**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MCOC Community in a nutshell

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Denzel116 said:

ItsDamien said:

Community: Utility is more important than damage! This is why Domino is over rated! All damage! Unreliable utility!

Kabam: *releases updated Yellowjacket with more Utility and average damage*

Community: OMG Yellowjacket buff sucks! His damage is so average!

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Those same people also act like CGR is the second coming of God.

Oh wait....he’s not?
    If the only thing you care about is damage, sure I guess he is. Go explore Act 6 with him and let me know how that goes though.
    You are acting as if he can't do anything in act 6.
    If he can do it, plenty of other champs can as well though.
    So?
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Can't have nice things?

Not really imo. They're there. People just need to learn to appreciate.

I do agree with the main point being raised.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Denzel116 said:

ItsDamien said:

Community: Utility is more important than damage! This is why Domino is over rated! All damage! Unreliable utility!

Those same people also act like CGR is the second coming of God.

Oh wait....he’s not?
    If the only thing you care about is damage, sure I guess he is. Go explore Act 6 with him and let me know how that goes though.
    You are acting as if he can't do anything in act 6.
    If he can do it, plenty of other champs can as well though.
    So?
    So that's basically the stick the same people that rave about CGR use to beat other champs that have little to no utility and are all damage is all I'm getting at.
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    ya naileed it
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

3 words. God Tier Syndrome. On one hand, people want Champs buffed that are collecting dust. On the other, the second we hear they're getting reworked, all kinds of expectations are built about them being the next God. If they don't show big yellow numbers, or make Doom look like Kamala, people say the buff was a flop. Only, the point of the buff wasn't to create a new God Tier. It was to update some existing Champions. God Tier Syndrome. If it isn't God Tier, it isn't recognized.

actually saw this really interesting comment thread on YouTube (idk where) but some guy said super Skrull was good because he wasn’t like crazy broken or totally op like CGR, and was just a solid addition to the class. Some other guy was like, nah he sucks because he isn’t broken beyond god tier

was weird
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

3 words. God Tier Syndrome. On one hand, people want Champs buffed that are collecting dust. On the other, the second we hear they're getting reworked, all kinds of expectations are built about them being the next God. If they don't show big yellow numbers, or make Doom look like Kamala, people say the buff was a flop. Only, the point of the buff wasn't to create a new God Tier. It was to update some existing Champions. God Tier Syndrome. If it isn't God Tier, it isn't recognized.

actually saw this really interesting comment thread on YouTube (idk where) but some guy said super Skrull was good because he wasn’t like crazy broken or totally op like CGR, and was just a solid addition to the class. Some other guy was like, nah he sucks because he isn’t broken beyond god tier

was weird
    Yeah. I mean there's a fine line between appreciating strong Champs and not seeing the value of others. In terms of the buffs, they were a success in my mind for 2 reasons. First, they are better than they were before, and secondly the next person who pulls them will get more use out of them than they would have pre-buff. For me that's the ultimate objective. Not that they become a more appealing option over others.
  • Options
    Invicta_HellionInvicta_Hellion Posts: 220 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

Can't agree any more than that!!! Well said...words of a sage
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★

I think if a buff isn't that level you were talking about people get disappointed because they already have better champs that do what the new buff champ does but better. With all these busted broken op champs it's hard not to be disappointed when one isn't there I guess. I mean why use yellow jacket if you can use another champ that does what he does but in prob a third of the hits and third of the time. Why use resources on him if he won't help you in any decent way?
  • Options
    FancysonFancyson Posts: 75
    Personally, I feel like the buffs this month were overall very successful additions. Moleman terrax and king pin are all very viable champions now even if they aren't the best of their class by any means. Even YJ is viable in niche scenarios where you need heal reversal or power sting.
    I understand why people would be dissapointed especially if they had a 6 star YJ. But considering they buffed 4 champions this month, it's hard to expect all of them to hit insanely hard.
    I think the backlash with DDHK was much more warranted since his buff was a supposed to be a complete overhaul and because he is borderline unplayable depending on your masteries.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

was weird
    These guys who are susceptible to the God Tier Syndrome relies on their OP champions because they can't really play that well.

Oooof!
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

That's an extremely low bar though. They could just as well increase health by 1% and the rework will still be better than the original. I think people were expecting more after seeing colossus and Magneto reworks. I think almost everyone understands all the reworks cannot be crazy OP.

What many people don't understand is reworks like DDHK, Kingpin, YJ are not aimed at established rosters, because these ones will always have better options. If it is a moderate account pulling a 6 star for the first time, pulling a Kingpin last month would be heartbreaking, while pulling him this month will make them feel relatively happy.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

I think if a buff isn't that level you were talking about people get disappointed because they already have better champs that do what the new buff champ does but better. With all these busted broken op champs it's hard not to be disappointed when one isn't there I guess. I mean why use yellow jacket if you can use another champ that does what he does but in prob a third of the hits and third of the time. Why use resources on him if he won't help you in any decent way?
    See, that’s the problem. Buffs are not meant to replace god tier champs. They never were. They are meant to make champs usable so that when you get them as a 5* or 6* and are newer to the game, they are not going to be disappointed. The buffs aren’t catering to the higher level players with tons of 5*s, they’re catering to the players about to get UC or something and just pulled a Yellowjacket.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

That's an extremely low bar though. They could just as well increase health by 1% and the rework will still be better than the original. I think people were expecting more after seeing colossus and Magneto reworks. I think almost everyone understands all the reworks cannot be crazy OP.

