**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is the “suicide mastery” setup considered an essential part of the game?

NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Just wanting to get an insight as to gain a reflection of how the community views suicide masteries? Are the needed for end game content? Just recently invested in full suicides.

Is the “suicide mastery” setup considered an essential part of the game? 81 votes

Yes
12%
Spity68ericong77Zan0VictorDLemoNotTrashPanda12Kablmunnaivai23_AGENT_A7Kalhir27 10 votes
No
87%
GamerMegaSkater67World EaterPiviotbuffajrJadedccrider474phillgreenSungjNojokejaymCliffordcanHammerbro_64Duke_SilverWorknprogressPizzabeatWas525Stagedear85GoddessIliasbazingampshadow_lurker22 71 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    LemoNotLemoNot Posts: 181
    Yes
    I don't like them personally, but they do grant up to +60% increased attack, which helps a bunch keeping fights short in Acts 6/7 and AW.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    No
    Not even remotely
  • Options
    avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    No
    It's not essential,but it severely depends on ur roster.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    No
    Not essential, but boy do they make certain things quicker.
  • Options
    Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    No
    Of course they are not essential but they are totally worth it, the game feels boring when i take out suicides
  • Options
    TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Yes
    Misclicked. No, it's all about what champions you have and whether they are compatible with them.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    No
    I have never unlocked suicides yet and I am doing perfectly well.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    No. You can clear every content without it just fine. You can also enjoy a wider roster choice. I only unlocked suicides for Arena and the difference with and without it is staggering. I usually finish my grind cycle by the 3rd day without suicides but after unlocking it, I’m done by the 2nd day with still half a day to do the other arena I weren’t touching before.

I also run Corvus and G2099 in AQ lately (Map 6) then I main Quake in AW so even if it really isn’t necessary, it helps out a lot.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    No
    No suicdes definitely are not essential at all, just like how deep wounds/assassin aren't essential for endgame content either. They are nice to have tho, really great masteries to invest in, I think you made a good choice. I've been running them for like 2 years, rarley turning them off, they really are great 👍.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    No
    They are not essential. Just really nice. I have them because I grind 3 arena's every round. Which would be terrible without suicide masteries. For questing it is not required at all. There are only 2 masteries that I would consider 'required' and those are Parry and Dexterity. Other than that. It does not really matter. Only means you finish fights either quicker or slower.
    Whether you run suicides for quests is also really up to your roster. I got them because I had Corvus, Omega and Ghost all as 5* champs. So the choice was very simple. But if I had none suicide friendly champs like my friend (Cull, Doom and Nick Fury) I wouldn`t have unlocked them.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    No
    You dont need them.

A few champs like Omega Ghost Corvus Claire Wolverine can make really good use of them tho.

If you only could swap them on and off WITHOUT spending 120 units. That would be great.
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★

No. You can clear every content without it just fine. You can also enjoy a wider roster choice. I only unlocked suicides for Arena and the difference with and without it is staggering. I usually finish my grind cycle by the 3rd day without suicides but after unlocking it, I’m done by the 2nd day with still half a day to do the other arena I weren’t touching before.

I also run Corvus and G2099 in AQ lately (Map 6) then I main Quake in AW so even if it really isn’t necessary, it helps out a lot.

Yeah I mainly got them for Arena. Tried using suicides in some end game content and it was a little tricky to get used to for sure. Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    No
    Put it this way. Doom is arguably Top 5 (if not Top 3) champs on the entire game. Put on suicides and he becomes gimped. Are suicides essential if a top 5 or Top 3 champ is in that position only if he/she is used as non suicides?

The answer is absolutely "No".

If your roster is full of ONLY Ghostes, Corvuses,Omegas, duped CMMs etc then well the answer is "Yes".
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    No

Put it this way. Doom is arguably Top 5 (if not Top 3) champs on the entire game. Put on suicides and he becomes gimped. Are suicides essential if a top 5 or Top 3 champ is in that position only if he/she is used as non suicides?

If your roster is full of ONLY Ghostes, Corvuses,Omegas, duped CMMs etc then well the answer is "Yes".

Don't forget nick fury too. He is also not suicide friendly
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    No

NF is waaay more suicide friendly than Doom will ever be. Perhaps not as friendly as say, Claire or Ghost of but definitely not unusable with suicides if you have him duped. Spam sp2 so recoil and poison bleed kill you. Then when LMD comes poison and bleed will be shrugged off, and you can easily build to a sp3 because of unblockable. Throw sp3. Opponent's dead. Not necessarily ideal but not unusable either.

Doom on the other hand... take away his ability to build power by spamming sp1 ( for nullify and power gain) and sp2 for damage and he will immediately become a lesser champ than he is. Doom is not the same useful Doom if you have to kill yourself with recoil just to access some of his utility ... or if your only hope for every fight is to just do the sp3 and then the double fury trick thingy... not necessarily viable in all fights.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Needed? No, you can do all the content without them, however a lot of the best of the best champs gain huge benefit for them which makes them a great investment, and they make arena grinds much easier
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    No

NF is waaay more suicide friendly than Doom will ever be. Perhaps not as friendly as say, Claire or Ghost of but definitely not unusable with suicides if you have him duped. Spam sp2 so recoil and poison bleed kill you. Then when LMD comes poison and bleed will be shrugged off, and you can easily build to a sp3 because of unblockable. Throw sp3. Opponent's dead. Not necessarily ideal but not unusable either.

Doom on the other hand... take away his ability to build power by spamming sp1 ( for nullify and power gain) and sp2 for damage and he will immediately become a lesser champ than he is. Doom is not the same useful Doom if you have to kill yourself with recoil just to access some of his utility ... or if your only hope for every fight is to just do the sp3 and then the double fury trick thingy... not necessarily viable in all fights.
    What about the second fight with fury?
    You will be on low health and throwing sp1s would kill you very fast.

You can do minimum 3 fights with doom in act 7 with suicides as it takes 2 doom cycles to finish a fight in act 7. Can't say this about fury.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    No
    It honstely depends how you want to play the game.

For a long time I had "half suicides" unlocked with only the bleed (double egde).

I used champs like Ghost Omega Corvus Magik and Nick + Deadpool whenever I wanted 11,5% healing at the start of every fight.

That was also part of my LOL team with Aegon. Very cool in Incursions too.

You can give healing to non bleedimmune champs every fight. Nick himself also isnt too bad with it. You can only use him for a few fights tho.

Only annoying thing was Recoil. So champs like Doom/Void for example are out of the picture or only useable for very few fights.

If not for high Tier Wars I would prob run full suicides.
  • Options
    Mars_UltorMars_Ultor Posts: 159
    No
    In conclusion, Suicide masteries are by no means necessary for the progression in the game, although they have their benefits. They boost some champions into the god-tier category, while making others unusable.