**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Champion trading

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    AGSTROS said:

It's hurting the state of the game because people are abusing a system in an unintended way in order to gain unfair benefits for themselves. You're right that it doesn't hurt any specific player, but it compromises the overall integrity of the game by disrupting the way Kabam wants this game to be played.

I also noticed your response to someone who claimed that trading wouldn't earn Kabam less money, but it most certainly would. Let me give you an example: My alliance mate who whales on crystals has been dying for a 5 star apocalypse and spent $200 on cav crystals trying to get him. However, I'm a f2p who's not as serious, and I would certainly be willing to "trade" him my 5* apocalypse for like $30 if he just gave me cash. In this case Kabam would've lost $200. I feel like this would happen fairly frequently, as people like me, who aren't as serious about the game, would be willing to "sell" our champs for a lot cheaper than dedicated players normally spend trying to pull them from crystals.

EDIT: Changed to $200, thanks crcrcrc

In the scenario above, the hindsight is still dependent on several variables. Your friend only realized they're willing to spend $30 more towards you but AFTER having spent $200 towards Kabam in cav crystals. Also, if you're going to trade him a 5* Apocalypse, the Trade Market rules state he must have a 5* Something to trade with to make it happen. Time and money must be exerted there as well just to get him to the trading table.

Either way, Kabam STILL doesn't lose any money.
    No. You're grasping at straws here. The system will not ever work
  • Options
    AGSTROSAGSTROS Posts: 50
    PicoBp said:

You don't get it, do you? Drops are random. One can have Doom as his/her first 6* from a free crystal. Ever heard the term "free to play"? My secondary acc rocks Silver Surfer out of only 2 6* pulls. Both from the shards found in GGCs. Never spent a dime on that acc. Top tier endgame players spend thousands to get one just for his prestige. Do you really think they would leave their thick wallets on the table, if they could just trade any of their 150+ 6* champs for it?

I'm lost if you're just stubborn, naive, or lacking knowledge on the (end)game.

It's the latter, I'm lacking the knowledge (hence why I'm here). Your above scenario seems super complex yet hasn't tripped any of my "why is it a problem" buttons. Not seeing a loss of funds for Kabam, not seeing an unfair advantage against casual f2p accounts... etc.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

I'm grasping at possible nuances and have so far effectively countered each as it has arisen.
    The system WILL work, as it has in other games and can here as well.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    AGSTROS said:

Crcrcrc said:

I'm grasping and possible nuances and have so far effectively countered each as it has arisen.
    The system WILL work, as it has in other games and can here as well.

Ok, in your example, say Kabam did make $200 off the person looking for Apoc before trading. How much more money are they losing out on by him getting an Apoc instantly?

I for one would not have spent a cent trying to get iHulk with the attitude towards him if trading existed. I would have just traded my Thing for a 6* version and been on my way. Kabam will not add a system that loses them money.
  • Options

there would be to much: "HEY Give me your 5 star doom, and ill give you a 6 star ______. IM NOT GOING FIRST." And they get the doom, but you get a 2 star spidey classic.

The Fair Trade Menu would show both Champs in queue and ask if both players agree to make it final. No cheating like you mentioned would take place.

• Options
    PicoBpPicoBp Posts: 35
    @AGSTROS So in short summary, correct me if I'm misunderstanding the situation here.

- You didn't spend time in the game (lvl 41 after years?)
    - You probably didn't spend half the effort of this topic to research progression tips for beginners (you are one, not an insult)
    - You haven't put in the effort to progress in the story, as to unlock higher tier rewards, masteries, resource drops
    - Your only goal is to have Iron Man (I just hope you're at least looking for the IW variant, though he won't be much of a help - a mediocre champ by today's standards)
    - You hate the game, because it takes time, skill and dedication to grow your roster

Are you sure you want to play THIS game? Wouldn't you be better of with some other Marvel title? Like there's Realm of Champions, their latest game, where you start off with an Iron suit...
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Ok, in your example, say Kabam did make $200 off the person looking for Apoc before trading. How much more money are they losing out on by him getting an Apoc instantly?

I for one would not have spent a cent trying to get iHulk with the attitude towards him if trading existed. I would have just traded my Thing for a 6* version and been on my way. Kabam will not add a system that loses them money.

