**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When playing ghost without wasp, do you hold block or stand still before launching sp2?

DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Which version has a higher success rate of landing the sp2? Which version will be better for causing the oppent to hit into you instead of playing passive and blocking the sp2? I see people doing it these 2 ways, but I'm not sure which version is more safe and better overall for endgame content like act 6 and 7.

Comments

• Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I usually wait until they dash into me then launch it. You could also parry medium and launch it as well.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Both.
  • Options
    I personally do it the way of standing still and very rarely will the opponent hold block right before I launch my sp2, but it will still happen sometimes. I'm wondering if it would benefit to switch the blocking variant, or if they are about equal?
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Parry heavy hold block SP2 when they dash in.

Parry L SP2 is the easiest.

On stunimmune its a bit more tricky
  • Options
    BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★
    I do the stand still one.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Nah I do something weird. I do ml, then immedietly parry, then dash back and throw it to get all crits.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Seraphion said:

Parry heavy hold block SP2 when they dash in.

Parry L SP2 is the easiest.

On stunimmune its a bit more tricky

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Ghost is not meant to be played with any party at all. If you’re parrying with ghost you’re playing her totally and utterly wrong. Do NOT listen to anyone who starts their ghost discussion with parry in it.

Ghost without wasp is a bit trickier but still easy to use. It’s just more timing. You phase and let go of special 2 either by baiting heavy or letting them dash into you. But you need to be fast. Split second too slow it will only crit hit 1.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

Nah I do something weird. I do ml, then immedietly parry, then dash back and throw it to get all crits.

Those things dont work on stun immune
    No sh** but did it say stun immune?
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    I do the exact same thing with synergy. Just that I have to wait when they dash forward me so I can dash backward and flash activate my sp2 after I done my dash backward.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Generally hold block, my preferred method is allow a phase to expire hold block and when they dash launch it, though where there isn’t any form of stun reduction I often just go for parry
  • Options

Ghost is not meant to be played with any party at all. If you’re parrying with ghost you’re playing her totally and utterly wrong. Do NOT listen to anyone who starts their ghost discussion with parry in it.

Ghost without wasp is a bit trickier but still easy to use. It’s just more timing. You phase and let go of special 2 either by baiting heavy or letting them dash into you. But you need to be fast. Split second too slow it will only crit hit 1.

Id recommend doing it rlly slow, like until the last possible second where your very close to getting hit. may be a placebo but I figure the more time you give them to hit into you, the more likely they are to hit in instead of blocking.
  • Options
    The easiest way of thinking about it is as if you're special intercepting. As they dash into you you need to dash back and drop the SP2. The way to guarantee safety - i.e. not hitting into a blocking opponent - is for them to be against the wall so that the game's weird pathing decides that you haven't actually made contact is less likely to occur.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    parry dashback into an instant sp2
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Generally hold block, my preferred method is allow a phase to expire hold block and when they dash launch it, though where there isn’t any form of stun reduction I often just go for parry

what cool swaggy iron man said

• Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    When playing ghost without wasp I treat each fight as if it’s stun immune, regardless of whether I can parry or not. In essence it’s holding block after your initial combo for just a split second longer to bait a reactionary attack from them; it could be a heavy or a medium or light attack. More often than not they will try to attack you, and that’s when you punish with your Sp2. However sometimes they will dash backwards instead, when that happens just pray to god that the AI doesn’t punish your whiffed L2.