**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 exploration worth it?

BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So I saved up fragments to get a skill t5cc from doing a bunch of content like act 6 completion, 7.1 exploration and v5 exploration with which I’ll take up Hit-Monkey to r3 and get thronebreaker. With that out of the way, I don’t know if exploring act 6 is still worth it for the effort. For one, the first 2 chapters have way too many paths for my taste. And secondly, although I haven’t faced any yet, I heard that there some rather undesirable node combinations later on. Would you say it’s worth it for me to spend time and effort (and maybe resources) to explore act 6 or should I focus on other content (like exploring the rest of the variants) for now until more act 7 content comes out?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I want this to be a discussion about whether act 6 is worth exploring still or not in general, so please don’t move to a different sections, mods
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    As of now, no, it’s not worth it FOR ME. But honestly anything in this game is up to the player. But the amount of rewards isn’t worth the amount of effort I’ll have to put in right now when I can just 100% 7.1 and get very good rewards
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I mean it has an entire t5cc in it. But if you are already thronebreaker, I don't think it's worth. Too many paths and paths are too long.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    After the nerfs? Definitely. Most of act 6 isnt too bad in my opinion. Although 6.2 is still pretty rough in a certain place. That said, the rewards have been pretty devalued by July 4th deals and Cyber weekend deals.
  • Yep it’s well worth it. As it stands it’s still your best chance of completing T5CC, at this stage there must be a lot of players sitting with 50% of most classes just from various sources.

With the ease that we can take champions up now it’s not such a big ask to R4/5 a champ for one or two lanes in the way it was even 6 months ago. Sure, there’s parts of it that are awful - 6.2.5 can be described by a plethora of four letter words. That being said, there’s now a hell of a lot of counters for most quests floating around. Magneto in particular neutered a lot of the difficulty of many bosses

Would I do it over Act 7? No. Do I want a full formed T5CC? Yes.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Not only are the paths long and numerous but there’s horrible design in them. I went from 85% to 97% (I thought it was my last run). It turns out one of the paths randomly split into more at the very end (kind of like how act 4 had it)

So i had to go back and repeat the quest just for literally 3% (a single defender). See screenshots.

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Not only are the paths long and numerous but there’s horrible design in them. I went from 85% to 97% (I thought it was my last run). It turns out one of the paths randomly split into more at the very end (kind of like how act 4 had it)

So i had to go back and repeat the quest just for literally 3% (a single defender). See screenshots.

Actually, you have 2 paths left. I recently explored 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3. I don't completely understand this worth it or not bit. Its content, its optional to explore. You can either farm resources and do it, ot just brute force it using revives if you really want that 6 star AG, T5cc and the nexus. One reason I am exploring it now is I find the value of resource continues to go down every day in the game. So, getting that T5cc and getting my next R3 is my priority. So, I will explore it before the next story content comes around.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

After the nerfs? Definitely. Most of act 6 isnt too bad in my opinion. Although 6.2 is still pretty rough in a certain place. That said, the rewards have been pretty devalued by July 4th deals and Cyber weekend deals.

Great point. Why play tummy sticks with Act 6 exploration RNG rewards when you can select T5cc frags via Act 7 and July 4th deals?
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I'm about the same progression as you. I just got Act 6 done about 2 weeks ago then 7.1, a week ago. All that is left is Act 6 , V5, V6, and 7.1 Exploration or an Abyss run. I'm now at 56% of a mutant T5CC.

My initial plan was to explore 6.1 for a 25% T5CC because it was the easiest then go for V6 then 7.1. But after calculating the energy cost and ROI, exploring 7.1 is more efficient.

Exploring 6.1 will give you a random 25% T5CC, a few 5/6* shards, and an okay rankup gem. Exploring 7.1 will give you a random 25% T5CC, a 25% T5CC selector, a 6* Nexus, tons of T5 Basic, some T2As, and more. The energy cost is also less than exploring 6.1. If I pull a 25% Mutant from the random, then I'll be Thronebreaker, if not, I'll proceed to 6.1 then V6, then V5, then 6.3, and if I still don't have a full T5CC, the Abyss.

Exploring Act 6 will cost a lot and there are a lot of paths that screams Roster Check. It is still worth it but go for the more efficient option first, which is Act 7.1. I'm currently at 70% right now. Skipped a few paths that were not suicides friendly and will tackle them in one go after turning suicides off.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    No
  • quy_beuquy_beu Posts: 47
    Cuz u arent TB so it is absolutely not worth exploring act6
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I’m sorry if I was unclear, I did get a skill t5cc with the fragments and took up hit monkey for TB
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I’m sorry if I was unclear, I did get a skill t5cc with the fragments and took up hit monkey for TB

The only factor I would consider is the time. If you have the time, go for exploration. Don't expect great rewards from crystals because most probably will be a disappointment. The resource you get from exploring them will make your roster better eventually.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Unless you have the time, roster and skill to 100% it, at minimal cost and have no other content available with better rewards for the time commitment, I would say no, unless you are in a high end progression alliance where high prestige and multiple 3/45 6*s is critical.

The only things it has that are uniquely rare, at the moment, is the full t5cc and 6* Awakening?

EQ, events, AQ are probably the best time for rewards, with variants after those from the static content in my view and if you have abyss solutions, first completion there too.

Unless you are in a progression alliance, you don't need the prestige and there are cheaper (in units and time), more affordable ways to get t5cc. In addition, as more act 7 and variants and events are released, the value in act 6 100% rewards will dwindle over time, with possibly only the Awakening in a year or so still retaining real value.

Want t2a? T5cc? T5b? 6* shards? Every month there are better options than act 6.

If you smash through the event, and both cav and UC EQ in 2 weeks and are twiddling you thumbs (literally and metaphorically), have v3-6 100%, act 7.1 100% first abyss run done or the whole thing.. then yeah, go for it. But if you've any of those other content left, you may find leaving act 6 to rot, is a sensible use of your time and units.

Until you have a battery of rank 3 or even 4 6* and can face roll it.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    As someone who has explored v4, 5 & 6, completed v3, one Abyss path and explored 7.1 for me it isn't. I already have two 6R3 and am close to a 3rd (well close to a t5cc in 2 classes so whichever forms first I'll take someone up).

I didn't even explore 6.1fully - went back in a few weeks ago, looked at the number of paths and energy, and decided to finish 7.1 instead.

I might on a slow month, but up until now v6 & 7.1 made more sense especially with the path resources in 7.1. When 7.2 comes out that will decide for me whether I move on with it, or go back to get t5cc crystals form act 6.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    I recently got TB from 100% 7.1 (rank3 Professor X) and occasionally go back and do a lane, that's usually enough to remind me why I'm not going to 100% act 6. It's just mean-spirited content. I'm very content with t5cc in the monthly eq, special tasks, glory store, and calendar.