**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should we have more T2A in rewards?

ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
As an End Game player, I have completed all quest except the Abyss exploration. I noticed that my t5b always overflow, but I just couldn't get enough T2A to rank up champions. I'm not sure if this is the same situation for you guys?

Should we have more T2A in rewards? 73 votes

Yes, more T2A please
73%
DL864DrZolaEb0ny-O-M4wChadhoganMagicBentonWorld EaterNightCrackernameplasG0311simolazyuwJakearoundShrimpRScopeotoe987TitoBandito187Grootman1294Little_Crocodili29AldacRockypantherxMrPadz 54 votes
No, I have got enough T2A
15%
SnizzbarSpity68AzKicker316BuckyBruhCowboyschamploo1JollyHawkXdSpoodermanxDCrcrcrcSilver_GooseWooptyfrickendooSpiderHammy 11 votes
Need more ISO as well?
10%
Hera1d_of_Ga1actusGreekhitihate8745SkyLord7000odishika123AmnetiesScrubhanScaroladipo 8 votes
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    Hell yeah, people shouldn't have to let T5B expire just cause Kabam won't give us enough T2A.
  • Options
    Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    T2A and iso need increases. Just taking a 6* to R2 drains my iso stash
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    I’m holding off on finishing variant 6 becuz I don’t want the two tier5 basics to go into overflow.
  • Options
    Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    I need iso, but i have an absurd amount of t2a. Might just be me tho.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    I have 2 t5b and 18 t2a. And I haven't even been doing a lot of story content
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I feel like those that have T2A problems are ones that are running high map AQs where they need to use items, or those running high tier wars, where they need items, so their glory spend is focused on potions and whatever more than the T2A. I don't have massive T2A problems, but I also don't run stupidly high AQ maps and I don't do war at all either.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    I thhink the sqs recently have been really skimpy on cats, which could be a reason. I'm not complaining since the shards have been bonkers
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    Got 18x T5 basic's in the stash a couple if weeks ago ... Sure I'll take a couple more of T2A.
    Fortunatly was able to spend a couple of them, now I'm with 5 in the stash, but I'm lacking other resources
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    Crcrcrc said:

How many 6* R2/R3 do you have
    How many 5* R5 do you have
    How many 5* R4 do you have

Just curious.

I'd youre not ranking them often, that makes sense, but The more your roster grows, the more T2A is needed.

I'm not ranking 5* anymore for the most part... A few to R5 that have been R4 for awhile already, but very few and lots of time between rankups lately.

T2A and iso have been very tight for me the past couple of months. Glory store is really the main source... A little bit has come in from TB daily crystals, but only a smaaaall amount. Actually have t1a in overflow and some t4cc as well (and 25 unopened t4cc crystals since most are close to max now).
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Just curious.

I'd youre not ranking them often, that makes sense, but The more your roster grows, the more T2A is needed.

I'm not ranking 5* anymore for the most part... A few to R5 that have been R4 for awhile already, but very few and lots of time between rankups lately.

T2A and iso have been very tight for me the past couple of months. Glory store is really the main source... A little bit has come in from TB daily crystals, but only a smaaaall amount. Actually have t1a in overflow and some t4cc as well (and 25 unopened t4cc crystals since most are close to max now).
    0 6* rankups
    3 r5s
    8 r4s
    I'm lower on the rank up spectrum than most but this is a resource management game as well as a fighting game. I could have 30 r5s and still stash my t2a until I need it.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,110 ★★★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    Unless you’re working on act 6 100% or just finished act 6 100% there’s a pretty severe shortage of t2a. Especially when you compare it to how much t5b were getting
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    T1A, T2A, and ISO all need to be increased in obtainability.
  • Options
    The problem isn't as simple as a lack of T2A. It is really a more fundamental problem with the ratio between T2A and T5B. Most of the places where you can get T2A you can also get T5B. If the devs boosted the rewards of content that contains T2A but they boost both T2A and T5B proportionately, the same imbalance would exist.

You could lower the amount of T5B rewards entering the game, but of course players aren't going to go for that. So the alternative is to increase T2A relative to T5B. But you have to be careful about this as well, as some players (@BrianGrant mentioned it in a video recently) have pointed out, the current T2A/T5B imbalance is a product of the fact that the only uses for T5B at the moment are 5* rank 5 and 6* rank 2 and 3, all of which require T2A to perform. But 6* rank 4, when it finally arrives, will still require T5B (in huge amounts if the costs remain as shown) but won't require T2A, flipping the ratio around.

