**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mystic rank up gem

neglass7neglass7 Posts: 214
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips

I just completed V6 and got a 4-5 mystic gem to use.

Considering that I need to do explore 6.1 and complete Act 6, and thinking about exploration for Variants, who would you choose?

Mystic rank up gem 56 votes

Magik
35%
danielmathXxicylovexXOsfan8GuytennisPickleinmypantsColonaut123RockypantherxX_Factor_AgentKill_GreyBonzodavidKeyBFiiNCHJohnyBoySean_1486Ben_15455Agent_X_zzzScrubhanPuttPuttanaLysis_AGENT_A7K 20 votes
Dragon Man
26%
Lightburn22zuffyRbk19IKONDeaconDonDudu2809Sarvanga1_MasterpuffIronGladiator22TheInfintyBuffBeastShenk[Deleted User]RDMNjscott96 15 votes
Voodoo
12%
MeebletonBerjibsIcy000MephistoWill3808Yodabolt21fenchchips 7 votes
Doom (even though I already have a 6*r2)
16%
Drake2078KRANꓘThicco_ModeTSR6225RenaxqqFF4_Two_In_OneHilbert_unbeatable2Rap027Barani7da 9 votes
Other
3%
HSS75tofuシ 2 votes
Wait
5%
Thoye3avenge_123Prtjo 3 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• neglass7neglass7 Posts: 214
    My current other top champs for reference..
    I have a mystic AG to possibly use as well.

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Doom (even though I already have a 6*r2)
    rank up the voodoo too though
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Still the best power controller in the game.

Weeeeell.... I have both and I'm inclined to give that spot to Doom. If you really need to control the opponent's power, you can spam Sp1's and light ending combos to make sure they'll never reach the Special you don't want them to, but you also benefit from the opponent having power gain buffs and gaining as much power as possible. Magik suffers in areas where the opponent can gain too much power before you get to a Sp3, Doom just benefits. She's definitely close though.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Magik
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Weeeeell.... I have both and I'm inclined to give that spot to Doom. If you really need to control the opponent's power, you can spam Sp1's and light ending combos to make sure they'll never reach the Special you don't want them to, but you also benefit from the opponent having power gain buffs and gaining as much power as possible. Magik suffers in areas where the opponent can gain too much power before you get to a Sp3, Doom just benefits. She's definitely close though.
    Doom simply cannot lockdown his opponent's power meter at all. Magik can do it for the entire fight, no matter how long.

Sorry, but Magik wins this one. Even on 200% energise nodes, just get to SP 2, and your opponent is a goner. I've compared both pretty extensively, and Magik is superior in this regard.
    Kill_Grey said:

I agree. She was one of my first 5*s and is super reliable at what she does.
    But how useful is that to get through act 6? She doesn’t have much else aside from power control and nullify.

She was initially my clear first choice for this, but I can be swayed...
    edited December 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Doom simply cannot lockdown his opponent's power meter at all. Magik can do it for the entire fight, no matter how long.

Sorry, but Magik wins this one. Even on 200% energise nodes, just get to SP 2, and your opponent is a goner. I've compared both pretty extensively, and Magik is superior in this regard.
    He may not be able to keep the opponent under 1 bar of power for the whole fight, but he can easily keep them under 2 bars for the whole fight no matter the circumstances. So sure, he's not as good as Magik in that sense, but he's definitely the more versatile power controller since the more power gain the opponent has, the better he works. High energize nodes, high power gain nodes, they all just make him better. In any situation where you need power control, it's pretty much guaranteed that Doom will work while you can't always say the same for Magik.
    Magik
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

