**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will there ever be a new arena crystal?

2»

Comments

• DNA3000 said:

These are the rolling unit sums if I looked at 700 crystals of data only, starting with the first seven, then skipping the first batch and looking at the seven after that, and so on. Depending on when I starting counting, the ratio I would have reported could have been anything between 15.3 units per crystal (equal to the ratio of 0.00153) and 22.3 units per crystal (i.e. 0.00223). That's how much the data fluctuates from batch to batch. It is the long term average that trends towards about 19 per crystal (or 1900 per hundred UC crystals), but not even 700 crystals is guaranteed to be close to the average.

If you’re getting from between 15-22 Units per single UC crystal, and averaging about 19, that would match with both your initial chart, as well as that linked Video that I echo'd the screencap from.

Those were both between about 17-21, and averaged to just about 19 Units per UC crystal.

Wonder (if you were still doing the specific breakdown) what the ratio of the LO-Unit vs HI-Unit drops were that you were getting. Since seems like 15% overall Unit drop rate is right on target just like they advertise, but what Kabam doesn’t actually specify is the breakdown odds (ratio) between getting the LO/HI amount for the Units.

Seems like it could either be about 2-to-1 ratio (67% change for LO), or maybe a little worse like 70% or 75% chance at getting the LO amount. (from just within the UNIT drops themselves).
  • Wonder (if you were still doing the specific breakdown) what the ratio of the LO-Unit vs HI-Unit drops were that you were getting.

158 of the low ones (75) and 94 of the high ones (225). So about 63% low and 37 high. That's very close to a ratio of 5:3.

Incidentally, I believe the spirit of the Apple lootbox guidelines requires Kabam to disclose these odds. The whole purpose is for players to judge the value of the lootbox and to know what the relative chance of getting a high value verses low value drop. I would say that whether you get 75 units or 225 units from the crystal is a materially significant difference. But as Kabam wouldn't even disclose the odds they do without Apple twisting their arm, they are unlikely to be persuaded by my logic in this area.