**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

#GetInThePool - LOWERING ARENA CUTOFFS

13»

Comments

• Options
    sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    I think everyone would be happy if JUST the basic 4* champ could be won at a milestone. Keep the Rank rewards with shards or other items.
    No need to change the feature arena. I have ZERO chance of top 800.
    Good for whoever can get Yondu early. I don't hate.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    sbb75 wrote: »
    I think everyone would be happy if JUST the basic 4* champ could be won at a milestone. Keep the Rank rewards with shards or other items.
    No need to change the feature arena. I have ZERO chance of top 800.
    Good for whoever can get Yondu early. I don't hate.

This is a good idea. Perhaps at 3 million? Leave the milestones as they are, but you need to put up an aditional 1.5mil to ensure the champ. It's still a bit of a grind, but for those who truly want it will be able to get it if they put the time in. And its also a reasonable figure.
  • Options
    BenderBender Posts: 163
    Make the basic a milestone, and then make the rank rewards the basic + x amount of sig levels. Grinders will go for that, and others who need to strenghten their squad can grind that milestone for the basic/+1
  • Options
    ARKANG3L_2099ARKANG3L_2099 Posts: 129
    Im sorry if anyone already said this. I kinda skipped to the bottom...
    But i do agree.
    What they should do is an overhaul on the arana awarding framework and instead of awards going to the top % it should be for players who hit a specific score.
    So every single player that plays has a 100% at the heroes. They just have to grind and play alot.
    Set it up like milestones for each one passed in the arena we get those rewards like challenges.
    And i never said it had to be easy.
    But that would make it fair for everyone.
    And i know people are gonna shoot me down becuase theyre likely people who say;
    'If you want it, earn it'.
    Unfortunately some people just cant do that. I have 3 kids and a house to maintain. I cant spend thousands of $ on this and i cant play all day everyday.
    There needs to be a silver lining.
  • Options
    BenderBender Posts: 163
    edited June 2017
    Im sorry if anyone already said this. I kinda skipped to the bottom...
    But i do agree.
    What they should do is an overhaul on the arana awarding framework and instead of awards going to the top % it should be for players who hit a specific score.
    So every single player that plays has a 100% at the heroes. They just have to grind and play alot.
    Set it up like milestones for each one passed in the arena we get those rewards like challenges.
    And i never said it had to be easy.
    But that would make it fair for everyone.
    And i know people are gonna shoot me down becuase theyre likely people who say;
    'If you want it, earn it'.
    Unfortunately some people just cant do that. I have 3 kids and a house to maintain. I cant spend thousands of $ on this and i cant play all day everyday.
    There needs to be a silver lining.

Agreed. Everyone deserves a chance. I am sure if the basic becomes the milestone, and rank rewards will give a better version of the basic champ, the community will play more arena, and that means KBM makes more potential money. Seriously KBM, we all know you're eager for the money, but you can have more, and we will all be happy if you do these "small changes"!

Also if you help develop the "medium" players who lack the champs at the moment, by doing this they will develop quicker and maybe even try to grind the feature?
  • Options
    Golden_GuardianGolden_Guardian Posts: 37
    edited June 2017
    Mr_Wiff wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this kind of seems as though you are asking people to spend their time so you can get champs to dominate the game even more. I understand that it may be the "nice thing to do" but mot all of us cannot do 20 hour grinds and the minimum rewards do not "greatly" benefit everyone. So in order to help people that spend their lives on this game we must spend our own time to help you get champions that make life hard for us in wars and your response to that argument is "get better" so basically telling us you need to be so good at the game to deserve ridiculously good rewards whist the rest of us get diddly squat. I stay out of the pool on the overpowered champions like Mordo and I will for Voodoo. But I will happily do it in 3 star arena as more player do that whom need to build their roster. likewise with some featured champs such as gamora as the rank rewards are better and these champs don't always make a difference to us in wars. In short I don't see why those of us whom have little time should spend it helping those whom do especially in cases where the champ they are grinding for will make our game life harder.

