**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why isn't Killomonger immune to Havoks detonation?

Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★
I just wanted to ask why isn't killomonger immune to havoks detonation he starts every match with an armor buff buts it called vibranoum armor but its still considered armor, so shouldn't he be immune to plasma detonation I test it killomonger when it comes to regular detonation when he reaches 10 on you, he detonates them and I take damage despite of me having armor buff how ever when it comes to l3 and I have industrutible and 10 plasmas on me i don't take damage so just want to know shouldn't killomonger be immune to havoks plasma because he has an armor buff?

Also sorry English is not my best 😂

Comments

• Options

• Options

Only qrmour up buffs work not armour passives

Dang thats a bit dum 😕
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    buffs not passives
  • Options

It’s a passive armour effect, whereas Havok’s detonation is only prevented by active armour ups

You can tell the difference between them because active buffs have the bright border round them while passives are flat

Hope this helps!

Alright thx👌it did.
    I thought passive armor and armor still counted but it apparently doesn't
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    the passive vs not passive is dumb
  • Options
    Thx for answering my question guys, I thought he was immune because what ever armor you have even if passive you can't take damage from havoks plasmas but I guess I misread the thing
  • Options

• Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Ghost12 said:

It’s a passive armour effect, whereas Havok’s detonation is only prevented by active armour ups

You can tell the difference between them because active buffs have the bright border round them while passives are flat

Hope this helps!

Alright thx👌it did.
    yep same stuff with IMIW.
  • Options
    RaviDavi said:

Ghost12 said:

Hope this helps!

Alright thx👌it did.
    yep same stuff with IMIW.
    I even forgot iron man iw has passive armor
  • Options
    Moot4Life said:

Yeah they should change that discreption a bit because there ain't much difference with a passive armor vs armor
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Read the description. An armor up BUFF
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Read the description. An armor up BUFF

Like I said I missread the thing
  • Options
    But I'm still confused the industuctible buffs shouldn't protect me from the detonation on havoks l3 I tested this 3 times with 10 plasmas on me and then he tossed l3 and I didn't take energy damage so I'm confused of why killomonger is able to protect himself from havoks l3 detonation yet not regular detonations
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I know I'm making dum questions but I'm confused of how he protects himself from regular l3 detonation and yet not the other detonations
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Likely it has something to do with one being an attack, while the other one isn't.
    I'm not sure if it is an intended behaviour, but I would guess he shouldn't be able to negate the damage
  • Options

Likely it has something to do with one being an attack, while the other one isn't.
    I'm not sure if it is an intended behaviour, but I would guess he shouldn't be able to negate the damage

Thats what I'm thinking it suppose protect me from l3 but not the detonations so I think its bugged or something
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Ghost12 said:

But I'm still confused the industuctible buffs shouldn't protect me from the detonation on havoks l3 I tested this 3 times with 10 plasmas on me and then he tossed l3 and I didn't take energy damage so I'm confused of why killomonger is able to protect himself from havoks l3 detonation yet not regular detonations

Indestructible like from Luke Cage or CMM protect you from any kind of damage, right? You could tank a hundred SP 3 or thousands of plasmas while you are invincible.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Ghost12 said:

Moot4Life said:

Yeah they should change that discreption a bit because there ain't much difference with a passive armor vs armor
    there clearly is lol
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Ghost12 said:

I know I'm making dum questions but I'm confused of how he protects himself from regular l3 detonation and yet not the other detonations

probably a weird interaction with the sp3 because it's triggered by the sp3
  • Options

Hope this helps!

Just a correction here: an "active effect" is an effect that is currently doing something, as opposed to "not active" where it is not doing something. Killmonger's vibranium armor is a passive armor effect. It is an active effect when it is up, and a not-active effect when it is on cooldown. It is therefore an active passive armor effect when it is up.

Active and passive are not opposites in MCOC. The opposite of active is "not active." "Passive" doesn't have an opposite, any more than 3 has an opposite. There are passives, buffs, debuffs, and a couple other things the game doesn't talk about a lot (like certain node effects that are none of the above).

Side note: whether we are talking about abilities or effects, "Active" means it is on. The opposite of active is "not active." But "Passive" means two different things depending on context. When talking about effects, "Passive" is a type: passive, buff or debuff. But when talking about abilities, "Passive" refers to an ability that is does not need to be activated, in other words it is always on. All other kinds of abilities other than passive abilities need to be activated in some manner to turn on.
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Moot4Life said:

It's not because (passives):

-Can't be nullified by the means of Fate Seal and Stagger;
    -Won't trigger Buffet and Power Snack;
    etc.
  • Options

Ghost12 said:

Moot4Life said:

there clearly is lol
    It is there but not everyone will know whats passive or buff, heck even my friend who's played the game long as I have didn't know the difference I had to explain him that lmao
  • Options
    RaviDavi said:

Moot4Life said:

It's not because (passives):

-Can't be nullified by the means of Fate Seal and Stagger;
    -Won't trigger Buffet and Power Snack;
    etc.
    Hmm true like passive regen or something like that
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

Ghost12 said:

Indestructible like from Luke Cage or CMM protect you from any kind of damage, right? You could tank a hundred SP 3 or thousands of plasmas while you are invincible.
    Hmm alright
  • Options
    Ghost12 said:

As a rule, indestructible buffs protect you from all damage that lands simultaneously as part of an attack. Since all of Havok's SP3 damage essentially lands simultaneously including the detonations, I believe it should all count as one burst of damage. An indestructible buff should protect against all of that damage. I haven't tested this directly, but I would be surprised if it did not.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Ghost12 said:

As a rule, indestructible buffs protect you from all damage that lands simultaneously as part of an attack. Since all of Havok's SP3 damage essentially lands simultaneously including the detonations, I believe it should all count as one burst of damage. An indestructible buff should protect against all of that damage. I haven't tested this directly, but I would be surprised if it did not.
    Can you go test it because I know killomongers buff is suppose protect during l3 but not after the detonation though especially if i had 10 of those if that makes sense 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Ghost12 said:

DNA3000 said:

Ghost12 said:

Can you go test it because I know killomongers buff is suppose protect during l3 but not after the detonation though especially if i had 10 of those if that makes sense 🤷‍♂️
    Killmonger doesn't have a normal indestructible