**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

100% Abyss - Lessons from the runs

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,837 ★★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
I finally did it! AoL is 100% explored ... Even though I was advised not to go for the skill class crystal, I still went for it and got the only champ I desired from it : Mr Nicholas Fury. So bear in mind, the run below is without Nick Fury.

In the end, I really enjoyed the fights that I could solo. 1 revive fights were fine but multiple revive fights quickly became mentally exhausting (I am looking at you Green Goblin :urgh: ). Also, I did 1 run without Aegon and the rest with Aegon. The difference is about 2500 units per run. And all that difference comes from one fight i.e. the Collector. if you have Corvus (which I didn't on my first run), you can reduce this gap to 1000-1500 units.

Before this content becomes a blur, I thought I just write down some things that I picked up while planning and doing the runs.

First of all - the solo list - these are the fights that I was able to get a solo or nearly had it and only failed due to lack of concentration:

Soloes - Bishop (doom), CMM (doom), Cull (MS), Darkhawk (HT), Deadpool (HT), Dormammu (HT), Ghost (Mags), Ghost Rider (HT), IMIW (HT), Mephisto (HT), MODOK (Mags), Mordo (HT), Morningstar (HT), OML (HT), Omega Red (Mags)

Near soloes - Invisible woman (ht), Aegon (ms), Killmonger (mags), Loki, Mr Sinister (HT),

1/2 revive fights that I still cruised through - Cable (Mags), Cyclops (HT), Hyperion, Champion, Medusa (doom), Karnak (Aegon), Quake (Aegon), Symb Supereme (HT), Thor Rags (Mags), YJ (Mags), VtD (MS, not so much fun with doom)

Now, here were the problem fights for me:

1. Green Goblin - this was the worst fight for me. I went in with Magneto for this fight and the plan for to get him in somewhere between 5-10 revives. It ended up much more than that. And it was soooo slow. You will have a better time with Nick Fury and also if you know how to fully dex his attacks as the block damage really adds up. Magneto does not reverse the Abyss class disadvantage node so if his perfect block doesn't proc, the damage is huge.

2. Luke Cage - I used Ghost for him. The last run was the best with 6 revives. One run it was really bad because I was trying fancy stuff on him and it just backfired big time. If you are adept user of She Hulk or can endure a 1400 hits fight with Stealthy, go for it.

3. Hood - Baiting sp1 was tough on him as he has the sp2/3 node on him. And to also time the debuffs correctly was challenging .Adding to that my Aegon wasn't ramped up,

Plans that worked out for me:

1. Gulk last phase - Human Torch is great for first and the second phase as well. Although I had Magneto for second phase but HT was doing very well as well.
2. Cable, Thor Rags, Yellow Jacket and Modok - I had seen many videos of Aegon using unitman to down these guys. Cable sp1 change meant that HT was also struggling against him but in stepped Magneto and took all these fights like a boss. You will need to learn re-parry for Yellow Jacket fight though.
3. Red Skull - Corvus was great for him. Not solo for anything but quicker than Doom and Aegon.

Finally, my teams for each path were:

Path 3 up to Champion then path 1: HT, MS, Ghost, Havok, AA
Path 1 up to Champion then path 3: Aegon, Doom, HT, Ronan, Colossus
Path 2: Aegon, Doom, HT, Mags, Ghost
Path 5: Aegon, Doom, HT, Corvus, Mags
Path 4: Aegon, Doom, Mags, HT, Ghost

Any questions about a specific fight? Fire away.

P.S. my last purchase was in Feb 2016, ftp since then. Runs were mostly funded by free revives from daily events and compensations and Colossus bashing WS for pots plus poutine.

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Congrats on getting nick
  • Options
    Interesting. A plan that worked out for me on GG was mrF. GG and pun99 were a breeze, you take no damage from their specials if you weaken with mrF. Just a tip for those planning those paths.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Interesting. A plan that worked out for me on GG was mrF. GG and pun99 were a breeze, you take no damage from their specials if you weaken with mrF. Just a tip for those planning those paths.

That is cool. Never thought of it.
    yep it was a gamble. MrF makes darkhawk a breeze for me, and makes doom hit a little harder so i decided to bring him over mags for path2. And it worked.
    My alliance mate mimicked me, and he got incredibly lucky when the collector did not shrug off the careful study actives, and converted it to a passive! Made collector fight so cheap for him.