As a disclaimer this is by no means aimed at any specific person least of all at Dave whom started this feed.

Yep, that's exactly what it sounds like. No sarcasm intended btw
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    No matter how many of us agree to this, I doubt it'll ever be implemented. They'll see it as too easy, even tho we dedicate countless hours to playing their game yet end up with **** rewards because cutoffs are so high. Hopefully things change.
  • Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    I also have second idea to decrease the cutoff.
    After each arena, cutoffs are being published on many sites/profile (we all know where) and most of the people (grinders) goes for more score for the next time. This keep increasing the cutoff each time. For example, let say there are 2 champs which most of the people want. For the first champ cutoff is X then people will always do X+ for the second champ to secure themselves that they will definitely get it. This keep increasing the cutoff.
    If people don't know what's the cutoff then they will do their best in 3 days instead of shooting at perfect score​. I know for some of you this may sounds like shooting in dark to get what you want from arena but since people started to keep history of cutoff it just keep rising for next mostly desired champs.
    So i suggest to stop keeping the history of arena cutoffs.

So u want people to not have an idea of how many points they'd need to get a champ they want? You would only suggest this because you know you can make up to like 5mil+ in the arena easily......
    That's selfish

What's selfish is telling people they have to put in time and effort so you can get prizes easier. Only the top 10% get the champ, so the other 90% do not. It takes 9 more people to join in and intentionally score low for 1 more person to get in the prize pool. It's not a lot of effort by any means, but I do not blame any one for not putting time in to an arena that they have no intention of fully committing/investing in. To try and paint them as the ones being selfish while you belittle and put them down is ridiculous.
  • Options
    username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    edited June 2017
    More ppl need to read & AGREE to this
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Basic or Featured, the champ could be a milestone, but simple x1.
    But people ranking could get the full duped champ.
    If they do it, grinders will be grinding in Arenas; even More people will be grinding and ranking in 4basic arenas.
    Bender wrote: »
    Agreed. Everyone deserves a chance. I am sure if the basic becomes the milestone, and rank rewards will give a better version of the basic champ, the community will play more arena, and that means KBM makes more potential money. Seriously KBM, we all know you're eager for the money, but you can have more, and we will all be happy if you do these "small changes"!

Also if you help develop the "medium" players who lack the champs at the moment, by doing this they will develop quicker and maybe even try to grind the feature?
    100% agree.
    Time ago I would argue why champs for milestone is the best for players and specially for Kabam.
    It's all.

More players with more champs, are more players happy, more players playing and more players wasting.
    Many people isn't in AW/AQ or in low tiers because they have no decent roster. And AQ/AW is money for Kabam.
    Many people don't try Arenas or left wasting their time, because the cutoff is a lottery. Less money for Kabam.
    Another good example was Mordo, just think if more people got Mordos 4* in AW.

Right now, many people not have their efforts rewarded. That is a fun killer and those ones become in unhappy people and they're people dropping out their try in Arenas, even many people have left playing the game.
    I can talk by myself, months ago I was grinding hard Arenas, even I was using boosts and everything, but since cutoff are bigger and bigger I prefer save my health and happiness and grind the less.
  • Options
    MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 319
    Don't expect new champs to have the same amount of points than older
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    They ran an arena for a new champ with a basic champ (4* Hawkeye) as a milestone for the arena. It was only done once to test the effect it would have on the competitiveness of the game. I'm guessing since it has not happened again in the last two years we are stuck shooting for the moon each and every arena from there to eternity.
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Based on the replies to this thread, it seems the consensus among most players is that everyone who plays the arena should get a 4* champion. Give everyone a trophy, and take away the word 'Contest' from the game title, and that would fit.

Lets just give everyone every champion right away. Then the grinders can grind away in the arena, and everyone else can play with their free champs for no effort, or competition.

Sounds fun, doesn't it?