So we need to address the T2A/T5B ratio in a way that Cavalier and Thronebreaker players (and below) can address the T2A shortage today without flooding them with resources they won't need as much as they progress higher (when that option becomes available). And I think the best way to do that is to make T2A cheaper for Cavalier and especially Thronebreaker players to acquire optionally. For example, the Glory store is a good place to increase T2A availability because when players need it they can buy it, but when they don't they aren't flooded with it. It was recently increased in availability, but I think it probably needs to be even cheaper. T2A costs 400 glory for 10800 fragments, or 0.3 of a catalyst, ignoring cost scaling. That's 1333 per T2A. I think if those costs dropped to 400 glory for 18000 (half a catalyst) for TB players that wouldn't be excessive, especially because cost escalation already places a soft cap on how much players can extract from the glory store per cycle.

But I think there's another way to tackle the T2A problem, and that's to look at the source of the imbalance. Throughout the game, T2A and T5B often come together; when you can earn one you can often earn the other. There are a lot of weird ratios, but the overall ratio hovers somewhere around two to one overall: for every T5B you earn you can earn about two T2A, plus or minus.

That's actually a reasonable ratio for ranking up 6* champs: the costs for r2 is 3:7 (T5B:T2A) and for r3 it is 4:8. In both cases about two to one. The problem is 5* rank ups. R5 requires two T5B and six T2A, a 1:3 ratio. And every R5 requires an R4 rank up first which requires four T2A and zero T5B. The actual ratio to take 5* to R5 is 2:10, or a five to one ratio between T2A and T5B. It is that cost that is unsustainable when you're generally earning T2A and T5B at a two to one ratio.

This imbalance forces Thronebreaker players and higher tier Cavalier players to switch to focusing on 6* rank ups over 5* rank ups much quicker than probably intended. Every 5* champ you take to R5 can be one or more 6* champs you can't rank up - which in and of itself is a reasonable choice - but also several T5B that will expire unused, which is a much less palatable choice. If we pump a lot of T2A into the game economy we'd be increasing the amount of 6* rank up resources. But if we add 5* rank up gems to the game we'd be allowing Cavalier and Thronebreaker players the greater flexibility to rank up 5* champs without starving their 6* champs of one specific rank up catalyst.

I think between adding 5* rank up gems to higher Cav and TB players rewards and increasing the glory store availability of T2A, we could tackle the T2A imbalance in a reasonable way without causing problems upstream when 6* r4 becomes available and without flooding the game with more rank up resources indiscriminantly.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Just curious.

0 6* rankups
    3 r5s
    8 r4s
    I'm lower on the rank up spectrum than most but this is a resource management game as well as a fighting game. I could have 30 r5s and still stash my t2a until I need it.
    Thanks for the honesty. That's the kicker though, you're roster isn't requiring a ton of T2A at present. You're gonna start getting more 5* and 6* in rapid succession and need to make those rankups for specific nodes and counters. Sure, we can all wait 2-3-4 months for a single rankup, but in what game besides MCOC is waiting that long"normal". .. and is having to wait that long, really a fun aspect of the game?

Kabam is literally handing out shards in events now, but nothing to make use of them. You're going to be fine at your progression for awhile, especially with variant rankup gems filling the gaps for awhile. But once those become useless (have a few year restricted ones and not a single champ they can be used on) and you focus on 6* a bit more, that's where iso and T2A go south quick and that's maybe 2, but likely 1 or less rankups a month.

If kabam thinks players are going to keep waiting around to rank up one champ, that's an issue. We're close to the tipping point for a lack of reward to effort ratio. @DNA3000 touched on quite a bit and would love to see Kabam take at least some of that honest feedback into consideration sooner than later.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    The shortage of tier 2a but abudance of t5b on cyber monday forced me to use all my glory on t2a. This trend seems to have continued through things like variant rewards etc
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    I have 2 t2a in the overflow
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Yes, more T2A please
    Bring on the T2a arena....

Seriously, why are these things the bottleneck? It feels like they ebb and flow so fast. One minute I’ve got 6 in stash and T2a-rich content everywhere and the next I’ve got 3 total and running Master to get shavings.

