**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I the only one who thinks that starting a new AW season on Xmas eve is ridiculous?

There may be other posts but this is stupid

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lvernon15 said:

All you people saying ‘well it’s only a holiday for some’ I don’t remember hear you complaining about getting a free gift because it’s Xmas

You mean question a free gift? Why, everyone's a Christian if there's something in it for them
    Look who's being disrespectful now lol quick to turn huh?
    Btw there are no season breaks for other religions so what you guys complaining for? You guys something special?

If we could ask kabam to we would have them let us trade gifts for our festivals too but that prolly won't work. They do Christmas for whatever reason they wanna.
    But delaying a playing mode just because one of the religions needs a break would be way too insulting to the others as we dont get them and I have actually seen people from other countries be like hey why didn't you move yesterday to other people just because they had to be in a important gathering or something.
    Well, a recent 2017 survey states that 9/10 Americans celebrate Christmas, albeit without the religious element for some. Therefore, the vast majority of Americans would have benifited from a day off. Even without supporting Christmas, which is your right, statistics show that it would be beneficial for the majority to delay the start for a few days. And I would have no problem taking days off for other important religions if that's an issue
    Until Kabam releases user data by region, saying it would be beneficial for the majority because Americans celebrate Christmas, is ignorant at best.
    Since roughly half the world celebrates Christmas, is it ignorant to start a season when it's harmful to thousands upon thousands of players? I bet you whine that you can't get a coffee on Christmas becuase people want to spend time with family.
    Half the world in terms of country count, not in terms of population of the world. Only one third of the global population celebrate Christmas, so if we go by your methodology of statistical analysis which I am sure you're an expert in, only 1 out of 3 people playing the game will be affected by this.

Oh and just so you know, I don't drink coffee, nor do I spend Christmas with friends, family, or any other person.
    When considering the people who actually have the time and more importantly money to play MCOC, its closer to have. You think people in lower class India or Africa have access to MCOC? And your on an English forums, in which English speaking countries are almost entirely Christian.
    You're on an English forum, you should at least type in proper English spelling and grammar if we go by your logic, or lack of.

Plenty of people have the time and money to play, especially the Chinese Players who do not recognise Christmas as a holiday at all, and represent a decent portion of the playerbase.

Also, the fact that you state the "lower class" Indian playerbase just shows how absolutely ignorant and moronic you are, considering they are the LARGEST group of people that recognise Christmas as a holiday.

So perhaps curb your "holier than thou, this is a Christian Minecraft Server" enthusiasm.
  • ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lvernon15 said:

All you people saying ‘well it’s only a holiday for some’ I don’t remember hear you complaining about getting a free gift because it’s Xmas

You mean question a free gift? Why, everyone's a Christian if there's something in it for them
    Btw there are no season breaks for other religions so what you guys complaining for? You guys something special?

If we could ask kabam to we would have them let us trade gifts for our festivals too but that prolly won't work. They do Christmas for whatever reason they wanna.
    But delaying a playing mode just because one of the religions needs a break would be way too insulting to the others as we dont get them and I have actually seen people from other countries be like hey why didn't you move yesterday to other people just because they had to be in a important gathering or something.
    Well, a recent 2017 survey states that 9/10 Americans celebrate Christmas, albeit without the religious element for some. Therefore, the vast majority of Americans would have benifited from a day off. Even without supporting Christmas, which is your right, statistics show that it would be beneficial for the majority to delay the start for a few days. And I would have no problem taking days off for other important religions if that's an issue
    Until Kabam releases user data by region, saying it would be beneficial for the majority because Americans celebrate Christmas, is ignorant at best.
    Since roughly half the world celebrates Christmas, is it ignorant to start a season when it's harmful to thousands upon thousands of players? I bet you whine that you can't get a coffee on Christmas becuase people want to spend time with family.
    Half the world in terms of country count, not in terms of population of the world. Only one third of the global population celebrate Christmas, so if we go by your methodology of statistical analysis which I am sure you're an expert in, only 1 out of 3 people playing the game will be affected by this.

Oh and just so you know, I don't drink coffee, nor do I spend Christmas with friends, family, or any other person.
    We found the loner.
    H3t3r said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lvernon15 said:

We found the loner.
    What can I say? I don't like 99.99% of people.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    It's your choice if you want to take a break or not. Im pretty sure your Ally leader will let you take a break on Christmas if they don't then maybe find a better ally
    edited December 2020
    H3t3r said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lvernon15 said:

We found the loner.
    Love when my comments get approved after I posted something else. Thanks Kabam.

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lvernon15 said:

When considering the people who actually have the time and more importantly money to play MCOC, its closer to have. You think people in lower class India or Africa have access to MCOC? And your on an English forums, in which English speaking countries are almost entirely Christian.
    You're on an English forum, you should at least type in proper English spelling and grammar if we go by your logic, or lack of.

Plenty of people have the time and money to play, especially the Chinese Players who do not recognise Christmas as a holiday at all, and represent a decent portion of the playerbase.

Also, the fact that you state the "lower class" Indian playerbase just shows how absolutely ignorant and moronic you are, considering they are the LARGEST group of people that recognise Christmas as a holiday.

