**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost vs Warlock

GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Both 6 stars duped, which one is actually more valuable?

Ghost is all damage and I'm not sure how much increases at r3. Warlock is all utility and his damage should improve plus doesnt need synergies.

Which one do you think is the best r3 option and why?

Ghost vs Warlock 91 votes

Ghost
78%
DrOctavius2_2PalanthraxXxicylovexXSungjAb_Samad16wegnerkDolanFaisaljavedBuckyBruhThe_Blue_JaguarDaphboyPrylankRockypantherxKill_GreyKaratemike415-sixate-EtjamaTiger360dot_dittoDonDudu2809 71 votes
Warlock
21%
SnakeEyes69SIlverProfessorOsfan8Rbk19Broken10or_StrongStarKillerVIIAleorDeaconHaveinchbutLegionnaireNazgul_WarriorLucifer_2099NockoSoar2878Charlie21540CowabungaGoldenMeow2500Albert97Licky 20 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Easily
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Ghost is one billion percent not all damage, and for someone who has them and is considering taking them to r3, im not sure why you think that. Ghost woulda be cancelled like domino if she was all damage. Same for warlock, not damage focused, but he has C H O N K Y heavies
  • Options

"ghost is all damage" yes converting debuffst to massive furies, tanking sp3s and passive DOT is not utility at all

Ghost is better than warlock and one of the most valuable champions to have in the game, she is a beast and will carry you through a ton of content.

I totally agree with you.

I have everything 100% but abyss and I had awful 5tcc luck. Right now I have havok, corvus, sasquatch and stealthy as r3. I have a mystic catalyst waiting for doom or claire, and after so long today i finally formed the tech one, that's why I'm overthinking this rank up
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Do you have either ranked as 5*?
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I think Ghost may be the better champion, but I think Warlock benefits most from the R3 with the damage upgrade that comes along with it. Once I 100% 7.1 I’ll be in the same boat as you, while also having to consider G2099. It’s going to be extremely tough between those 3
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Etm34 said:

I think Ghost may be the better champion, but I think Warlock benefits most from the R3 with the damage upgrade that comes along with it. Once I 100% 7.1 I’ll be in the same boat as you, while also having to consider G2099. It’s going to be extremely tough between those 3

Dude you have all 3 as 6*s, wtf
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Ghost
    Unblockable specials all crits, evade counter, taking no damage from special 3’s, phasing undexable specials, Converting buffs to furies, all whilst gaining power if you have her awakened
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Ghost is quite evidently the better champion. Her kit does not only consist of damage, she also has an overwhelming amount of utility that's gotten her status to as high as it is.

I guess an argument could be made that Warlock would "benefit" more from the higher rank to up his damage, but still, I would go with Ghost.
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Ghost
    This was a close one for me personally....but since i got that ghost from cyber weekend opening, ive been playing her more and .......GOOD LORD do i love her now

Had to really compare both 6* with each other, but at the end of the day it just had to be her
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    I know Ghost is OP ive seen her in action before but dont you have to carry some synergys to make her useful
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Gardener said:

I know Ghost is OP ive seen her in action before but dont you have to carry some synergys to make her useful

Nope, she's still got all her usefulness alone, just requires a bit more skill. The Hood synergy is the only one that's really "important".
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Sounds like you would prefer warlock, so why start this thread?
    Ghost is good, but if don't like her, you are not forced to rank her up. There are some fights warlock can do that ghost can't.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Ghost doesn't need synergies, but she does need awakened and a high sig to get to those sp2's faster. Her playstyle isn't for everyone. Warlock is the king of utility.
  • Options
    Ghost
    Kill_Grey said:

Etm34 said:

Dude you have all 3 as 6*s, wtf
    I have 2 of the 3 😎
  • Options
    Ghost
    Gardener said:

not at all. wasp is mainly only useful if you need to slap on a tech boost and cycle specials. otherwise, it's easy to get specials off. hood is usually not needed, but can be very good for certain scenarios
  • Options
    AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    Ghost
    Very tough decisions although I believe Karatemike has proved how useful a r3 Ghost can be for almost any gamemode. Although, Warlock should be your next Tech r3.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    I haven’t read all the comments and I assume people have said this but I’d just like to say you have not played enough or aren’t paying attention enough if you think ghost is all damage. She is the only character who can take any dot effect and remove it practically instantly. This gives her so much utility. Her synergies also give her a bunch more utility especially the hood synergy. Warlock is good but no where close to ghost.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for taking time to answer.

To clarify I do have a r5 sig 200 5 stars ghost, and I think that I'm above the avergare using her, hell she was the key on many of my content exploration.

Is not that I prefer Warlock directly, is just that the only content I'm missing is 100% abyss, anything else I have totally explored so right now I'm focusing on prestige and making my account "ready" for whatever comes next, maybe a year ago I wouldn't even considered Warlock.

So I'm hesitating a lot on this, I know that the next tech would be the other one so the doubt is real.

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Ghost
    Warlock is a great champ, but compared to the legitimately “broken” Ghost is lacking a lot 😉
  • Options
    DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Ghost
    Ghost is great
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    What if both were unduped?
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I love my R3 Warlock but when I got ghost and started figuring her out, she can do things no other champ can do. She is a skill based champ that needs learning. Warlock is more ready out of the box.
  • Options

Ghost is bad.

Hey dude, I r3 my stealthy thanks to you.

I can't make up my mind about this lol.