight at around 20 Binary charges. You just can't rely on her SP2 because of the global node, so just pummel through.

Take the left side path with Superior Iron Man as the first defender and the buffet Winter Solider as the last to remove the Bane linked node.
    Ohh btw, tip on Sentinel. Build those Analysis Charges first (Baiting SP1s if awakened, hitting into block - 3 to 4 hits).
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Honestly, yeah the Crossbones fight might be rough, but I was able to make Cav with a way worse roster, so I have no doubt you can get there soon.
    Go for sentinel