**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Energy cap to be higher

PhotimePhotime Posts: 66
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Will we ever get more energy? With the new cavalier questing and some side questing requiring energy. It’s challenging for F2P players having sufficient amount of energy to clearing all contents. Please kabam have a look into increasing the energy cap!!! Other games like swgoh has 144 energy cap! They can sleep in and not worry about wasting energy as most people sleep on average 8-9 hours a day!
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    If they make more levels, maybe. Don’t expect it any time soon.
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    AMEN
  • Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I just don’t see it working out.

What rewards would we all expect per level after 60?

Would we want masters? Wouldn’t mess with the balance of masteries?

I can’t see them making more than 5% of the community happy with any rewards they choose. Obviously without choosing what we all want the most.
  • Options
    Photime said:

Will we ever get more energy? With the new cavalier questing and some side questing requiring energy. It’s challenging for F2P players having sufficient amount of energy to clearing all contents. Please kabam have a look into increasing the energy cap!!! Other games like swgoh has 144 energy cap! They can sleep in and not worry about wasting energy as most people sleep on average 8-9 hours a day!

Without the Sigil players recover one energy point every six minutes, or ten points of energy per hour. That's 240 energy per day. Let's assume you sleep for ten hours a day. You'd lose three hours of energy a day or 30 energy points, which would leave you with 210. Let's also say you let your energy cap out and only play three or four times a day, and lose 10 more points of energy per day by capping out. That leaves you with 200 points of energy per day, or about 6000 points of energy per month. But let's look at the worst case scenario, February, where you will only have about 5600 energy in the month.

The average monthly EQ difficulty tier takes something like 1300-1400 energy to fully explore, if I recall correctly. So in this hypothetical scenario where you sleep ten hours a day, keep letting your energy cap out during the day, and never use a single energy refill (and most players earn those here and there), you have enough energy to fully explore four full difficulty tiers.

Is it possible for an F2P player who actually tries to fully explore everything? Sure. Assume they sleep 9 hours a day and don't cap their energy. They lose 20 energy per day, so they get 220 per day. In the typical month they would get about 6600 energy. With just the scattering of energy refills you can pick up doing content, that is probably enough to fully explore all five difficulties.

While I do have the Sigil, which increases my total energy by about 10% (it increases energy generated by 20%, but factoring in the effects of the energy cap and my 8 hours of sleep, its closer to 9% additional energy) I'm generally capable of clearing all the monthly content that requires quest energy within the first three weeks or so, between natural energy and energy refills I get for free from gameplay. That implies that if I did not have the Sigil, I would still be completing everything with plenty of time to spare (the Sigil is only adding about 500 energy points or so in those first three weeks, which is just a few days of energy).

Even when side quests require quest energy, I've never come close to running out of energy in the month. I have had months where I was forced to let energy refills expire, because I didn't have anything left to spend them on. In fact, to prevent that from happening, when I get close to fully exploring all of the monthly quest content I start burning energy in the daily catalyst quests just to pick up stuff with that energy, so I'm running out of things to do closer to the end of the month.

So I think there's plenty of energy available for free to play players to do basically everything. It may take a little bit of energy management to do it, but that's not asking for much to do literally every monthly difficulty tier including autofighting through Normal.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    School is in session, and Professor @DNA3000 is dishing out diplomas of truth.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I don’t like energy at all. Adds another limit to the game to the point where you have to spend units to keep playing the game. That being said I’ve come this far with an energy limit and it’s getting better. Act 7 costs less. Variants are tuning down energy costs. And like said before, if you space out energy consumption you don’t feel worried about completing monthly content.

I don’t like energy limits but can live with this one.
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    I've been level 60 for a few years now. I miss being able to earn experience points, it's nice to feel like your progressing.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I did Heroic, Master, UC and Cav EQ 100% this month (and a path of Abyss if I'm factoring in any substantial energy use other than 1 or 2 energy in RoL when I'm bored and want to test a synergy team).

I burned all 10 of my full energy refills at the time on just Cav EQ 100%, as I do each month to get it done for the rewards ASAP.

I'm now sat back on 11 energy refills.

I sleep a lot. 10 hours minimum.

There's a lot of free energy if you use it. If you need more refills, 30 units isn't much to get in arena.
  • Options
    PhotimePhotime Posts: 66
    DNA3000 said:

Photime said:

Without the Sigil players recover one energy point every six minutes, or ten points of energy per hour. That's 240 energy per day. Let's assume you sleep for ten hours a day. You'd lose three hours of energy a day or 30 energy points, which would leave you with 210. Let's also say you let your energy cap out and only play three or four times a day, and lose 10 more points of energy per day by capping out. That leaves you with 200 points of energy per day, or about 6000 points of energy per month. But let's look at the worst case scenario, February, where you will only have about 5600 energy in the month.

The average monthly EQ difficulty tier takes something like 1300-1400 energy to fully explore, if I recall correctly. So in this hypothetical scenario where you sleep ten hours a day, keep letting your energy cap out during the day, and never use a single energy refill (and most players earn those here and there), you have enough energy to fully explore four full difficulty tiers.

Is it possible for an F2P player who actually tries to fully explore everything? Sure. Assume they sleep 9 hours a day and don't cap their energy. They lose 20 energy per day, so they get 220 per day. In the typical month they would get about 6600 energy. With just the scattering of energy refills you can pick up doing content, that is probably enough to fully explore all five difficulties.

While I do have the Sigil, which increases my total energy by about 10% (it increases energy generated by 20%, but factoring in the effects of the energy cap and my 8 hours of sleep, its closer to 9% additional energy) I'm generally capable of clearing all the monthly content that requires quest energy within the first three weeks or so, between natural energy and energy refills I get for free from gameplay. That implies that if I did not have the Sigil, I would still be completing everything with plenty of time to spare (the Sigil is only adding about 500 energy points or so in those first three weeks, which is just a few days of energy).

Even when side quests require quest energy, I've never come close to running out of energy in the month. I have had months where I was forced to let energy refills expire, because I didn't have anything left to spend them on. In fact, to prevent that from happening, when I get close to fully exploring all of the monthly quest content I start burning energy in the daily catalyst quests just to pick up stuff with that energy, so I'm running out of things to do closer to the end of the month.

So I think there's plenty of energy available for free to play players to do basically everything. It may take a little bit of energy management to do it, but that's not asking for much to do literally every monthly difficulty tier including autofighting through Normal.
    Do you take into consideration of the catalysts as well, which include the basic and class catalyst? I play all of those and I never seem to have enough energy.