**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Taskmaster Buff, Inspired by Below Thread

"Wow, two buff ideas in one day? This guy is a machine!" Thanks, I try. But I saw the thread below about Taskmaster's synergies, and I thought about it. And thought about it. And came up with this. The idea is that instead of him exploiting the weakness of your fighting style, he does what he does in... well, I've never read the comics. But... Ultimate Spider-Man? And copies your fighting style as his own. So...

TASKMASTER

(Insert base stats here.)

ANALYTICAL MIND

Taskmaster learns his opponent's fighting style.

Whenever his opponent strikes his block, he gains +1% block penetration.
Whenever his opponent strikes, he gains +1% attack.
Whenever he strikes his opponents block, he gains +1% block proficiency.
Whenever he strikes the opponent, he gains +1% armor rating.

Whenever his opponent activates a buff, he gains the corresponding ability.
Fury- +5% attack.
Precision- +5% Critical Rating.
Cruelty- +5% Critical damage rating
Armor Up- +5% Armor

Whenever his opponent evades an attack, he gains +5% chance to evade.
Whenever his opponent auto-blocks, he gains +5% chance to auto-block.

TACTICAL RECONNAISSANCE

At the start of every fight, Taskmaster enters reconnaissance mode for 5 seconds.
While in reconnaissance mode, all stat gains are multiplied by 5. (So, when he's hit, he gains +5% attack instead of 1%.)
While in reconnaissance mode, Taskmaster is only testing the opponent's reactions, so his attacks deal 0 damage. However, because his focus is on them, his reflexes are more effective, giving all their attacks a 100% chance to miss. (These misses count as attacks, so he still gains attacks from them.)

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Enter Tactical reconnaissance mode for 5 seconds.

AWAKENED ABILITIES
PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY

Taskmaster copies 1 Fury, Precision, Cruelty, or Armor up buff per fight, storing it as a persistent charge.
At the beginning of the fight, and after using special attacks, he gains the buffs in his persistent charge for 15 seconds.

I mean, it's not the craziest buff idea ever, but I think it's a good one. It works for Taskmaster. Comment if you want to see synergies, but I'm not doing those right now.

Comments

• Options
    SWHistorianSWHistorian Posts: 12
    (Person who thinks Taskmaster is one of the most fun characters in the game here) I think this is an amazing way to represent how Tasky works in the comics, but if I could have my cake and eat it too, I think the devs did a good job with the ability accuracy reduction thing. Maybe if you made that gimmick his awakened and then buff the 10% to 20% for a total of 100 when ramped, you might get a character who's accurate to the comics, yet still fits into his whole class dynamic a bit more?
  • Options
    LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181
    In my opinion, these abilities shouldn't entirely overwrite the abilities Taskmaster already has, as both are pretty faithful adaptations of his powers in the comics.
    That said, the concept is great! Adds a bunch more much-needed damage and safety to Taskmaster's kit in a creative fashion.

Only real issue would be reading up on all this in-game.
  • Options
    Mars_UltorMars_Ultor Posts: 159
    LemoNot said:

Only real issue would be reading up on all this in-game.

Well you might not have to, really. You might to know you're supposed to take some hits in the first 5 second of the match, but really just play him and it kind of happens. As for not getting rid of his current abilities, Well, I honestly don't really know his current ones that well.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    No just no fine as is idc if he is falling behind in usability he is staying as is
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike

This is a really solid idea! This would make Taskmaster go from avoiding the champ and pretending he's not there to a fully enjoyable skill class beast of a character.