By this point however, we're delving into the realm of alternative possibilities...
    Sure, Kabam COULD have made some amount MORE money had trading not been available.
    But on the flipside of the same hypothetical coin, Kabam would be gaining that same amount of funding from new players being drawn to the game for the first time thanks to the new mechanic.
    It's a wash when pushed to that scenario.
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

Crcrcrc said:

By this point however, we're delving into the realm of alternative possibilities...
    Sure, Kabam COULD have made some amount MORE money had trading not been available.
    But on the flipside of the same hypothetical coin, Kabam would be gaining that same amount of funding from new players being drawn to the game for the first time thanks to the new mechanic.
    Kabam will not add it. It will not add new players in because they would have to find someone to trade with. It will just lose money. Stop arguing for a trading system and grind for an Iron Man if you want one.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    AGSTROS said:

Crcrcrc said:

Man, do you even realize you get crystals for free, if you play the story/monthly/side event quests, maybe even participate in an alliance? And the farther you progress, the better the available crystals become, and the bigger the amount of shards that fall to your feet on a regular basis.

What's this fetish of yours that you have to pay to get champs? You just learn to play and head into the quests. Act 4 is made for 3 star champs, Act 5.2 for 4 stars. Heck, you can even complete Act 5.4 eith them if you get good at it.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    PicoBp said:

@AGSTROS So in short summary, correct me if I'm misunderstanding the situation here.

- You didn't spend time in the game (lvl 41 after years?) Well not counting the TIME it took me to GET to lvl 41 in the first place,... correct.
    - You probably didn't spend half the effort of this topic to research progression tips for beginners (you are one, not an insult) Yes, I admit to being a "beginner", however aren't progression tips meant to advance past world levels and increase Champion ranks, etc.? What good does either of that do, if MY end game is to obtain a 4* Iron Man?
    - You haven't put in the effort to progress in the story, as to unlock higher tier rewards, masteries, resource drops. Sort of. I own several 4* Champs (that I don't care for) but have zero fun playing with them in Story. So they sit, I'm at a dead end and have only advanced as far as my 3* Awakened Champs can take me (Those are MUCH more fun!)
    - Your only goal is to have Iron Man (I just hope you're at least looking for the IW variant, though he won't be much of a help - a mediocre champ by today's standards) At this point, I would take either IM... IW or not.
    - You hate the game, because it takes time, skill and dedication to grow your roster. No, If I "hated" the game, I wouldn't be here trying to improve it. And even my proposed Trade Market would still require skill and dedication to grow my roster.

Are you sure you want to play THIS game? Wouldn't you be better of with some other Marvel title? Like there's Realm of Champions, their latest game, where you start off with an Iron suit...
    I tried to get Realm of Champions, but sadly the game is not compatible with my dated 2017 Samsung model.
    Either way, there is no other "fighting" mechanic game on the market where I can be a powerful Iron Man... and so here we are

Responses in bold above. Very fair assumptions in each though, kudos!
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

PicoBp said:

- You didn't spend time in the game (lvl 41 after years?) Well not counting the TIME it took me to GET to lvl 41 in the first place,... correct.Nothing to say here
    - You probably didn't spend half the effort of this topic to research progression tips for beginners (you are one, not an insult) Yes, I admit to being a "beginner", however aren't progression tips meant to advance past world levels and increase Champion ranks, etc.? What good does either of that do, if MY end game is to obtain a 4* Iron Man?The whole point of the game is to complete content for crystals for characters. If you don't want to put in the work for the characters, then you won't get them
    - You haven't put in the effort to progress in the story, as to unlock higher tier rewards, masteries, resource drops. Sort of. I own several 4* Champs (that I don't care for) but have zero fun playing with them in Story. So they sit, I'm at a dead end and have only advanced as far as my 3* Awakened Champs can take me (Those are MUCH more fun!)Sometimes you have to use boring champs in order to get good ones
    - Your only goal is to have Iron Man (I just hope you're at least looking for the IW variant, though he won't be much of a help - a mediocre champ by today's standards) At this point, I would take either IM... IW or not.
    - You hate the game, because it takes time, skill and dedication to grow your roster. No, If I "hated" the game, I wouldn't be here trying to improve it. And even my proposed Trade Market would still require skill and dedication to grow my roster.
    The trade system wouldn't, because building your roster implies you are getting champs that you need with work. Trading your champs for others does not count as building your roster