So perhaps curb your "holier than thou, this is a Christian Minecraft Server" enthusiasm.
    Wow, over compensating for anything? Not enough love from dear ol' mum? And less than 3% of Indians are Christians (Directly from India's Census). You just illustrated your lack of knowledge on the subject. Christianity has always been a part of Western Culture, which undoubtedly contributes to a high percentage of Kabam's revenue. Even if its only 50%, that's 50% that's likely affected by Christmas.
    Where did I say that Indians were the largest group of people that are Christians? Oh wait... I didn't. I said they are the largest group of people who recognise Christmas as a Holiday.

Perhaps some reading comprehension lessons from dear old Santa might be in order, no?

Christianity has always been a part of Western Culture? Interesting, tell me more about the formation of Christianity that you believe. Because I can tell you now it hasn't always been part of Western Culture, but you pop off lad.

Either way, feel free to cry more over your own stupidity, the War Season has begun and that's not changing.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I wouldn't complain if we got something free any other Friday and I wouldn't complain if we didn't get anything this Friday.

If you choose to push war, cool have fun ( I'm currently in our bg that does ). If you choose not to, cool have fun. It's still a choice regardless of what you'd like to happen.

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lvernon15 said:

Wow, over compensating for anything? Not enough love from dear ol' mum? And less than 3% of Indians are Christians (Directly from India's Census). You just illustrated your lack of knowledge on the subject. Christianity has always been a part of Western Culture, which undoubtedly contributes to a high percentage of Kabam's revenue. Even if its only 50%, that's 50% that's likely affected by Christmas.
    Where did I say that Indians were the largest group of people that are Christians? Oh wait... I didn't. I said they are the largest group of people who recognise Christmas as a Holiday.

Perhaps some reading comprehension lessons from dear old Santa might be in order, no?

Christianity has always been a part of Western Culture? Interesting, tell me more about the formation of Christianity that you believe. Because I can tell you now it hasn't always been part of Western Culture, but you pop off lad.

Either way, feel free to cry more over your own stupidity, the War Season has begun and that's not changing.
    Fine, modern Western Culture. That better? Unless you think the days of the Roman Empire actually contributed to the modern world? Man, don't you just love the impact of Roman mythology in today's society? Ohh wait, it's not relevant at all. Anyone who has ever studied Western Culture understands the importance of Christainity. I don't believe I've ever seen someone try to illustrate their intelligence so blatantly. Still sour after you finished 17th in your class when you were obviously the 16th smartest?
    Define Modern Western Culture? Because again, there's a bunch of Western countries that aren't Christian State countries, or to put it in simpler terms for you, countries who's official religion is Christianity.

Also, you do understand... that without the Romans... there wouldn't have been Christianity... right? You can't be this stupid.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    This thread made me laugh really.
    All I see are hypocritical comments.
    All your argument could be made against you 😂
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★

Thank God for my car bed. This thread made me tired.

You’re a lucky person, to have such an incredible racecar bed.
    Ebony_Naw said:

ItsDamien said:

Christmas Eve? You mean Thursday right?

Exactly. Not everyone celebrates a stolen holiday to to honor a mythological beings false birthday.
    Or, we just accept where this dude is coming from and be respectful. While you may not celebrate Christmas, others do and it's an important time of year. I'm not even that religious but come on dude, not everyone believes the same as you
    Couldn't one say the same to you? While he celebrates Christmas, not everyone does. Why should we make an exception for his holiday when no other holidays are given the same courtesy?

I'm not trying to be confrontational about this, but you need to understand that with an international game, they can't cater to some while not extending the same to others. Unfortunately, we're all just forced to decide how we want to deal with the issue. Our alliance dropped down to Map 5 this week to accommodate. Others are skipping the first war. Life will continue, but so should the game.
    The exception is because Christmas is the widest-celebrated holiday on the planet. (Google it if you don’t believe me). I’m not saying we should skip AW, but this is clearly focused around the most popular holiday being free. Even though it’s a mobile game where you can stop playing whenever you want.
    Ebony_Naw said:

ItsDamien said:

Christmas Eve? You mean Thursday right?

Exactly. Not everyone celebrates a stolen holiday to to honor a mythological beings false birthday.
    Or, we just accept where this dude is coming from and be respectful. While you may not celebrate Christmas, others do and it's an important time of year. I'm not even that religious but come on dude, not everyone believes the same as you
    Couldn't one say the same to you? While he celebrates Christmas, not everyone does. Why should we make an exception for his holiday when no other holidays are given the same courtesy?

I'm not trying to be confrontational about this, but you need to understand that with an international game, they can't cater to some while not extending the same to others. Unfortunately, we're all just forced to decide how we want to deal with the issue. Our alliance dropped down to Map 5 this week to accommodate. Others are skipping the first war. Life will continue, but so should the game.
    The exception is because Christmas is the widest-celebrated holiday on the planet. (Google it if you don’t believe me). I’m not saying we should skip AW, but this is clearly focused around the most popular holiday being free. Even though it’s a mobile game where you can stop playing whenever you want.