**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Morningstar S3 shouldn't be affected by offensive ability accuracy

Hi Summoners,

I did an incursion last night (Sector 6) and decided to use my Awakened 4* Max rank Morningstar. On the first against an Ant man, when using special 3 the soul counter did not show. I attempted this twice during the fight. The 'soul sucking' particle effects still showed as if the counter was active.

Looking into it, I've realised awakened Ant Man has -100% offensive ability accuracy on glancing hits. My question is should the S3 counter actually be classed as an offensive ability? Yes you gain the counter to eventually gain a soul, but the benefit is only gained after you hit 100. During the counter phase, nothing 'offensively' advantageous has happened.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 ★★★
    If you run suicides, the poison debuff will never let you gain a soul after a S3 unless its your kill shot. That’s kind of annoying.
  • Options
    DongowarriorDongowarrior Posts: 94
    Haji_Saab said:

You can avoid it. When you want to launch sp3, stop hitting antman, dash back and then launch sp3.

Sp3 do not glance but if you chain your sp3 to a combo and your last hit glances, then the whole sp3 glances as well.

@Haji_Saab I will try next time, but I'm not convinced. The second S3 attempt was done after Ant man had used S2. This was so he did not hit S3 power bar after Morningstar had finished. I did not combo, just hit my special.

Where does it say hits during S3 can not glance? I've looked online about glancing and can't find much apart from what the ability is.
  • Options
    MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Encountered this bug as well. Ant-Man or not, there will be times the counter won't be displayed. HOWEVER, you can still continue hitting the opponent and you will gain a soul eventually.
  • Options
    MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Pmr3 said:

Hi Summoners,

I did an incursion last night (Sector 6) and decided to use my Awakened 4* Max rank Morningstar. On the first against an Ant man, when using special 3 the soul counter did not show. I attempted this twice during the fight. The 'soul sucking' particle effects still showed as if the counter was active.

Looking into it, I've realised awakened Ant Man has -100% offensive ability accuracy on glancing hits. My question is should the S3 counter actually be classed as an offensive ability? Yes you gain the counter to eventually gain a soul, but the benefit is only gained after you hit 100. During the counter phase, nothing 'offensively' advantageous has happened.

Thoughts?

I don’t use MS very often but last couple times I’ve used her it was like that. An it was against different opponents but I did get my soul after hitting them a bunch. So it may just be a bug I think. Where symbol just doesn’t show up.
    This
  • Options
    DongowarriorDongowarrior Posts: 94
    HI_guys said:

Haji_Saab said:

You can avoid it. When you want to launch sp3, stop hitting antman, dash back and then launch sp3.

Sp3 do not glance but if you chain your sp3 to a combo and your last hit glances, then the whole sp3 glances as well.

@Haji_Saab I will try next time, but I'm not convinced. The second S3 attempt was done after Ant man had used S2. This was so he did not hit S3 power bar after Morningstar had finished. I did not combo, just hit my special.

Where does it say hits during S3 can not glance? I've looked online about glancing and can't find much apart from what the ability is.
    It's because of the way Glancing and OAAR works.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/242551/now-that-nick-fury-has-been-fixed#latest

This was written on last updste
    @HI_guys Thanks for the link. Interesting read! I came back to the game in December after a two year break, so looks as though there are still a few advanced mechanics (some probably unintentionally added) I need to remember.

That seems to answer why it didn't trigger. But still makes me wonder whether a counter being displayed is an offensive ability. It would make sense to have the ability reduction come into effect on the counter hitting 100. The counter hitting 100 is technically when an 'offensive ability' takes place, i.e. gaining a soul.