**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

MAGIK in AW HAS TO BE CHANGED!!

As an AW boss magik’s limbo can not be countered. Plus you have allowed her Limbo damage to scale up with her nodes, thus allowing her a HUGE atvantage bc her Limbo kills a full health r3 5* in 3 procs. I personally just died in my war, without being hit by magik, only getting 18 hits in before the 3rd limbo just killed me. I was using R3 5* magik. Because of mystic dispersion I wasn’t even able to get a sp2 before dying. “SO FUN AND INTERACTIVE!” I thought this was not allowed to scale just like regen was no longer scalable?! Alliance Wars are just such a terrible thing now because I believe you guys have absolutely lied to us about this being beta tested! There is no way this system was actually tested by real players not working for kabam because there is NO WAY any one would say this is a good way to play. You guys just constantly screw up over and over and yet you you expect us to stick around forever. Soon you will both be left with nothing but a shell of a game and wondering “what happened? I just tried to cheat and lie to everybody.”

#wakeupandfixthisbeforewestrikeAGAIN!

Comments

• Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    No. Apparently, you dont know what power control is, or how to use AA. Youtube is flooded with videos in how to counter Magik.
  • Options
    HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    There are so many champs that counter majik now-a-days.... think you need to polish up those skills and git gud
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Yeah... you know.. except all those champions who counter Magik.

Like... Psylocke, Guillotine, Archangel, Dr. Voodoo..

Even Green Goblin can counter her after he has a Cunning charge.

Magik is good, but don't act like she is game breaking. By comparison of some of the newer released champions she's not the strongest or the worst to deal with.
  • Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    This is why we have diversity folks. Because of the personal problems that can be easily fixed, not game breaking ones, actual personal problems that don't affect the game, just those players who can't counter certain champs.
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Magik went from being laughed at to the most feared lol
  • Options
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Magik went from being laughed at to the most feared lol

It's freaking awesome lol.
  • Options
    Welp one guy cried so here comes double diversity.
  • Options
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Welp one guy cried so here comes double diversity.
    Try quadruple diversity 0.o. kabam wants to lower the complaints by 4x, boom.
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    You died vs a Magik.. with Magik? Stop proccing dex and power lock her, easy as pie
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Quake is a good counter if you know how to use her
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Dormammu also gets the job done pretty well. There are plenty of counters to limbo, power control, ability accuracy reduction, even mordo with energy resistance when blocking (assuming that he’s duped).
  • Options
    @Svain definitely, only time she could be less effective is mostly on the boss node since they usually have true strike, turns off quakes evade.

• Options
    kid can't play power lock or aa will take her
  • Options
    Incompetence has ruined war, all these personal problems and not the games problem have ruined war. People not being able to understand the word practice, it's like it doesn't exist. Everything has a counter, not everyone wants to get good or work. That's how us folks got diversity slapped on our face with a side of hot sauce.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    As an AW boss magik’s limbo can not be countered. Plus you have allowed her Limbo damage to scale up with her nodes, thus allowing her a HUGE atvantage bc her Limbo kills a full health r3 5* in 3 procs. I personally just died in my war, without being hit by magik, only getting 18 hits in before the 3rd limbo just killed me. I was using R3 5* magik. Because of mystic dispersion I wasn’t even able to get a sp2 before dying. “SO FUN AND INTERACTIVE!” I thought this was not allowed to scale just like regen was no longer scalable?! Alliance Wars are just such a terrible thing now because I believe you guys have absolutely lied to us about this being beta tested! There is no way this system was actually tested by real players not working for kabam because there is NO WAY any one would say this is a good way to play. You guys just constantly screw up over and over and yet you you expect us to stick around forever. Soon you will both be left with nothing but a shell of a game and wondering “what happened? I just tried to cheat and lie to everybody.”

#wakeupandfixthisbeforewestrikeAGAIN!

Soloed a magik boss r4, 5* with 5/5 MD today using exactly the same. R4 magik. Their boss got 0 KOs

