**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Luke Cage sig ability vs variant 6

BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
I wonder if you can tank the unavoidable damage from v6 global by triggering Luke Cage’s indestructible. If so, he’d be the best counter since he’d be immortal given that the global mentions that non-villains don’t take any damage and do double the damage

Comments

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Idk. It says the degen is unavoidable. We’ll have to see. I’d imagine it’ll bypass indestructible and Corvus’s immunity otherwise you’d have champs like Captain Sparkles, Luke Cage, Corvus, Man-Thing, and Namor would simply destroy the content.

idk man seems exactly like one the things that Namor's sig was built to counter
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Would Heimdall work?
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

Would Heimdall work?

No one knows for sure. It's unavoidable direct damage. We don't know if Indestructible will prevent it.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Try using a dictionary.

Unavoidable: not able to be avoided, prevented, or ignored; inevitable.

Knowing Kabam coding there might be a way around it, but if so it will be considered Unintentional/bugged and if you take advantage of that bug then they can take actions on your account.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    I’m guessing no. As owner of a R2 L40-something Cage, it doesn’t seem like something Indestructible would be able to avoid. Also, if it triggers more than once (possible), then even if Indestructible works the initial time, it won’t work thereafter (until the ability refreshes).

I would focus on #villains. I believe that’s where the most opportunity exists, and those champs are likely worth a rankup. Some are surprising (Red Cyke, for example). I hear he’s going to be super-super effective in this Variant.

Dr. Zola
  • Try using a dictionary.

Unavoidable: not able to be avoided, prevented, or ignored; inevitable.

Knowing Kabam coding there might be a way around it, but if so it will be considered Unintentional/bugged and if you take advantage of that bug then they can take actions on your account.

KO is inevitable.... unless you have corvus glaive charges....
    Real world rationalizations cannot be applied to Kabam content.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I wouldn't be shocked if Indestructible or Corvus would be able to survive the damage but I would assume that they are at least smart enough to code it to apply multiple ticks of damage after it kicks in. So champs like Luke Cage and Sparkles might be able to extend their life by a little but still likely won't be feasible options. Corvus however might be an interesting option but you still have to make sure you can get them down in 20 charges. Namor is also interesting but unless you can manipulate a fight with absolute perfect timing every time I think you'll have a rough time trying with him.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    People are so desperate to find a use for Corvus in variants they're willing to fight at 1% health and power locked the entire fight. I'm amazed...
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Idk. It says the degen is unavoidable. We’ll have to see. I’d imagine it’ll bypass indestructible and Corvus’s immunity otherwise you’d have champs like Captain Sparkles, Luke Cage, Corvus, Man-Thing, and Namor would simply destroy the content.

namor especially
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

People are so desperate to find a use for Corvus in variants they're willing to fight at 1% health and power locked the entire fight. I'm amazed...

well you get a 100% attack bonus, so yeah

The 100% attack boost isn't anywhere near enough to compensate for fighting at 1% and power locked, one touch and you're dead. For the first fight especially you'd be pretty much just trying to get the opponent to block for more than half the fight. Most lanes you'd be lucky to have the chance to get 2 charges.

I thought this was the reason people found Invisible Woman and Immortal Hulk impractical. At least those two can still throw special attacks for a breather and make openings.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

The 100% attack boost isn't anywhere near enough to compensate for fighting at 1% and power locked, one touch and you're dead. For the first fight especially you'd be pretty much just trying to get the opponent to block for more than half the fight. Most lanes you'd be lucky to have the chance to get 2 charges.

I thought this was the reason people found Invisible Woman and Immortal Hulk impractical. At least those two can still throw special attacks for a breather and make openings.
    It also says you won’t take any damage from any sources, so being at 1% won’t matter

It also says you won’t take any damage from any sources, so being at 1% won’t matter
    It does because you get touched or mistimed a parry and that's 4-8 charges gone right there. You're fighting with no more than 1 hp
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

But you won't take any damage in the first place so it won’t matter if you are at 1% or 100%

But you won't take any damage in the first place so it won’t matter if you are at 1% or 100%
    You're expending glaive charges to do damage, without an Sp2 you're not finishing variant health pools without trying to force the opponent into a blocking stance for a good portion of the fight. You mistime a parry or fail an intercept and you're either looking at all your glaive charges disappearing or losing a good chunk depending on how good you are at reparrying. The tactic is so impractical its astounding how people are even considering it.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    If anyone is still wondering, the node has been tweaked so that you're constantly taking damage every half second rather than a big chunk all at once. Works just like any other DOT in the game. Safeguards like Corvus Glaives or Nick Fury's LMD don't appear to do anything to prevent dying, maybe at best are letting you survive an extra tick or so. Haven't tested Indestructible yet but at best it's still only saving you a few seconds. Seeing as how 2 Star Rhino can cheese certain paths, just use a Villain lol