**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cost/Benefit Analysis of Rushing to Thronebreaker

After seeing the latest calendar, I think there is a pretty strong argument now that anyone that can rank up a R3, should probably rush to do so. Even if it's a lousy champion you will never use. You just have to bite the bullet and treat it as an investment to get into the club.

Yes, it absolutely sucks to waste a T5CC like that, but the benefits are starting to add up quickly. First, consider this-- Every month you are TB, you get access to:

4x5% T5CC from glory
1x5% T5CC from calendar
0-2x 5% T5CC from daily crystal (depending on your luck, maybe more)

So we're talking 25-35% of a T5CC every month, as a baseline T5CC gain just for being TB.

Now consider this-- How many months do you think it will take for you to pull the god-tier 6* you want that also matches your T5CC?

If your answer is more than 4 months, you're already in the negative T5CC-wise. You might not have spent the one in your inventory, but you still lost one regardless.

And this is just the baseline. We haven't even talked about the progression based-rewards like the two calendars and two gifts from this month. Nor have we considered the other 27+ days of daily crystals and monthly calendar rewards.

So with all this in mind, I think if you're cavalier and don't have a steady source of T5CC (e.g. AQ7), you should strongly consider completing abyss and treating the T5CC you get as a ticket to become TB. You'll make it back in 4 months at most (probably sooner).

Comments

• Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Interesting analysis. Right now I’m sitting on a cosmic t5cc with Heimdall and Phoenix as my only cosmic 6 stars. I would rather take someone like Corvus, cmm, or cgr to rank 3 but I never really thought about the thronebreaker dilemma like that.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Just wish I had an Aegon to get that T5CC from Abyss.. :( Good breakdown though!
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Very well written.
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★

Edeuink said:

Interesting analysis. Right now I’m sitting on a cosmic t5cc with Heimdall and Phoenix as my only cosmic 6 stars. I would rather take someone like Corvus, cmm, or cgr to rank 3 but I never really thought about the thronebreaker dilemma like that.

I’d take Phoenix to R3 easy. At least her prestige is good.
    Not when she’s unawakened😕
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Edeuink said:

Edeuink said:

I’d take Phoenix to R3 easy. At least her prestige is good.
    Not when she’s unawakened😕
    I would go Heimdall tbh. He’s a synergy champ, but at r3 he could hit hard enough to make it a no-brained to have him on your questing team. Not to mention he has permanent true strike and projectile parries.
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Should I r3 emma? Dont know much about her, but I got a mutant t5cc from abyss
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Xva23 said:

Should I r3 emma? Dont know much about her, but I got a mutant t5cc from abyss

Emma is a very good choice for a first r3. She’s got immunity to almost everything and really solid damage.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Nocko said:

Really good breakdown
    I took an unduped NF to r3 to be TB early on, mostly so id have access to the best sales on cyber weekend but a smaller part of it was this type of thinking where i thought long term being TB will be beneficial

Now thats easy for me to say, i had NF, who even unduped is awesome and useful as a R3 champ, but will be amazing when duped (which i achieved in the sales) so it was straight forward to me

Yup, the NF rankup was a no brainer since Kabam have shown they're willing to push out 6* AGs. And he's a champ completely transformed with Sig 1.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Clyneva said:

I don't have enough data to make any solid statement about the drop odds yet, but I can tell you that as of today, I have pulled T5CC fragments three times out of 56 crystals. That's a drop rate of about one every 19 days. If the drop rate is 5%, then that equates to about 15% T5CC per month.

That number has *huge* error bars right now, so I wouldn't take that as gospel on the drop rate. But it is higher than I would have guessed before I started tracking. I don't think it is high enough to convince me that a player should rank up *anything* to reach TB, but it is high enough that I think players shouldn't be excessively picky about it either. Any champ that is useful in general, even if not the best, should probably be considered. Especially if you are a strong enough player that you can consistently complete all the Cavalier stuff, EQ, side quests, and any Cav challenges that materialize. The net overall earning rate will replace the burned T5CC on a timescale of months.

One thing to consider is this is a long term strategy. You can earn 100% of a T5CC relatively quickly as a Thronebreaker, but it will be randomly spread out among six classes. It'll take roughly six times longer to *form* a T5CC to replace the one you spend, and that could be a long time down the road. But of course, soon after forming that one randomly, the other classes are likely to be close, and the next few will come much faster.
    3 times outa the daily? Wow! I’m at 0, you have the most of anyone i’ve heard. Also, the glory value for t5c is horrible, i didn’t even give it a second thought, treat it as though it doesn’t exist
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Clyneva said:

I don't have enough data to make any solid statement about the drop odds yet, but I can tell you that as of today, I have pulled T5CC fragments three times out of 56 crystals. That's a drop rate of about one every 19 days. If the drop rate is 5%, then that equates to about 15% T5CC per month.

That number has *huge* error bars right now, so I wouldn't take that as gospel on the drop rate. But it is higher than I would have guessed before I started tracking. I don't think it is high enough to convince me that a player should rank up *anything* to reach TB, but it is high enough that I think players shouldn't be excessively picky about it either. Any champ that is useful in general, even if not the best, should probably be considered. Especially if you are a strong enough player that you can consistently complete all the Cavalier stuff, EQ, side quests, and any Cav challenges that materialize. The net overall earning rate will replace the burned T5CC on a timescale of months.

One thing to consider is this is a long term strategy. You can earn 100% of a T5CC relatively quickly as a Thronebreaker, but it will be randomly spread out among six classes. It'll take roughly six times longer to *form* a T5CC to replace the one you spend, and that could be a long time down the road. But of course, soon after forming that one randomly, the other classes are likely to be close, and the next few will come much faster.
    3 times outa the daily? Wow! I’m at 0, you have the most of anyone i’ve heard. Also, the glory value for t5c is horrible, i didn’t even give it a second thought, treat it as though it doesn’t exist
    56 crystals is not a large sample size, so it’s possible my numbers are not representative. And even if they are, different players will still see widely different amounts in the short term. But it seemed to be a large enough sample to report what I was getting for the purposes of making a very rough guess at what people might expect on average. Of course, random chance means different people will get differing amounts on short time scales, and that should also factor into people’s decisions. A bad luck streak is always possible that would temporarily slow down your T5CC acquisition. That’s a risk players have to decide for themselves whether to take.