Answers in italics

• Options

No, SOMEBODY, won't have to spend the $200. I spent $0 to get apocalypse I just got lucky. I could now find someone on the forums who really wanted him and was going to open crystals, but they are now willing to pay me $30 and trade it to them. If this system got released, everyone would realize, "hey there's no reason to spend hundreds hunting for a single champ" I'll just find someone who got lucky and pulled him on their first try, and pay them a lesser amount.

But those people that got lucky and pulled an Apoc they're willing to sell... they can ONLY trade with fellow Alliance members that have an equally rated Champ in the first place. 16 other members can scratch and claw their way to the front of the line to offer you $30 real cash for the trade, but if they don't have a required Champ meeting the minimum criteria... it ain't happening. So they have to now "pay" to get that Equally powered Champ worthy of trading with. Instead of all 16 members trying to "pay" for an Apoc, now all 16 are trying to be the first to get ANOTHER Champ worth trading with. The $200 is getting paid to Kabam if not even moreso now.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

The trade system wouldn't, because building your roster implies you are getting champs that you need with work. Trading your champs for others does not count as building your roster

This is profound. You nailed it right here. Trading does NOT count as building a roster. So the act of needing to acquire NEW Champs outside of the Trading Market would have to occur as usual.

In other words, an added trading market still means EVERYONE is going to have to use skill and dedication to grow a roster regardless.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

Kabam will not add it. It will not add new players in because they would have to find someone to trade with. It will just lose money. Stop arguing for a trading system and grind for an Iron Man if you want one.

Kabam has already emailed me that it's not outside the possibility of ever being added. Finding someone to trade with is not an impossibility either (think these very message forums) and it will actually gain money from the added demographic of "collector" gamers in addition to "hardcore" gamers.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    AGSTROS said:

This is a screenshot of my fully free to play (nothing bought for money) secondary account after just 10 days:

Here's the story progression at that time (a night's sleep and like 2 in-game hours later the same day, to be precise):

And it's just a throwaway dust-collector that I started for fun. This roster was perfectly fine to complete Act 4, even got me to Uncollected (Act 5.2). Just as a baseline for time and money you need to get growing.
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

Crcrcrc said:

Kabam has already emailed me that it's not outside the possibility of ever being added. Finding someone to trade with is not an impossibility either (think these very message forums) and it will actually gain money from the added demographic of "collector" gamers in addition to "hardcore" gamers.
    That email said that you gave them info on the possibility and that you could submit it on a suggestion form. That is the support way of saying "cool, thanks for the advice, that's not what support is for." It will never be added.
  • Options
    PicoBp said:

What's this fetish of yours that you have to pay to get champs? You just learn to play and head into the quests. Act 4 is made for 3 star champs, Act 5.2 for 4 stars. Heck, you can even complete Act 5.4 eith them if you get good at it.

That's a gross misconception. Nowhere in any of my previous posts have I admitted to ever WANTING to pay to get Champs. I simply want to offload these 4* Champs I have for a 4* Iron Man. Period.

Speaking of, if the Trade Market were Live today... Would anyone want a 4* Super Iron Man, Vision, Miles-Morales, Black Panther or Scarlet Witch to trade for? That's what I would be working with today.
  • Options
    PicoBp said:

AGSTROS said:

This is a screenshot of my fully free to play (nothing bought for money) secondary account after just 10 days:

Here's the story progression at that time (a night's sleep and like 2 in-game hours later the same day, to be precise):

And it's just a throwaway dust-collector that I started for fun. This roster was perfectly fine to complete Act 4, even got me to Uncollected (Act 5.2). Just as a baseline for time and money you need to get growing.
    Good stuff Pico! But how many hours per day? Can I achieve those same results on just playing 30 min. a day? Because that's all the time I can afford.
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

PicoBp said:

AGSTROS said:

Good stuff Pico! But how many hours per day? Can I achieve those same results on just playing 30 min. a day? Because that's all the time I can afford.
    30 min a day in 2 weeks could be all of act 4 done from the beginning. Depends on where you're at.
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

PicoBp said:

That's a gross misconception. Nowhere in any of my previous posts have I admitted to ever WANTING to pay to get Champs. I simply want to offload these 4* Champs I have for a 4* Iron Man. Period.

