**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Honest review: Underrated or Overrated: GUILLOTINE 2099!!!!!

Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
Guillotine 2099 is has recently been called impractical and overrated. Today we are going the analyse this champion to see if she deserves her place as top 3 tech. She has one of the highest damage output in the entire game with good sustainability and unique utility.

Her most unique ability is that she does not have the ability to naturally crit unless you have a specific function active. While this may seem like a downside, the damage is compensated by equal degeneration damage, which is a rare DOT with specific immunity countering it. This may seem unnessesary, but this actually allows Guillotine 2099 to bypass nodes and fight Mr. Sinister and Scarlet witch and other champs that punish crits. This ability is niche but very valuable, with only Guardian having the same ability. Most of her abilities come from Digi-Souls. You start with two Digi-Souls and you gain them back every fight. You can consume them to activiate functions.

Huntress Function: 20th attack on the Combo meter is a critical hit. Tip: Using a special on the 20th hit makes the whole special crit. This is extra damage, but I don’t recommend it because the other functions provide more utility. BUT you should use this in the first fight as
the other functions require 100 hits to activate.

Stability Function: Above 100 hits, which means you need to have thrown a sp3 in the last fight, you can life steal 5% of damage dealt on a medium attack. This isn’t much, but combined with the Armor and Self Repair, the sustainability is solid.

Assault Function: This also triggers over 100 hits, and power drains 5% if the opponents max power, combined with her sp1, this makes her a great power controller.

I would NOT recommend you to use both your Digi-Soul unless its for a specific fight. Having at least one Digi-Soul increases her max combo Shield, the duration of her Digi Cloak, as well as the strength of her regeneration. Having at least 1 Soul gives you an armor buff as well, which makes her tankier and makes her a Havok counter.

Her main damage comes from her combo meter. Its actually not impractical at all to reach 100 hits. You just need to get to a sp3 and it’s a guaranteed kill at 5% hp. The only situation you can’t get to a sp3 is if you need to spam sp1 or there’s a node. Or… you kill them too fast. Its actually not that punishing to get hit to your combo meter. If you have at least 1 Digi-Soul, you have 4 combo shields to rely on, as well as the Digi Cloak, which gives you a chance to miss. Not to mention if you’re awakened, you get a automatic combo shield.

Her damage over 400 hits is UNPRECENDENTED. Because of the guaranteed energy damage, she has basically the damage if the Thing with 6 passive furies but every hit crits. That’s the damage we’re talking about. At 100 hits, it’s a modest 3x her base damage, which is already consistent other top tier champs.

Her utility makes her a sustainable power controller with unprecedented damage and a Havok counter, a Mr. Sinister counter and a counter to other nodes. Oh wait… not to mention her heal reversal and her double immunity. So… if anything Guillotine 2099 is a UNDERRATED champion.

Comments

• Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Rouger4 said:

This took a while guys

TRUE
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

WRIR said:

Rouger4 said:

Her most unique ability is that she does not have the ability to naturally crit unless you have a specific function active. ...This ability is niche but very valuable, with only Guardian having the same ability.

If talking about not criting, which I think you meant by mentioning Guardian, Crossbones also never crits. Cool post though.
    Fun fact: Doctor Doom has the ability to not crit on his special 2.

*Cries internally*
    uhh, yes he can crit on his sp2 lol not sure what u mean.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

WRIR said:

WRIR said:

Rouger4 said:

Her most unique ability is that she does not have the ability to naturally crit unless you have a specific function active. ...This ability is niche but very valuable, with only Guardian having the same ability.

If talking about not criting, which I think you meant by mentioning Guardian, Crossbones also never crits. Cool post though.
    Fun fact: Doctor Doom has the ability to not crit on his special 2.

*Cries internally*
    I mean, at least you have a Doom.

*Cries externally*
    Ma boy, your luck for Doctor Doom will come
    Thanks! IDK if its luck though. I have tried

- the prerelease package
    - cavalier crystals
    - 5 star featured with doom
    - (Missed the 6 star featured, not gud enough)
    - The Incursion crystals when he existed
    - Every dual class crystal (except that 1 month when I went for mutants) since its release

No doom! Money spent. Time spent. All my shards spent. But I like Doom too much to quit.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Is there anybody in the game that can match HB 's heavies ? Apart from Colossus ?
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    What for damage or unreliability? 😂

Damage, what we talking at r5, 20-30k crit range?

I usually concentrating too much on them missing to really notice the numbers.

If so warlock, Hyperion, night thrasher, she hulk, domino all hit in that range and above from my r5s. Maybe aegon, and g99 ramped enough. Cull has got to be up there but I don’t use him.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Good post.