**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

my tier list

13»

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

CGR2020 said:

Why are there no X-Men movies?

Those arent part of the mcu. Im not sure ill be able to do MCU xmen, i just cant imagine wolverine as someone who isnt Hugh Jackman.
    Agreed. Logan was the end of Wolverine in movies as far as I’m concerned.
  • Options
    Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★

I know I’m going to be hated for this, but I really don’t like GOTG2. It wasn’t funny or interesting to me. One of my least favourites overall

Big facts, that movie tried way too hard to be funny the whole time and I found it jarring
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Hoodie25 said:

I know I’m going to be hated for this, but I really don’t like GOTG2. It wasn’t funny or interesting to me. One of my least favourites overall

Big facts, that movie tried way too hard to be funny the whole time and I found it jarring
    that’s why it’s in c tier. Plus the villain is meh at best. Couple good emotional punches (Yondus death and funeral come to mind)
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    First off why is captain marvel so high? Iron man 2 and 3 and incredible hulk are definitely better than it.
    You don't like comedy movies.Both Gotg movies are rated too low and thor ragnarok too is criminally underrated.
    Homecoming showed spiderman so beautifully. Please tell me what problem did you have with that movie.
    And then you go on to put antman(comedy?), captain america and doctor strange above the movies which are so much better than them.
    S tier movies are must watch movies. You think only infinity war and winter soldier are must watches.
    Avengers, ragnarok, civil war and endgame are all must watches.
  • Options

First off why is captain marvel so high? Iron man 2 and 3 and incredible hulk are definitely better than it.
    You don't like comedy movies.Both Gotg movies are rated too low and thor ragnarok too is criminally underrated.
    Homecoming showed spiderman so beautifully. Please tell me what problem did you have with that movie.
    And then you go on to put antman(comedy?), captain america and doctor strange above the movies which are so much better than them.
    S tier movies are must watch movies. You think only infinity war and winter soldier are must watches.

It’s in C tier lol, not as high as say @Sundance_2099 would put it

yeah, pretty much. I like things on the slightly more serious side

Two words: Iron Man

I’m a sucker for a good heist movie. Doctor Strange is a fun, visually stunning adventure. The first Captain America is an underrated piece of excellence in the MCU, and is also a great war movie.

Anything in A tier or above is a must watch tbh
  • Options

I’m a sucker for a good heist movie. Doctor Strange is a fun, visually stunning adventure. The first Captain America is an underrated piece of excellence in the MCU, and is also a great war movie.

Lol your hatred for iron man was evident.
    Heist is just a small part of the antman movie and it's tone is never serious. It doesn't justify putting it with other top films.
    Doctor strange while visually stunning doesn't compare to ragnarok's and Gotg 2's visual effects and themes. Pretty good but not on the level which you have kept it on.

Captain America is underrated alright. But it's not a good war film. It was never meant to be one. It is a grounded character study of captain america which it does pretty well. Though it's tone doesn't match with the other mcu movies. And again not on the level you kept it in.
  • Options
    There are must watches even below your A tier.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

tier lists are going around, figured I’d make my own

I am mentally prepared for you to flame me

Both ant man movies should be at least a. So should TR. Also why is GOTG 1 and 2 so low?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    GOTG2 for its soundtrack alone should be put in A-tier atleast.
  • Options

It’s trying too hard. The first one is loads better, and the plow twists are really easy to see coming.
  • Options
    I agree with the whole list except Incredible Hulk’s placement. I thought that it was B tier at least.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

It’s trying too hard. The first one is loads better, and the plow twists are really easy to see coming.
    Although Father and Son by Cat Stevens during Yondu's funeral is petty much the best use of Music in a movie ever.
  • Options

Heist is just a small part of the antman movie and it's tone is never serious. It doesn't justify putting it with other top films.
    Doctor strange while visually stunning doesn't compare to ragnarok's and Gotg 2's visual effects and themes. Pretty good but not on the level which you have kept it on.

Captain America is underrated alright. But it's not a good war film. It was never meant to be one. It is a grounded character study of captain america which it does pretty well. Though it's tone doesn't match with the other mcu movies. And again not on the level you kept it in.
    It’s not that I hate him (iron man 2 is seriously a bad film) it’s just he doesn’t feel like spider-man, more like an iron boy. Plus the villains are all iron man villains in the MCU, which just infuriates me. Very excited for the third Spidey film tho
  • Options

It’s not that I hate him (iron man 2 is seriously a bad film) it’s just he doesn’t feel like spider-man, more like an iron boy. Plus the villains are all iron man villains in the MCU, which just infuriates me. Very excited for the third Spidey film tho
    This is exactly how I feel. And it's why I absolutely hate both Spider-Man movies. I'm a huge Spidey fan and the way he's portrayed just infuriates me.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

This is exactly how I feel. And it's why I absolutely hate both Spider-Man movies. I'm a huge Spidey fan and the way he's portrayed just infuriates me.
    Agreed. It just skips all the Spider-man stuff to help build the MCU. I hope Sony keeps going with their spiderverse stuff and hopefully brings it into live action with Spider-man, because Venom was awesome.
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    where’s my boy Groot? Is he in the SS beyond tier?

But honestly the only one I disagree with is the original 2012 avengers being in A tier. I have never sat through that movie even in theaters in 2012 because it lost my interest.
  • Options

But honestly the only one I disagree with is the original 2012 avengers being in A tier. I have never sat through that movie even in theaters in 2012 because it lost my interest.
    what
  • Options

You're insane.
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Etjama said:

You're insane.
    I can sit through any other marvel movie and thoroughly enjoy them, but I never really liked 2012 Avengers. It just felt to slow at times compared to the other mcu movies IMO.
  • Options

This guy knows it all. Also the film has so many emotional beats along with musical ones that it becomes a beautiful experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Etjama said:

You're insane.
    I can sit through any other marvel movie and thoroughly enjoy them, but I never really liked 2012 Avengers. It just felt to slow at times compared to the other mcu movies IMO.
    You can't sit through the movie which laid the foundation of the mcu.
    Also it's a setup so it's supposed to be slow and the payoff is pretty much worth the wait.
  • Options

Iron man loves creating villains. Though I also didn't like iron man to be a role model of spiderman the energy which tom Holland's spiderman brings with him is pretty much what I want from a spiderman. Aside from the iron man stuff everything has been top notch. Also both the villains were really good.
  • Options
    BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    Here comes some heat....Black Panther was just meh. The War Rhinos saved it for me lol
  • Options
    KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    Unpopular opinion, but I'd put Endgame in B tier. I enjoyed watching it, but I think they leaned too heavily into the fan service of bringing in every MCU character so far rather than making a compelling movie plotline. It accomplished its goal of wrapping up the inifity saga and putting a nice bow on it, but I don't think that justifies an A tier ranking.
  • Options

Unpopular opinion, but I'd put Endgame in B tier. I enjoyed watching it, but I think they leaned too heavily into the fan service of bringing in every MCU character so far rather than making a compelling movie plotline. It accomplished its goal of wrapping up the inifity saga and putting a nice bow on it, but I don't think that justifies an A tier ranking.

Yeah that justifies S tier not A
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I think Kang will be wasted potential in ant man 3.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Etjama said:

Agreed. It just skips all the Spider-man stuff to help build the MCU. I hope Sony keeps going with their spiderverse stuff and hopefully brings it into live action with Spider-man, because Venom was awesome.
    please no. please please no.