**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cosmic Awakening Help

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited September 2017 in Strategy and Tips
I recently got a cosmic AG, and I only have 4 cosmic 4*: Thor, Venom, SIM, and duped Phoenix. My current plan is to wait for Hyperion, but I was wondering if there was a better option

Cosmic Awakening Help 54 votes

Hyperion
64%
RagamugginGunnerRenegade_DoggyJcray705Yellsomevg2782SlyCat42TortoigVartoxweavileSpiritTheMaskZane22sbb75Captain_MaimMasterTroller42TheMageHunterBreynolds11Ego_TricksterDarkrider05Jim0172 35 votes
SIM
0%
Venom
0%
Thor
31%
ShadTheManwinterthurAlfa_PigeonSlySlyDarkZenDexman1349GhengisHanEvilRazornameplas8406GRArus25polverine15Anonymous346KulsaneSpitfire17583Carme1974vdkaknight777 17 votes
Other
3%
Luismarquez131methylcobalamin 2 votes

Comments

• Hyperion
    Hyperion is obv the best option but if u can't wait then I'd say go with Thor.
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Hyperion is obv the best option but if u can't wait then I'd say go with Thor.

+1
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Hyperion
    Hyperion... but not because there isn't someone else you could potentially awaken. It's just that on your list none of those characters require being awakened and Thor was severely nerfed in terms of power from what he used to be.

So, saving it for Hyperion sounds fine.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Thor
    If you need a Champ to help clear content with your existing roster, Thor can be considered.

Hyperion clears fight quite fast and is not needed to be awakened for short fight. Before sig ability appear, the fight is over.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Hyperion
    Id say the only other two worth it would be drax and hype but thinking more about it I say just pop it on thor so you can get the most use out of 4*s now (since 6* will be coming soon)
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Hyperion
    Hyperion or if you ever get medusa
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Thor
    Hype doesn't need to be awakened to be good. His sig ability just increases his power gain and isn't really noticeable until he's a high sig level.

Thor has to be duped to be good. The armor break he unleashes with each stun can absolutely wreck champs. Yes, he was "nerfed" because he can only break armor to the level of the AI's armor (i.e. he can't remove 3000 armor if the AI only has 1000). Before 12.0, he was allowed to go negative and cause extra damage (which to be fair I don't think was supposed to happen). The only downside is that his sig ability is eliminated by stun-immune fights.

I awakened my Thor long before Hype was even a possibility. Never regretted it. Now I have a hard-hitting Thor and an unduped Hype and would take both to R5.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Hyperion
    Hyperion's sig does not only increase his power gain. It increases the length of any buff, including his fury and regen. While not as flashy as the fury/armor break, it means you get to full power faster than you otherwise would have, as well as hitting harder.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
    I have enough sig stones lying around to take an awakened cosmic to 53/99. Does that change whether or not Hype is worth it?
  • 8406GR8406GR Posts: 55
    Thor
    Thor got nerfed, but honestly you guys make it sound like you stack 4,567 armor breaks before an L3...
    2 armored breaks is probably in the scope of most players with 4 cosmic 4*'s and it's plenty of damage, plus Hyperion can still be good whiles he's nice and cozy sleeping.
    Go with Thor, he is useful in a lot of content at an easier pace.