**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So discouraging...

SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
I don’t know what to call this post. It’s not a critique post against kabam. Just that I have no one that can listen and I really need to write this of my chest to try to bounce back.

I’m a cav player. After the cyber weekend everyone was telling cav players “just do a run of abyss and you will have a t5c to rank 3 a 6* and become thronebreaker.
So I figured “ok, then let’s do that” it took some time but today I finished and opened my chrystals.

And I just fell through the floor.

I have use for skill, mystic, mutant, tech, cosmic but not science.
But surely as usual, what do I get.... and I don’t have much to choose from.

Becoming Thronebreaker should be about skill and content. But I’m still stuck at cav because of RNG.

And yes. I know some people will say that it’s up to me if I want to rank or not depending on how bad I want the title. But that doesn’t help me right now.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Mr Fantastic! I love my five star so much
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    You can take up rhino, id open one more 6* crystal and if u dont get something good from that then i say RANK UP RHINO
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★

It is locked behind content not luck though. The problem is that they set the requirements so low, it's possible to get lucky before you do all the content. It's not required to get lucky though. Finish Act 6. Finish Abyss. Then it's basically impossible to not be able to R3 one person.

You're just upset you didn't get lucky to meet the absolute bare minimum requirement.

Tbh, I get that they meant to set the thronebreaker to a pretty high standard. And as Miike said, even 100% Abyss is a low bar to what they were aiming.

But doesn't that mean that the cavalier is group is still a very huge and diverse group? Compared to all the other titles in the game, Cavalier to thronebreaker is the longest journey I can see. All the other titles get catered to their respective groups but cavalier looks so big that there's no way they can cater to everyone in that group. They should do something about that..
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Mr. Fantastic is really underrated. Maybe because he‘s more of a Support Champ (you know like in games where you use DPS/Tanks/Support/Healer) ... you can lock enemy SKs with him for the whole mission, I think. He‘s a good boy as a sacrifice at least.

Don't listen to the people here about lucky and bare minimum bs. I know it's discouraging, for sure.
    Just keep playing and I'm sure you will pull a R3 worthy science champ eventually.

Science is the class with the least really good Champs atm in my opinion. Sure, Torch and Void, high Sig Cap (Red Guardian), maybe one of the Hulks ... but that’s it. Finally another worthy Champ with Spider Ham this month.

Science T5CC would have screwed me, too. Luckily I got Cosmic at least (not my favorite, but it works):

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Aziz5253 said:

It is locked behind content not luck though. The problem is that they set the requirements so low, it's possible to get lucky before you do all the content. It's not required to get lucky though. Finish Act 6. Finish Abyss. Then it's basically impossible to not be able to R3 one person.

You're just upset you didn't get lucky to meet the absolute bare minimum requirement.

Tbh, I get that they meant to set the thronebreaker to a pretty high standard. And as Miike said, even 100% Abyss is a low bar to what they were aiming.

But doesn't that mean that the cavalier is group is still a very huge and diverse group? Compared to all the other titles in the game, Cavalier to thronebreaker is the longest journey I can see. All the other titles get catered to their respective groups but cavalier looks so big that there's no way they can cater to everyone in that group. They should do something about that..
    It is a very large group still. That's mostly bc of just how easy getting cavalier very soon after UC is for a lot of players these days due to a massive increase in 5* availability.

Yeah some people will just have terrible 5* luck trying to get a counter for crossbones or something of the sort, but when it's possible (yes I'm aware it's not realistically possible for newer players) for people to start a new account and then be Cavalier within a week, you can't really hold that title is very high standing anymore. It's just not difficult to get these days.

I totally get that there are going to be a lot of unlucky people with the TB title as well. Those people need to start looking at actually finishing some content and evaluating their level of alliance event involvement. It's just a matter of how long to you want to sit and wait for the game to give you what you're looking for.

Also 6* shards are coming in faster and faster every day. I'd imagine the amount of time players will be sitting "with no worthy champs" is going to be reducing fairly quickly over the next few months.
    HI_guys said:

Dude a guy explored Act6 and didn't have a worthy rank 3.

Oh you said "impossible" . Its possible sure.but not worth it
    If people aren't doing everything they can to reduce the effect that randomness has, that's on them not the game. Some people spend. Some people push content as fast as possible. Some people grind constantly. Some people push themselves in alliance events. There's multiple ways to go about it honestly.

If you decide to leave yourself completely at the mercy of RNG though, then you just have to take what comes unfortunately.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I'll never understand why people think everything has to line up when you want it to on a game that's been nearly 100% RNG based for it's entire history.

Keep doing content, collecting more shards, open more crystals, get more champs and you'll come across one you can use it on. Just because you get catalyst doesn't mean you'll have a champ to use it on right away. We've seen this for years with AGs. People complain about having multiple of one kind but don't have all the champs worthy of AG right then. Save it and use it later.

Cyber Weekend is over. Don't fret too much about being TB. Save the T5CC until you get a better science champ.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★

I'll never understand why people think everything has to line up when you want it to on a game that's been nearly 100% RNG based for it's entire history.

Keep doing content, collecting more shards, open more crystals, get more champs and you'll come across one you can use it on. Just because you get catalyst doesn't mean you'll have a champ to use it on right away. We've seen this for years with AGs. People complain about having multiple of one kind but don't have all the champs worthy of AG right then. Save it and use it later.

Cyber Weekend is over. Don't fret too much about being TB. Save the T5CC until you get a better science champ.

I think people are aiming for the Christmas gift now
    though it is for sure better to get to next progression level as quick as you can better daily crystals and everything
    The calendar and dailies crystals aren't that much better. I'm pulling mostly T4B from them and a little T2A.
    As I already said, Science is a pretty small class with too high amount of outdated Champs (classic Cap, classic Hulks, classic Abominations, classic Spideys ...). The chance to pull a good one is kinda small ... but you won‘t need to many Science T5CC then. It‘s not a big loss to use it for Mr. Fantastic (would do that for TB).
    I have Red Guardian and both Abominations as 6* ... I wouldn‘t but probably I‘m biased. He was always trash so why should it change? lol
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    Id go with either mr fantastic or abom as ur gonna get more t5cc anyway in future since the calendar plus the events of eq and side plus new acts will reward more

WOLF_LINK said:

I have Red Guardian and both Abominations as 6* ... I wouldn‘t but probably I‘m biased. He was always trash so why should it change? lol

I really want him or iabom because I dont exactly have the best champ to counter thing boss in aw
    I have void Bbut I used to ply him as a 4* so I dont wanna rankup my 5* now
    I can counter every other boss and even got a lot of solos on some this season but thing is just not getting done well in our bg and so I really wanna pull iabom or both abom and red guardian as a set
    Not sure how iBom would do on Thing. His sp1 that you need to use to keep poisons on yourself has quite a few hits. Could be annoying keeping track of rockstacks. I've not tried him on Thing personally. Took my R5 into the science cav EQ quest to play around and he was a lot of fun though
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    This is a genuine question, but what is the problem with ranking up a dud to R3 just for TB?