**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So Yellow Jacket Just Has 0 Armor Now?

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Using a 5 Star Rank 5 for Both Examples, Auntm.ai Snapshot shows Pre Buff Stats and Unowned Champions Info Snapshot shows Post Buff Stats.

He got 1130.77 Physical Resistance and 4900 Energy Resistance from the Buff, but...

Comments

• Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    It matters not
  • Options

It matters not

In certain situations it could, so many Nodes, I swear I remember at least one that watched your Armor Rating.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Curious if those are just Disagree Spammers or people that are attempting to Disagree with a Statement on the main post... 😂🤣
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

• Options

It matters not

In certain situations it could, so many Nodes, I swear I remember at least one that watched your Armor Rating.
    I cannot think of many situations in which the lower armor rating would be better than the combined larger physical and energy ratings.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    kinda makes sense with the resistance that man has
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

It matters not

I cannot think of many situations in which the lower armor rating would be better than the combined larger physical and energy ratings.
    Oh I always forget to look into this, how do the Resistances and Armor Stats scale compared to each other?

As in does 500 Physical Resist, 500 Energy Resist, and 500 Armor Rating all block the same amount of damage?

Also let's be clear here I never said to have 1 over the other.
  • Options
    007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Very very bad buff
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

It matters not

Oh I always forget to look into this, how do the Resistances and Armor Stats scale compared to each other?

As in does 500 Physical Resist, 500 Energy Resist, and 500 Armor Rating all block the same amount of damage?

Also let's be clear here I never said to have 1 over the other.
    They all scale identically. Actually, this is not common knowledge but they *stack*. Which is to say, if you're attacked by an attack that deals physical damage and you have armor and physical resistance, your actual damage mitigation is the sum of the two. So if you have 500 armor and 1200 physical resistance, you will resist a physical damage attack as if you had 1700 armor.

Also, armor only works against attacks. Resistances work against all damage sources (of the right type). In particular, resistances work against damage over time effects, while armor generally does not.

So in a sense Yellowjacket traded 525 armor for 1131 armor against physical damage and 4900 armor against energy damage, and that armor works against all damage sources. The only corner case where the original 525 armor would have been better would be against a hypothetical attack that dealt non-energy non-physical damage that did not bypass armor (like true damage or direct damage which I believe ignores armor). There aren't lots of those out there I don't think.

Outside of that kind of situation, Yellowjacket in a sense upgraded his "armor" to higher values that work in more situations.
    Good to know. (Though True Damage/Strike ignores All Resistances And Armor so either way it's bypassing, I believe the only Direct Damage Types that can't be avoided are along the lines of Abilities like Venom the Duck's Toxic Armor Burst Damage which there's no Immunity or Resistance to unlike Bleed for example.)

Anyways if they all Stack and Scale the same I was wondering why they then just removed it all for only Resistance instead of just keeping the Armor the same then taking that amount away from the Resistances, which would still lead to the same Damage Reduction.