He may not be able to keep the opponent under 1 bar of power for the whole fight, but he can easily keep them under 2 bars for the whole fight no matter the circumstances. So sure, he's not as good as Magik in that sense, but he's definitely the more versatile power controller since the more power gain the opponent has, the better he works. High energize nodes, high power gain nodes, they all just make him better. In any situation where you need power control, it's pretty much guaranteed that Doom will work while you can't always say the same for Magik.
    Staying above one bar of power in the first place is what you're trying to avoid most of the time. You obviously don't want the opponent to throw their specials in majority of scenarios. Doom cannot prevent this, magik easily can.
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Staying above one bar of power in the first place is what you're trying to avoid most of the time. You obviously don't want the opponent to throw their specials in majority of scenarios. Doom cannot prevent this, magik easily can.
    One great thing about Doom is his stupidly high block proficiency which lets you bait a dash and reparry so your opponent doesn't throw a special. This is me using Doom vs the final Mulaney Challenge Mysterio.
    https://youtu.be/wJHcKKZ99ZE
    Notice how he only throws 1 Special the whole time and that's only cause I tried to throw a heavy when Masochism shrugged off my shock. It's extremely easy to make sure your opponent never throws a special plus so much more that I mentioned like high power gain champs, nodes, and energize nodes, etc.
    edited December 2020
    I’m kind of tempted by Dragon Man since I do have Doom for power control, but I don’t have many high rank double immune options...

I’m close to opening a 6* featured though, so I might have to wait before making a final decision here
    Magik
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

One great thing about Doom is his stupidly high block proficiency which lets you bait a dash and reparry so your opponent doesn't throw a special. This is me using Doom vs the final Mulaney Challenge Mysterio.
    https://youtu.be/wJHcKKZ99ZE
    Notice how he only throws 1 Special the whole time and that's only cause I tried to throw a heavy when Masochism shrugged off my shock. It's extremely easy to make sure your opponent never throws a special plus so much more that I mentioned like high power gain champs, nodes, and energize nodes, etc.
    You're just messing with me cuz my phone can't screen record 😑.

Would have loved to send a video of me locking down 7.1 yondu boss with Magik, among other things.
    Magik

Would have loved to send a video of me absolutely locking down 7.1 yondu boss with Magik, among other things.

@Etjama, a reply to your last comment. Can't quote cuz it would go to the AoA
    Kill_Grey said:

Would have loved to send a video of me absolutely locking down 7.1 yondu boss with Magik, among other things.

Ah, you mean the one that regens 5% every time you put a shock on him. That's totally a fair power control based fight to compare Doom and Magik on. 😂
    Magik
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Ah, you mean the one that regens 5% every time you put a shock on him. That's totally a fair power control based fight to compare Doom and Magik on. 😂
    Lol, didn't realize shock counts.
    There's also Claire boss I guess.
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Oh datz easy. I'll make sure to use Doom for it once I get around to one of those paths. (I'm hopping around in different quests at the moment doing as much as I can itemless.)
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,133 ★★★
    Other
    U do know that u have sasquatch lying around there right?
    Magik
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Oh datz easy. I'll make sure to use Doom for it once I get around to one of those paths. (I'm hopping around in different quests at the moment doing as much as I can itemless.)
    That's what I was doing at first. Until I got to the destructive feedback path...
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

That's what I was doing at first. Until I got to the destructive feedback path...
    I love destrucive feedback, but I feel like I'll have some trouble on that path. And the Vivified path though I'll probably end up Quaking almost all of it and be fine.
    Magik
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

I love destrucive feedback, but I feel like I'll have some trouble on that path. And the Vivified path though I'll probably end up Quaking almost all of it and be fine.
    Good luck with tigra lol.
    Magik
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

I love destructive feedback, but I feel like I'll have some trouble on that path. And the Vivified path though I'll probably end up Quaking almost all of it and be fine.
    Also, that's just... disgusting
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Good luck with tigra lol.
    Never been a problem for me. I'm fine Quaking double mediums.
    edited January 2021
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Kill_Grey finally got around to the path. Super easy, would've been much faster if Claire didn't nullify on contact. Also lost a lot of health due to suicides.
    https://youtu.be/prrWPQykM2Y
    Magik
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Kill_Grey finally got around to the path. Super easy, would've been much faster if Claire didn't nullify on contact. Also lost a lot of health due to suicides.
    https://youtu.be/prrWPQykM2Y
    Not bad.