Move along. Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    You all missed the point lol. I guess my rant didn’t quite paint the picture I wanted. The point is if we continue to allow kabam to create abilities that cause damage and that damage have no counter to completely stop it, it will lead us down a dangerous road for future content. Limbo damage has no counter. Cold snap damage has no counter (until Mephisto apparently) There is no Limbo Immunity like bleed or poison. Check out the pic. 3 limbos killed my full health r3 magik before I could get a sp2 to power lock. Nothing I could do to stop the damage from limbo. No pacify bc she’s immune. With MD 5/5 she proc 3 limbos before I could even get enough power. Granted my Magik is not awakened and that would have helped “if” she proc limbo herself. Just a simple observation from a player who’s been around since March 2015. My game skills are just fine by the way, and for those that instantly throw shade it obviously speaks volumes to your own game play lol. I only have LOL to be done with everything in this game. I am a veteran player who created a strong alliance and decided one day to rant on the forums after dying without being hit in AW. We should all try to elevate the discourse if you want to be taken seriously. Good luck to you guys and hope to see you in War sometime. My name is the same in game and love a good hard fought war
  • Options
    There are no "good, hard fought wars" anymore lol.
  • Options
    You really don't seem like a veteran player, if you have a magik vs a magik.... you should be fine.
  • Options
    But yeah, as pointed out by many, there are ways to deal with limbo. If an unduped Magik is your best champ vs a Magik, then it'll be tough.
  • Options
    She was doing 600 limbo? Are you kidding me dude? Gtfo. A r3 5* magik can solo her when she was doing 800+ per tic in pre-change war smh.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Well, I hate Magik as a boss, but only because of the dexterity and MD interaction. Still, I'm the only one in my BG who is capable of dishing out at least 50% of her health without using potions with my 4* Gwenpool and 4* Magik.

Though, it's not as simple as what people make it out to be. People can tell you "Oh, just use Archangel and Magik" but it doesn't stop there. You need some impressive intercepting skills, probably on the level of The Analyser.

Firstly, you need very high to full health at the start of the fight so that you can take a bit of block damage and most importantly, the limbo, because you are most likely going to proc it at least once before power control or ability accuracy does its thing.

When it comes to baiting, try your best to do a shallow evade, which is basically a dash back that doesn't trigger dexterity. It can be hard to pull off at times, and you'll most likely trigger dexterity accidentally once or twice.Because of this, try and start baiting when she has one bar of power so you got quite a decent room for mistakes.

Then, when your abilities are ready to counter her (ie Magik reaching 2 bars, or Gwenpool reaching 50 hits, or Archangel finally inflicting neurotoxin, etc.), you have to avoid taking block damage because that is really going to hurt. Preferably at this moment, you have already cornered her to the wall which gives you a somewhat good advantage in intercepting since it eliminates any option for her to dash back. From this point on, you just try and survive as long as you can and keep on intercepting and using specials.

Honestly though, she's just really annoying to fight since it is so easy to screw up, and for a person with very average fighting skills, probably can only take out <10k health each fight. I just hope they do something about MD and dexterity.
  • Options
    @UnsaferBinkie7 you talk so much nonsense on here lol. No she can’t. Not before and not now. You ignorance is immense. You say things yet provide no details on how or show any examples. I showed you how magik did not work and could not power lock. Limbo at 665 a tick causes almost 4K damage each time. Get that three times plus the block damage needed to draw a heavy out when you can’t intercept means death without being actually hit.

See those are called facts and logic. Try responding with something along those lines if you want any credibility. Man I wish we could head to head. Would love to see YOUR AMAZING GOD TIER skills in action lol!
  • Options
    Even the Analyzer could only get her down half way running a perfect run and where limbo didn’t proc everytime on the boss. Your comments are a joke my friend. Best of luck to you though.
  • Options
    My ignorance? I've easily solo'd md magiks with my r3 5* one on boss nodes before the change. Your lacking bro, lacking.
  • Options
    If you know how to intercept than it shouldn't be a big complaint on these forums bud. Here's a tip for you, if you can't get enough power easily, you might aswell hit her when she's on limbo for extra power. Once you hit an l2, it's pretty much game over from there man smh.
  • Options
    My comments are a joke because you can't handle the truth, whatever man lol. Even the Analyzer has his off days.
  • Options
    Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    @UnsaferBinkie7 you talk so much nonsense on here lol. No she can’t. Not before and not now. You ignorance is immense. You say things yet provide no details on how or show any examples. I showed you how magik did not work and could not power lock. Limbo at 665 a tick causes almost 4K damage each time. Get that three times plus the block damage needed to draw a heavy out when you can’t intercept means death without being actually hit.

See those are called facts and logic. Try responding with something along those lines if you want any credibility. Man I wish we could head to head. Would love to see YOUR AMAZING GOD TIER skills in action lol!

Look dude just chill. lol Everyone is giving you answers and if you don't want to take them that's fine. but you don't have to be a jerk. If you don't want peoples opinions (Even when you asked for them) then you can just leave. Don't Join a global server if you expect people to be jerks like your being right now. expect the best in people. their just trying to give you answers.
  • Options
    HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    This is the exact reason we’re stuck in this current war debacle, people are so used to being given the easy way out that they’re not willing to work or learn how to counter certain champs even when kabam designs champs that DIRECTLY counter “problem” champs...
  • Options
    Huluhula wrote: »
    This is the exact reason we’re stuck in this current war debacle, people are so used to being given the easy way out that they’re not willing to work or learn how to counter certain champs even when kabam designs champs that DIRECTLY counter “problem” champs...
    EXACTLY. Hard work pays off dammit.