**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 5*s imbalance! Stronger get stronger! Weaker can't catch up!

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
Kabam is yet again doing something without thinking 1 step ahead.

The introduction of the new 5*s is something that I actually like. Although it would be near impossible for me to dupe my SL now but still like the addition of all those new 5*s.
Now my problem is that with the introduction of so many new 5* it will cause a major imbalance in various aspects of the game .
For example:

1. featured arena. Remember when the different arenas for basic and featured were created in order to lower the cutoffs? Well, even though it did help a bit in the case of new featured champs lowering the cutoffs for basics, but when the featured was an old champ it actually drove the basic cutoffs higher. We all know the math so I'll move on.
The problem is that in featured arena we can use 5* which give you a lot more points and right now the players with A LOT of 5*s are the top players because they are in the position of being able to get more shards. But they were still limited because they only had a few 5* to use up until now. But now with so many new 5*s they will end up with so many more 5*s allowing them to drive the scores WAY higher for players with only a few 5*s.

2. Alliance Wars will also be a problem for players without access to so many 5*s for the exact same reason as listed above.

3. 4* will become obsolete because it will not be worth ranking them over 5*

My solution is to lower the cost of 5* basic crystals to 5000 shards and featured to 10000 and make 5* shards part of milestones rewards in arenas and in alliance and solo events. Even though I'm aware the top players will also benefit from it the point is that for alliance wars for example you use a limited number of champs anyway same as alliance quest so there wouldn't be a problem there and for arenas something can be worked out later. Because otherwise the strong will just get stronger and the weak will stay weak.

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    Sorry to say, but I don't believe Kabam intends for all players to be able to compete at the highest levels of AQ, AW, and arena. The game is designed to (slowly) work your way up until you can match with the best. While I don't disagree with them decreasing the prices of 5* crystals, I really don't see how that would solve the problem you cite and that I don't agree with. These "weak" players will need basics and class cats to reach ranks 2 and 3 and then T2As for rank 4. By the time they reach this threshold, "strong" players will be reaching rank 5 (I'm sure T5b coming soon).

If anything, allowing "weak" players access to these stronger champs closes that gap, albeit only slightly, as they don't have to save for features.

And nice avatar :)
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    The players at the top are accumulating shards at a faster rate than players below them anyway. They have more champions at max sig, for example, which give more shards when you dupe them. They can also put up higher arena scores more easily, gain more shards from the higher tiers of AW, etc. Reducing the cost of the 5* crystal wouldn't do anything to close the gap between top tier and mid-lower tier players. Actually, I think it would exacerbate the problem.
  • JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    Spumington...That's a way I haven't looked at previously. Lowering the price is definitely not the answer as you said the top tier players have absolutely no problem acquiring shards currently. I think they need to spread out the availability of the shards to the mid-lower tier players to allow them more access to the 5* crystals. This is of course if they are wanting that gap narrowed.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Nothing you do will close the gap. There is a gap for a reason. The more you grind or spend or both, the further you will be in the game. Now I'm not against lowering the cost but that won't solve the problem of the gap. That's just the natural order of things.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    JSnook wrote: »
    Spumington...That's a way I haven't looked at previously. Lowering the price is definitely not the answer as you said the top tier players have absolutely no problem acquiring shards currently. I think they need to spread out the availability of the shards to the mid-lower tier players to allow them more access to the 5* crystals. This is of course if they are wanting that gap narrowed.

I don't see why they'd want to narrow the gap. I worked hard to get my roster to this point. Most of my 2* and 3* champs are sitting at max sig. I grind arena all the time to add the 4* champs that I don't already have (which isn't many now). I grind solo events to get sig stones to get the next champ to max sig. At my alliance prestige, AQ is a good challenge. AW is AW. I'd be pretty irritated if a lower tier player was able to close that gap due to game design. If they put in the work or want to pay money to catch up or close the gap, then more power to them. That's the nature of the game.
  • LØKİLØKİ Posts: 2
    Lokman bingöl
  • LØKİLØKİ Posts: 2
    Merhaba
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Spend money if you want to catch up. Spend what they spend or more then you can have an account like that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Nothing you do will close the gap. There is a gap for a reason. The more you grind or spend or both, the further you will be in the game. Now I'm not against lowering the cost but that won't solve the problem of the gap. That's just the natural order of things.

In any game where the more you spend and the more effort you put in the more you advance, the only thing moderating the gap between the highest output players and the lower ones is the rate at which the costs to advance escalates. Getting 5* champions by itself does not make a player stronger than a player with zero 5* champions. What matters is the ability to rank up, awaken, and signature boost those champions. The easier it is to rank them up, the faster they can climb away. The slower it is, the harder it is for them to convert their larger earning capacity into in-game power advantages.

The harder it is to awaken the 5* champs and the more expensive it is to rank them up higher than 3/45, the more compressed the performance range is. Increasing the costs or decreasing the costs to open a 5* crystal is unlikely to do much to the range of performance in the game. Ironically, it is the demands to increase the earning rate of tier 4 crystals that can significantly *increase* the performance gap between the highest and lowest players, because that earning rate currently acts as a bottleneck that affects stronger players disproportionately more than weaker ones.