**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Where would Guillotine rank if she were part of another class?

We see a lot of posts talking about where champs rank within their own class, but mystics is in a class by itself. The top 6 mystics are probably DV, SW, Magik, GR, Mordo, and Dormammu. I'd personally probably put Red Hood at 7 and Guillotine at 8. It's not a precise science, but it's hard to argue she is a top 5 mystic champion.

Would she crack into the top 5 in any of the other classes?

Mutant - Wolverine, X-23, Iceman, Rogue, and AA clearly outclass her
Science - The two Spiderman are beasts defensively, but if we look just at attack she probably slips in around #5 with YJ following both CAs, Hulk, and Quake
Tech - SL and Stark SM are light years ahead, but she might compete for the fifth spot behind them, Ultron and Vision (assuming we count them as 1)
Cosmic - Hyperion, Drax, Medusa, Angela and Thor generate a lot of damage. She is more versatile, but I don't think she cracks into this top 5.
Skill - GP is best in class hands down, but the rest is open to debate, because many of these (like XB) require some skill to learn how to use.

Comments

• KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I wouldn't count both visions together unless you're counting both wolvies and caps together. She's very good, but probably only better than OG Cap and Quake on that list offensively (depending how good you are with Quake and who you're fighting).
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    That's a good point about Quake - talk about a hero that requires skill to play well. Guillotine's greatest niche is that she reverses healing. That's pretty awesome in a few special cases and makes her the top choice to fight huge regenerators. Trouble is - there are only a couple of times in the entire game you'll come across a regenerator where using Guillotine is preferred to using DV, who nullify's at turns all the buffs into poison anyways.....
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I agree with your mystic ranks but I would
    Put her above quake and og cap in science, cosmic I've always said Hyperion first and the next 4 are all pretty even, and I would put her on a par with all those other 4, healing is really a valuable asset, at high sig level she is decent at regen, and her bleed is pretty damn good
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    Rouge clearly outclass guillotine? Give me a break!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    gully is easily better than both caps, YJ, and quake so she's easily top 5 science.
    She's better than thor and drax no question so definitely top 5 cosmic.
    Tech she may slip in at #5 as you mentioned
    Skill she could be top 5. Not too many super strong skill champs
    Mutant she may slip in at #5 kind of like tech.

Overall she has solid damage through high criticals and fairly strong bleeds. She can also regen decently well without relying on buffs, and of course reverse healing which no other champ in the game can do.
  • We see a lot of posts talking about where champs rank within their own class, but mystics is in a class by itself. The top 6 mystics are probably DV, SW, Magik, GR, Mordo, and Dormammu. I'd personally probably put Red Hood at 7 and Guillotine at 8. It's not a precise science, but it's hard to argue she is a top 5 mystic champion.

Would she crack into the top 5 in any of the other classes?

Mutant - Wolverine, X-23, Iceman, Rogue, and AA clearly outclass her
    Science - The two Spiderman are beasts defensively, but if we look just at attack she probably slips in around #5 with YJ following both CAs, Hulk, and Quake
    Tech - SL and Stark SM are light years ahead, but she might compete for the fifth spot behind them, Ultron and Vision (assuming we count them as 1)
    Cosmic - Hyperion, Drax, Medusa, Angela and Thor generate a lot of damage. She is more versatile, but I don't think she cracks into this top 5.
    Skill - GP is best in class hands down, but the rest is open to debate, because many of these (like XB) require some skill to learn how to use.

It is hard to say, because it gets tricky to judge a champion based on a wide criteria like "attack." For example, I don't know if Drax is a better attacker. Drax does a little more damage, but Guillotine has several specific cases where she would be a bettter attacker. She is a better sustainable attacker because she can regenerate (I'm assuming we are comparing awakened versions of everyone). She is a vicious attacker against anything with healing through reversal. Drax is a good attacker in general, but I don't specifically know if there are many places I would specifically put Drax on my attack team when I had lots of other options.

My criteria for judging attackers tends to be less "who is better at dealing damage" and more "who is useful in more situations as an attacker." I think Guillotine is the superior attacker over Drax based on that criteria: essentially I would use her more often.

Given that criteria, I also think he is at least competitive with both Captain Americas in Science. I think she would be very competitive with most of the Skill champions not named Gwenpool. I think she is even at least competitive with Rogue in mutant (I would give Rogue the edge, but I don't think it is clear-cut) and X-23 (I think X-23 is the better attacker in general, but heal reversal gives Guillotine one extra usefulness area X-23 doesn't have which makes it closer).
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I've been wondering this same thing but about Jane Foster. She'd be a beast under almost any other class, but she's like 4th worst mystic.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Guillotine is better than SW for everything but questing.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    im a huge fan of gully, she has alot of utility in questing, aq and aw attack . i Personally have her in my top 5 mystics, in other classes she would be higher than that
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    she's a very specific utility champ
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Ok shes decent duped but if you guys had all the champs listed or even half of the ones mentioned and they are duped im sure you would agree with this:

She makes it into my questing B-team when AQ and AW is running (yes I have her duped)

Why?

AW Attacker she is highly outclassed by X-23 in terms of dps-health combo; can argue SW high dupe aswell (lets not be in denial guilly's heal is not reliable either)

Defender? Nope her specials are easily avoided and even her sp3 with low soul count is a joke or just use bleed immune

AQ? If you aren't using GR to path your AW lanes then definately you will use him here, or wolvie and usually then bring a poison immune like hulk or ultron

Questing B-team b/c AW+AQ runnning? Sure why not.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    edited September 2017
    Bring her in AW, u know about her damage output (put some points in dw to make the bleed more powerful) now reverse the willpower healing while the opponent is bleeding ;) reverse magik's limbo healing.

Her 3rd special does % damage, instead of flat value. 15 souls, smash sp3 when u see the opponent at 30% health, boom its over!

Her passive lifesteal (which got a little buff recently) can come handy when duped .

She doesn't proc a lot of buffs like many attackers mentioned, so no fueling to MD.

• UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Mordo doesn't even come to top 6 mystic, unless u r talking about AWD. Dormammu is an MVP for power controlling matches, but otherwise his damage sucks, guilly outpowers him there.

Hood n guilly are definitely in top 5-6 mystic.