**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Where is the 10% t5cc crystal for this month?

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,837 ★★★★★
Is it removed? Is it coming?

I hope it's not related to the EQ now as I am already 100% done with Cav difficulty and the side quest.

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    They said we'd be getting it another way
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Here’s the initial thread @Haji_Saab

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1548699#Comment_1548699

They said they were looking into it before they closed the thread. I’ve seen a few people allude to a possible new quest to obtain it, but I have no information on that.

If @will-o-wisp knows something, that would be news. At least some of us are holding off on a path in EQ to see what pans out.

My guess is that it’s in a special quest or in the calendar somewhere. But that’s just speculation.

Dr. Zola
    Any update on this one, game team? Did it get dropped this month? Just a little update would be nice...

Dr. Zola
  • DwightrowleyDwightrowley Posts: 21
    Cavaliers get jobbed again
  • Were not even half way through the month. If they drop a surprise quest it won't be one week later it'll be mid month.

Cavaliers got better than they did last year. They warned us all the gifts this month were progression based, after cyber weekend and the past stuff, you should have realised that cavaliers get 5* focused and throne gets 6* focused. Instead of hijacking every thread moaning about titleage, go get throne.

I'm TB< but there is no clear way...... I agree it is fairly RNG based.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Were not even half way through the month. If they drop a surprise quest it won't be one week later it'll be mid month.

Cavaliers got better than they did last year. They warned us all the gifts this month were progression based, after cyber weekend and the past stuff, you should have realised that cavaliers get 5* focused and throne gets 6* focused. Instead of hijacking every thread moaning about titleage, go get throne.

They should’ve announced this progression title in the roadmap instead of springing on us in the Fall, and they should’ve been clear about what it meant for cavalier players.

It would’ve affected July 4 purchases (probably in a way that makes Kabam more money tbh). It would’ve affected gameplay choices since then. And communicating on the front end would’ve avoided the outcry at the awful BF deals.

I don’t have an issue with progression-based gifts. It’s an appropriate way to handle such a massive game. The title should’ve been saved for 7.1, or the Black Friday offers should have mirrored the July 4 structure, or the communication should’ve happened in the summer in advance. Any one of those three. Sitting on the info then selling t5cc selectors for fifty bucks a pop once a week...yeesh.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yeah I need that information as well. I'm 4500 from completing a t5cc in about 3 classes so yeah we need to know.
    Christmas gift will be the 10%cc selector for Cav and 20 for TB.
    Haji_Saab said:

Holding off on 7.1 full explore because I want to see if I can get 10% mystic from this. That way I can use selector on mutant.

Are you still holding off? Or did you give up? Just curious...

Dr. Zola
    Haji_Saab said:

DrZola said:

Haji_Saab said:

Holding off on 7.1 full explore because I want to see if I can get 10% mystic from this. That way I can use selector on mutant.

Are you still holding off? Or did you give up? Just curious...

Dr. Zola
    Hah .. Doing last Abyss path .. then will jump into variant 6 ... so yeah still holding off.

I am hopeful that this wasn't just deleted because not enough people did it ... that was one of the best sources of t5cc for non spenders.
    The “looking into it” comment from
    Vydious suggests it wasn’t an oversight. She’s usually very forums friendly and would probably have come back if something wasn’t in the works. Just have to wait and see how it shows up...if it’s only on the TB calendar, that would be a sad thing.

Good luck!

Dr. Zola
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Come on kabam team
    Where is 10% t5cc

TyEdge said:

Were not even half way through the month. If they drop a surprise quest it won't be one week later it'll be mid month.

They should’ve announced this progression title in the roadmap instead of springing on us in the Fall, and they should’ve been clear about what it meant for cavalier players.

It would’ve affected July 4 purchases (probably in a way that makes Kabam more money tbh). It would’ve affected gameplay choices since then. And communicating on the front end would’ve avoided the outcry at the awful BF deals.

