**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will kabam show any love for OG Doctor strange?

LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
I just got him as 6* and he is pathetic, i have been this game since the beginning, when game was initially available on play store. I used to play with DS regularly, i just tried his 6* version and he is pathetic. Hopefully he will get some love.

Comments

• Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Oh boy hop on the boat with the rest of us who miss pre12.0 Doctors strange

He got me through Real of Legends with that dumb crazy block proficiency team with SW and Blackbolt

But there’s Sor Supreme and Sym Suprem.

I dont think if he was like the way he was before it’d be game breaking(except his regen. i think actually understand the regen, but everything else whaaat)
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    I would love that, he's one of my favourite Marvel characters. I remember back in 2016 when my friend pulled a 4* Doc Strange and I was so jealous lol
  • Options
    LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

Doctor strange reverted to pre 12.0 state, I doubt he would make it to top5 mystics. A good regen and pretty much minimal utility.
    Take a look at SW as 5*.
    Kabam was protesting for a long time that her 5* release would break the game.
    No serious player would rank her as a top mystic anymore.
    Even SW pre 12.0 wouldn’t be as good as Doom f.e.
    Why? Because Doom would still more reliable, compare to the rng based SW. High end content demands reliable champs, not champs that you will expect rng to kick in to save you.
    Anyway, DS and SW are mostly champs people are after because of nostalgia and not because they are top champs.

Giving them buff will definable make large section of community very happy, in fact there many champs like Black bolt and iron man who requires buff.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    Lordabck said:

Greekhit said:

Doctor strange reverted to pre 12.0 state, I doubt he would make it to top5 mystics. A good regen and pretty much minimal utility.
    Take a look at SW as 5*.
    Kabam was protesting for a long time that her 5* release would break the game.
    No serious player would rank her as a top mystic anymore.
    Even SW pre 12.0 wouldn’t be as good as Doom f.e.
    Why? Because Doom would still more reliable, compare to the rng based SW. High end content demands reliable champs, not champs that you will expect rng to kick in to save you.
    Anyway, DS and SW are mostly champs people are after because of nostalgia and not because they are top champs.

Giving them buff will definable make large section of community very happy, in fact there many champs like Black bolt and iron man who requires buff.
    BB was technically soft buffed years ago. They removed his sp2 self damage and changed his sig too I believe.
  • Options
    Bgchow13Bgchow13 Posts: 39
    When, not if, a Doctor Strange update is announced he deserves more than being restored to the pre-12.0 update. The way The Contest has progressed since then he needs a true overhaul to give him a range of abilities that fit his character from the comics and the MCU. Both mediums have shown that Doctor Strange is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe and that should be reflected in The Contest of Champions.

Signature Ability - Counterspell
    The Sorcerer Supreme automatically counters enemy Status Effects with beneficial countermagic and dispels damaging injuries placed on him. Spell effectiveness: #% (Essentially removes positive buffs on his opponents and damaging debuffs on himself.)

Passive
    Doctor Stephen Strange invokes three Vishanti blessings to aid him in battle every 7 seconds, stacking to a maximum of 7 per blessing.

Enemy attempts to nullify these blessings are reflected and deal # Energy Damage.

Cloak of Levitation
    The Cloak of Levitation Auto Blocks incoming attacks on behalf of the Sorcerer Supreme. These blocks have +# Block Proficiency and have a #% chance of activating during normal combat and a ++#% activing when Doctor Strange is stunned. This Auto-Block triggers the Parry mastery.

Eye of Agamotto
    Once per fight Doctor Strange can dash backward and hold block for # seconds to activate the Eye of Agamotto. The activation of this artifact lasts for # seconds and all health and energy levels are restored to where they were prior to its activation. While the Eye of Agamatto is activated the wearer cannot be knocked out.

Special 2: Faltinian Triplicate - Dr. Strange orchestrates three Flames of the Faltines in a fiery symphony dealing # incinerate damage for # seconds.

Expand Synergies to include Dormammu (Most Terrible Foe), Ebony Maw (Stonekeeper)
  • Options
    DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
    Lordabck said:

I just got him as 6* and he is pathetic, i have been this game since the beginning, when game was initially available on play store. I used to play with DS regularly, i just tried his 6* version and he is pathetic. Hopefully he will get some love.

You are so right! He just needs prowess! I have him 6star rank 3. He is incredible in cavalier difficulty on the mystic paths. Because he gets the prowess when nullifying. If he had prowess and power drain in his base kit he would be amazing.