**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Void

Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Can someone please explain to me why Void is so amazing? Is he still great without despair? Please don't take me wrong, I'm a pretty new void user. I have him at sig 135. Any tips on using him are also appreciated
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Don't run him with suicides and spam sp1. His damage is decent but his utility is what makes him so amazing.
  • Options
    Terra said:

Don't run him with suicides and spam sp1. His damage is decent but his utility is what makes him so amazing.

Yet people complain about YJ :#
    I guess but void's passive damage makes him much better than YJ imo but I understand where you're coming from.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    @Onmix Nice write up. Thanks for the explanation!
  • Options
    At a high sig, he gains quite a bit of bonus attack from fotv. Let's him hit decently hard and pairs nicely since you ideally want fotv active for most of the time.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Void is the heal and power reversal king and degen damage from his debuffs helps you do damage even without hitting the opponent. He is also incinerate immune.
    Yj doesn't even come close in terms of versatility and damage both.
  • Options

Void is the heal and power reversal king and degen damage from his debuffs helps you do damage even without hitting the opponent. He is also incinerate immune.
    Yj doesn't even come close in terms of versatility and damage both.

Or design either. YJ feels kinda clunky while Void's combo flows so perfectly.
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 593 ★★
    I love Void he has great DOT he melts away most of my problems. R5 200sig can't get better than!!
  • Options
    Is void a good domino counter?
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

No
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

Yes. I use him for Domino on Tier 2 war on Power Snack and on Footloose.
    Used to do it on the Safeguard mini in the old map.
    You just need to be careful that you’re not “Unlucky” when FOTV would trigger because she can make it fail.

And you’re welcome! Hope it helped !
  • Options
    1Salty_Siren1Salty_Siren Posts: 50
    Also one little note is that his parry also causes damage.
    Onmix said:

He’s pretty good imo because of his way of dealing damage and utility.

Every unique debuff on the opponent degen them a certain amount.
    Void can inflict up to three unique debuffs via SP1 and another 2 via SP2 (technically three but never at the same time)
    The three debuffs he places via sp1 and over time are Petrify (reduce healing and power gain by 50%), Agility (reduce AAR of evade and extremity mastery by 30%) and Fatigue (reduces critical rating).

When duped, whenever you get two of each debuff you turn them into FOTV which increases your damage and the speed of which you generate debuffs. The FOTV passive provides the same benefits of the debuffs it used to be applied.
    That last point means when you stack the second set of debuffs or another FOTV you can have up to -200% regen and power rate (effectively reversing 100% of the regeneration and power gain), -120% Evade AAR (effectively preventing evade except some cases) and a flat value of reduced critical rating.
    He is also incinerate immune.

Now about the damage. As I mentioned, his main source of damage is not by hitting but by inflicting debuffs and having them degen the opponent.
    That means his damage is very much like a DOT. This also means he often doesn’t trigger nodes like rage, is very good for nodes like safeguard (because of the consistent damage) excellent against Thing (because you don’t trigger protection) or any other scenario where your regular hit damage would be capped.

The best rotation for him is to always use the sp1 to inflict your debuffs as fast as possible, therefore getting the damage and utility as quickly as possible.

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★

Also one little note is that his parry also causes damage.

Onmix said:

He’s pretty good imo because of his way of dealing damage and utility.

Every unique debuff on the opponent degen them a certain amount.
    Void can inflict up to three unique debuffs via SP1 and another 2 via SP2 (technically three but never at the same time)
    The three debuffs he places via sp1 and over time are Petrify (reduce healing and power gain by 50%), Agility (reduce AAR of evade and extremity mastery by 30%) and Fatigue (reduces critical rating).

When duped, whenever you get two of each debuff you turn them into FOTV which increases your damage and the speed of which you generate debuffs. The FOTV passive provides the same benefits of the debuffs it used to be applied.
    That last point means when you stack the second set of debuffs or another FOTV you can have up to -200% regen and power rate (effectively reversing 100% of the regeneration and power gain), -120% Evade AAR (effectively preventing evade except some cases) and a flat value of reduced critical rating.
    He is also incinerate immune.

Now about the damage. As I mentioned, his main source of damage is not by hitting but by inflicting debuffs and having them degen the opponent.
    That means his damage is very much like a DOT. This also means he often doesn’t trigger nodes like rage, is very good for nodes like safeguard (because of the consistent damage) excellent against Thing (because you don’t trigger protection) or any other scenario where your regular hit damage would be capped.

The best rotation for him is to always use the sp1 to inflict your debuffs as fast as possible, therefore getting the damage and utility as quickly as possible.

Well not technically. It's not his Parry itself that causes the damage (Like Colossus's) but it's the stun debuff from Parry that does. It counts as a debuff for Voids abilities
  • Options
    Thanks for the help @Kabam Zibiit