What many people don't understand is reworks like DDHK, Kingpin, YJ are not aimed at established rosters, because these ones will always have better options. If it is a moderate account pulling a 6 star for the first time, pulling a Kingpin last month would be heartbreaking, while pulling him this month will make them feel relatively happy.
    They were upfront about it being moderate. Even back to the announcement on Twitter. They specified moderate. There isn't likely the same comparison goal with these buffs as Players have. They're aimed more at bringing them somewhere closer to the middle if not higher. The idea is to raise the lower. Not push the upper.
  • Options
    There is also a culture of bashing people who criticize kabam. Either in terms of content difficulty or resource availability or Champions released or upgrades. Certain people come and start bashing them to 'git gud' or 'quit'.
  • Options
    Some might turn out to be Colossus-esque, but that's not a standard to measure all buffs. They can't all be like that.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

They were upfront about it being moderate. Even back to the announcement on Twitter. They specified moderate. There isn't likely the same comparison goal with these buffs as Players have. They're aimed more at bringing them somewhere closer to the middle if not higher. The idea is to raise the lower. Not push the upper.
    Announcements must be made in the forums. I don't understand why relatively important communication comes outside of the forums. I am not in twitter, so I basically don't receive these updates.

Anyway, I agree with your point, all reworks cannot be colossus or Magneto.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Sungj said:

So that's basically the stick the same people that rave about CGR use to beat other champs that have little to no utility and are all damage is all I'm getting at.

To say CGR doesn't have utility is just ridiculous. Immunities right off the bat makes him more than just a damage champion. Makes him viable for biohazard, 100% bleed nodes, energy adoption fire, thermal gauge (i think its called), thermostat, etc. His fate seal is actually very accessible when awakened so he can absolutely wreck Juggernaut, Annihilus, Vision Aarkus, he even works well for 6.2 champion if you play well, etc.

I used him in exploring deep into act 6 and act 7. Melted through 6.4 thermostat vision Aarkus even unawakened, worked great for the tricky guardian fight in act 7 even with nodes that made throwing off specials way more difficult.

The argument that some champs can also do fights so it makes champ A less good is asinine. You could say the same thing about champs like Sorcerer Supreme, Colossus, Cap IW. CGR absolutely can be the best option for a fight given he literally has the highest burst damage in the game and enough utility to make him end game viable to boot.

Anyone that says CGR is just damage therefore overhyped obviously haven't utilized him in endgame content or can't play him particularly well because he can work great in most end game content areas
    Thank you for this, people who say CGR has no or little utility are so clueless.
  • Options
    007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Go start the game over bud.
    If you get your first 4 or 5 star as YellowJacket.
    Go ahead and play around act 5.1.
    Let's see how you feel.

At this stage of the game. The base damage is absolute first priority.
    Ofcourse utility comes 2nd.
    Don't just blindly praise everything cause you have a good roster.

If you are telling me you will rank him up max him out use 200 sig stones and taoe him to reverse regen
    Instead cap void torch gulli
    U r lying to yourself and creating mass confusion.

They should have taken 5.4 as the base quest to upgrade this champs.
    It is what it is.
    A minimum yellow numebr around 2 to 4k
    With base damage and 10 to 15 k with spacial is needed.
    If not then a mechanism like crossbones. Not yellow numbers but deep red numbers around.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Sungj said:

To say CGR doesn't have utility is just ridiculous. Immunities right off the bat makes him more than just a damage champion. Makes him viable for biohazard, 100% bleed nodes, energy adoption fire, thermal gauge (i think its called), thermostat, etc. His fate seal is actually very accessible when awakened so he can absolutely wreck Juggernaut, Annihilus, Vision Aarkus, he even works well for 6.2 champion if you play well, etc.

I used him in exploring deep into act 6 and act 7. Melted through 6.4 thermostat vision Aarkus even unawakened, worked great for the tricky guardian fight in act 7 even with nodes that made throwing off specials way more difficult.

The argument that some champs can also do fights so it makes champ A less good is asinine. You could say the same thing about champs like Sorcerer Supreme, Colossus, Cap IW. CGR absolutely can be the best option for a fight given he literally has the highest burst damage in the game and enough utility to make him end game viable to boot.

Anyone that says CGR is just damage therefore overhyped obviously haven't utilized him in endgame content or can't play him particularly well because he can work great in most end game content areas
    I've never said anything remotely close to CGR isn't anything but a great champ. I've said that his fanbois overhype him to know end and they do. If you're going to seriously try to tell me that he's the go to option when you want buff/power control I don't think that it's me saying anything asinine.

His utility outside his immunities is grossly overrated by some of you. If you like using him in those situations, fantastic. That doesn't make him a great option for them.

My point wasn't to slight CGR but just to point out the hypocrisy so many people here have when they're really talking about their favorite champs and not actually talking about who's "better". Any champ is only as effective as the person using them can make them. Swedeah in particular has done some silly stuff with some mediocre at best champs, that doesn't make the champs any better or worse just shows what someone skilled can actually do with a lot of champs deemed less worthy by most.

Sungj said:

Thank you for this, people who say CGR has no or little utility are so clueless.
    There's not a single time I would ever take a single thing you say about any champ even remotely seriously. You're exactly the type of person I'm talking about when I bring up people arguing about champs they don't have doing content they haven't done.