**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gifting Event Timelines Need Kabam's Clarification

We're trying to recruit for after the AW season, and people are asking if they will still qualify for gifting rewards because the season ends with 12-13 days left in the gifting event, and the gifting rule states a 14 day period before you can contribute pts/get rewards.

I've read through multiple threads, and most seem to think those new member will just need to wait a bit before collecting rewards, but Kabam, as far as I can find, has yet to officially confirm this - which makes it REALLY hard to recruit at the moment, since no one is going to want to leave their group if there's a chance they miss out on gifting event.

@Kabam Miike if there has been an official explanation of this and I missed it, then sorry - but if not, I think we need some official verification on the timing details of this.

LTDR: If someone leaves their alliance for a new one after the war season, 1/2 days after gifting event starts, will they eventually get rewards if they stay for at least 14 days?

Comments

• ChimpyboyChimpyboy Posts: 124
    I wish someone would address this....multiple threads asking the same question and no clarification on it....it's frustrating to not know
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    Doesn't AW season end December 8th and Gifting event ends January 4th?
    Gifting event runs from the 21st of December till the 4th of January. I'm not entirely sure if it's been clarified whether points you contribute to an alliance during the 14 day holding period will be counted once the 14 days are up (I'd assume so..) but either way there is plenty of time to join a new alliance after the season ends to qualify for the gifting event.
    right - that's what I was thinking too - but I can see how players would be hesitant to make any moves when the season is up, b/c it just says you need to be in the alliance for 14 days. It seems to imply that it doesn't need to be 14 days before the event starts...but would you be willing to jump from your group after the season on an assumption for a once per year event and risk missing out?

They're taking the chance based on everyone's opinion here....but everyone's opinion isn't confirmation.

I don't think it's a big ask to just have them clarify. And there are enough people here asking the question that obviously it's something that's unclear.

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    So if you join 13 days before the event, you have to wait 1 extra day when it starts to contribute points. You can still gift, but no points towards the milestones. This is how all of the alliance milestone events have worked. Once the 14 days has passed, you may start adding points to the total. It will not count points to the total that were earned during the 14 day period.
  • @Chimpyboy , your original assumption (for anyone else reading it and thinking it was indeed true) stated that AW season would not end until AFTER Gifting had actually begun.
    That is not true (or was just mistakenly written).

I assume you meant to say AW will end (2 days) after the PRE-14 day time period will have begun. Which is what is true.
    But that just means you would wait until after AW ends, then switch ally's, and then once Gifting period actually starts you would just have to wait another 2-3 days before doing your own Gifting in the alliance.
    yes - that's what I was getting at...I know all about the waiting to contribute to alliance events and all that, and how those points are held back and then you qualify later on, etc., etc., and I figured that it would be a similar system with this gifting waiting period - but this being a 1x a year event, it would just be nice to have some official confirmation on it, rather than just going off assumptions...that's really my main point.