Dr. Zola

EDIT: Game team—this is not a plea for a 3 T2a for $49.99 offer tomorrow.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Yes, more T2A please
    I currently have 13 T5B, like 1k in iso (mainly small bricks), and 0 T2A. All I buy in the glory store is T2A now, but with all the champs I want to take up I just can’t keep up.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Seriously, why are these things the bottleneck? It feels like they ebb and flow so fast. One minute I’ve got 6 in stash and T2a-rich content everywhere and the next I’ve got 3 total and running Master to get shavings.

Dr. Zola

I don't think T2A is a deliberate bottleneck, but an accidental one created when Kabam actually added too much T5B to flow into the game.

But I also think the Kabam developers have an inexplicable blindspot when it comes to T2A. Either their data is flawed, or they are interpreting it in a way I cannot figure out. Take the milestone rewards for 22 hr solo events. Milestone four has 750 T5B fragments. Milestone *five* has 1200 T2A fragments. This is bizarre, because this means it is easier to get T5B than T2A, which is backwards. Also, in percentage terms the ratio of T2A to T5B represented in those fragments is about two to one. Again, that's approximately the ratio that 6* champs use, but far lower than the ratio that 5* champs use. So the milestone reward ratio for the 22 hour solo event is tuned for high-tier Thronebreakers: people ranking *only* 6* champs, and not spending any catalysts on 5* r4/r5 rankups. Is that logical?

Since not everyone gets every milestone, the actual ratio of T2A to T5B flowing into the game from this event must be lower than two to one, because some people get only the T5B milestone, and some people get both, and some people get neither, but no one can get the T2A and not the T5B. So why is the reward structured that way, when it seems to make no logical sense in terms of the game resource economy? Don't know.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I'm currently exploring 7.1 and I definitely noticed the influx of T5Bs that is not in proportion with the amount of T2A I'm getting. I'm also ranking a lot of champs now in comparison to a month or two ago, so I'm also hungry for T4Bs, T1As, and ISOs. I understand that resource management is also a part of the game but it's really satisfying to have the ability to rankup faster than ever. Lol.
  • Options
    Yes, more T2A please
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I don't think T2A is a deliberate bottleneck, but an accidental one created when Kabam actually added too much T5B to flow into the game.

But I also think the Kabam developers have an inexplicable blindspot when it comes to T2A. Either their data is flawed, or they are interpreting it in a way I cannot figure out. Take the milestone rewards for 22 hr solo events. Milestone four has 750 T5B fragments. Milestone *five* has 1200 T2A fragments. This is bizarre, because this means it is easier to get T5B than T2A, which is backwards. Also, in percentage terms the ratio of T2A to T5B represented in those fragments is about two to one. Again, that's approximately the ratio that 6* champs use, but far lower than the ratio that 5* champs use. So the milestone reward ratio for the 22 hour solo event is tuned for high-tier Thronebreakers: people ranking *only* 6* champs, and not spending any catalysts on 5* r4/r5 rankups. Is that logical?

Since not everyone gets every milestone, the actual ratio of T2A to T5B flowing into the game from this event must be lower than two to one, because some people get only the T5B milestone, and some people get both, and some people get neither, but no one can get the T2A and not the T5B. So why is the reward structured that way, when it seems to make no logical sense in terms of the game resource economy? Don't know.
    Yes to this...

My sense is that they painted themselves into a corner as it relates to rankup materials; however, they’ve been doing something like that for a while. Before it was T2a, it was something else I cannot recall—but it doesn’t seem like it’s ever been this pronounced.

One other option that would help is taking a hard look where cat requirements overlap and perhaps making an adjustment or two.

For example, T4b cats are required rankup materials spanning from 4* up to 6*. T1a cats are required rankup materials for all levels of 4*/5* except for R2 4*. And T2a cats span the last 5* rankups and the first two 6* rankups.

Does that still make sense? Are there places where cat ratios could be changed? Not sure, but requirements are basically the other side of the equation to availability.

More T5b availability is good, but not when it’s just more stuff sitting in stash.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Yes, more T2A please
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Honestly, I was joking...

But let me see if this works: pretty please don’t offer us T5c shard crystals for 10 units each tomorrow.

Dr. Zola