**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Making defender kills worth 50 points is useless.

Congratulations Kabam. You have proved that you have a very diligent workforce.

Earlier, both attacker and defender kills were worth the same points, and that caused the Zero defender strategy from many alliances.

Just for that, you reduced the points given by attacker kills, in order to prevent that alliance from winning.

Now, You reduce defender kills to give the exact same points as attacker kills? You're just asking for more zero defender wars, right?

Great work. Kudos. Keep up the hard work.

Comments

• edited September 2017
    I thought they just reduced diversity points and defender kills are still worth nothing?
  • Drakon56Drakon56 Posts: 32
    oh
    Zoddymam wrote: »
    I thought they just reduced diversity points amd defender kills are still worth nothing?

oh, yeah, my bad. meant diversity.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Your alliance || Enemy alliance
    BGs cleared: 60000 = 60000
    Exploration: 90000 = 90000
    Attacker kills: 7500 > 0
    Defenders placed: 0 < 7500
    Defender Diversity: 0 < 7500
    Total so far: 157500 < 165000
    PI needed: N/A || Already won

So...yea, if you want to participate in 0 defender wars, be my guest, because that is still going to be ineffective.
  • Drakon56Drakon56 Posts: 32
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

So...yea, if you want to participate in 0 defender wars, be my guest, because that is still going to be ineffective.

It's already well known that 100% diversity beats the zero defender strategy.

In this case, I'm really happy if it means the zero defender strategy doesn't work. But the math only works if you have 100% diversity. ( I'm in a 8.8 million alliance, so it doesn't matter to me, personally)

But lower tier alliances who do not have 50 unique defenders will have no chance of beating a zero defender alliance. The same problem as last time.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Drakon56 wrote: »
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

It's already well known that 100% diversity beats the zero defender strategy.

In this case, I'm really happy if it means the zero defender strategy doesn't work. But the math only works if you have 100% diversity. ( I'm in a 8.8 million alliance, so it doesn't matter to me, personally)

But lower tier alliances who do not have 50 unique defenders will have no chance of beating a zero defender alliance. The same problem as last time.

Well, even if the opposing alliance has the lowest diversity possible (the lowest any alliance can go is 1, if everyone brings all 5 tiers of the same champion), the defenders placed would level with your attacker kills. Since the only way for your alliance to score with a 0 defenders strategy is BGs cleared, exploration and attackers killed, you would still lose even if the opponent only has 1 diversity.

Actually, as long as your enemy alliance places at least 1 defender, then the 0 defender strategy has been lost.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Kabam has said from the beginning that it's sole purpose is to be used as a tie breaker. then people began exploiting it more and more to give them an advantage. I think the new system will work as intended.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Kabam has said from the beginning that it's sole purpose is to be used as a tie breaker. then people began exploiting it more and more to give them an advantage. I think the new system will work as intended.

It shouldn't be a tie breaker, it shouldn't be in the game. Nothing but exploration should affect a win or loss. Maybe add defender kills back, but still that doesn't actually make a war, wow your soldiers ears more metals then me? Ok you win, like dafuq?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Well, it's here. At this point it's almost safe to say it's not going anywhere.
    What was mentioned in the Thread is true. Placing 0 Defense will not yield a Win.