Speaking of, if the Trade Market were Live today... Would anyone want a 4* Super Iron Man, Vision, Miles-Morales, Black Panther or Scarlet Witch to trade for? That's what I would be working with today.
    You keep telling that someone will pay to get the good champs, that's why I asked.

BTW, Vision has double immunities and power control, pretty valuable champ at that level. And Scarlet Witch was like the best, game-breaking champ before her nerf, and is still a pretty good one - just a bit of a gamble. Poison, power drain/burn/lock, hard hitting specials, regeneration. You are sitting on some great champs without even knowing. OG Iron Man is one of the biggest memes of the game in comparison...
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

PicoBp said:

AGSTROS said:

I have a relationship, two kids, a full time job, and a primary account in a Plat 4 alliance. Sure, I have spent about 2 hours a day (or more like the night) on this one in the first week, but that's including Act 1-2 exploration as well. That would mean you can get there in... about a month from zero? See why people feel you should be spending all this time on the game instead of this pointless argument on the forums?
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,550 ★★★★★
    How has this discussion kept going? I will say it again if I must. ITS. EXPLOITABLE. It shouldn’t have a chance to join this game as it would annihilate the balance the game has, like I said on the first page, 6* iron man on your main? 6* Doom on your second account? BOOM! not exploitable at all.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

30 min a day in 2 weeks could be all of act 4 done from the beginning. Depends on where you're at.

I've been stuck on this same act for YEARS... doubt 30 min. a day is going to cut it with my current roster.
    And these 3*s are THE STRONGEST current Champs in my Roster too.

• Options
    PicoBp said:

You keep telling that someone will pay to get the good champs, that's why I asked.

BTW, Vision has double immunities and power control, pretty valuable champ at that level. And Scarlet Witch was like the best, game-breaking champ before her nerf, and is still a pretty good one - just a bit of a gamble. Poison, power drain/burn/lock, hard hitting specials, regeneration. You are sitting on some great champs without even knowing. OG Iron Man is one of the biggest memes of the game in comparison...

Ultimately proving my point... I don't play to win. I play to have fun with an Iron Man at my disposal.
    I'm a Unicorn.

• Options
    @AGSTROS how are you struggling as much as you are on act 3? Kabam have given out several thousands of 5* shards so you should have at least 1 5* by now. That is unless you’ve taken a break a several year break.
  • Options

How has this discussion kept going? I will say it again if I must. ITS. EXPLOITABLE. It shouldn’t have a chance to join this game as it would annihilate the balance the game has, like I said on the first page, 6* iron man on your main? 6* Doom on your second account? BOOM! not exploitable at all.

How has this discussion kept sympathizers from speaking up? I will say it again if I must. IT'S NOT EXPLOITABLE (already proven in previous comments using MY PATENTED Fair Trade Market System). The game balance would remain simply as before. 6* Iron Man on your main, 6* Doom on your 2nd... BOOM! When you made the trade, no NEW Champ was gained in either account. Not exploitable at all.
  • Options

@AGSTROS how are you struggling as much as you are on act 3? Kabam have given out several thousands of 5* shards so you should have at least 1 5* by now. That is unless you’ve taken a break a several year break.

You missed my very first post about how I was on hiatus (frustrated with this game) from 2017 to 2020.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    A rotten apple for a shiny new red apple. You still have a apple. Except one will get more rotten as time ages and the other will remain shiny as it ages. I used apples to explain my point.
  • Options
    AGSTROS said:

Crcrcrc said:

I've been stuck on this same act for YEARS... doubt 30 min. a day is going to cut it with my current roster.
    And these 3*s are THE STRONGEST current Champs in my Roster too.

And these were mine when I beat that Thanos. Yours are way better, 4 out of 5 are pretty capable champs. Just watch a few vids on YT how to do it.

This discussion has been closed.