I don’t have an issue with progression-based gifts. It’s an appropriate way to handle such a massive game. The title should’ve been saved for 7.1, or the Black Friday offers should have mirrored the July 4 structure, or the communication should’ve happened in the summer in advance. Any one of those three. Sitting on the info then selling t5cc selectors for fifty bucks a pop once a week...yeesh.
    They did warn us ahead of time that we would get a new title. Plus, would that announcement have suddenly made you thronebreaker? Unlikely - you'd still have to do abyss or a fair amount of content.

The plan if I remember rightly was to release thronebreaker at 7.1 or 7.2, with the requirement for multiple R3s and possibly 100% abyss.. so if you prefer that, send your suggestion to kabam.. thats a lot harder to reach and will hurt a lot more players.

Kabam in announcements, thronebreaker deals and thronebreaker gifts - when did you think they'd introduce them? Of course first time we see them is on the biggest grossing day for them. They've made multiple announcements since saying stuff will be tailored towards progression, including thronebreaker.

You're making it seem as though you can only get T5CC through deals. Personally, I'm getting 97% per month without spending. Remove the thronebreaker side of it - 72% per month. Thats if you use almost all your glory from running map 7 every week. Yes, its RNG - I hadn't got a single naturally acquired skill T5CC unit last night.. after I picked a skill selector forming my first skill T5CC.

The game has always been this way, I don't know when you started playing, but you either pay to take a shortcut, grind out the hardest content ASAP.. or you have to play at you're own pace. Yes, for the most part it's nice being thronebreaker. But actually look at what we get for the effort, a nice daily crystal - I've had a few nice pulls, but for the most part it's T4CC / T2A.. 2k off a featured 6*, slightly better calendar and the chance to spend the majority of your glory on T5CC.

In January, we'll go back to the Cavalier only deals, which aren't really aimed at TB. There won't be the free gifts we're all getting atm, or the Cav / TB anniversary calendar. Next time we see a massive difference between Cav / TB after this month, which will start the argument up again, will be July 4th, and Summoner Appreciation Calendar if we get it next year.

I know it is annoying.. but they have given us warning, they've given us a chance - but to be honest, it is not meant to be easy to reach the top tier. To reach it, you need to be playing hard and pushing to be at the top, the resources are there, they're not hidden behind paywalls - the paywalls only exist as shortcuts, and take longer than it would to just do the content.

If they've introduced this, and are refusing to budge on it - I'd say be prepared for the next progression level to require at least 5 R3s, or maybe even an R4 depending on when its introduced.
    Whether you realize it or not, you’re getting monetized. TB is just a way to make some players feel better.

It’s not all behind a pay wall, but it can be bought. So make of that what you will.

Dr. Zola
    @DoubleDelta i won’t quote your whole post because I can’t stand enormous posts quoted and re-quoted.

My problem really centers around July 4 offers versus Black Friday offers, the timing of the TB announcement and the lack of communication.

The arc of this game has been consistently improving offers from holiday to holiday. If the July 4 offers were appropriate and available to all cavalier players, there was NO reason to expect them to go backwards, especially with the increased availability of 6-star shards and t5cc.

I don’t want to relitigate that fiasco. I’m on record stating that if Kabam had actually been transparent, I would’ve made different choices:

I would’ve bought 6-star offers instead of 5-star offers with units. I would’ve spent a little more cash on different unit deals to get more relevant resources. And if they hadn’t lied about nerfing 6.1 and 6.2, I would’ve used some of the summer to explore those.

I kept my credit card in my pocket and didn’t even buy the unit deals I saved up for. Now I’m sloppily cruising through content with hoarded items, making my way to Thronebreaker.

Holidays were the speed boosts on the Mario Kart track - you’re getting to the finish line but this is the exciting sprint forward. 5000 units wouldn’t even get you any t5 basic this time. Heck, they weren’t just worse than July 4, they were worse than 2019.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    My guess is it's in the Calendar.
  • LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    Patience