**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Weak in the knees node

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
I am confused about this node. Does it only apply to science champions?

In reading the description, it doesn't call out science champs for that particular node. Going by the description, Dragon Man should have the weakness passive removed because of either the slow or the ineptitude debuffs. Am I missing something?
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    I'm seeing it too with Corvus and capIW. Was thinking maybe for capIW, I was triggering the glance to prevent it?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    i've tried several champions and none are removing it.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    There is something wrong with the node tbh. An alliance mate tried it for the 4* challenge and barely did any damage even with all the furies from the other part of the node.

There is something wrong with the node tbh. An alliance mate tried it for the 4* challenge and barely did any damage even with all the furies from the other part of the node.

Its wayyyyy harder then the previous version and I think Kabam was wrong for this. basically they have to be under a non dmging debuff so anyother champ is RLLY nerfed by this. r1 HT had a tough time for this
    Was doing terrible damage even with the non-damaging debuff. Was doing parry MLM, but half the time the damage was basically nothing.
    And even with the weakness node on, when you have all the furies possible, shouldn't you still be hitting decent enough? Definitely wasn't the case.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

Its wayyyyy harder then the previous version and I think Kabam was wrong for this. basically they have to be under a non dmging debuff so anyother champ is RLLY nerfed by this. r1 HT had a tough time for this
    Was doing terrible damage even with the non-damaging debuff. Was doing parry MLM, but half the time the damage was basically nothing.
    And even with the weakness node on, when you have all the furies possible, shouldn't you still be hitting decent enough? Definitely wasn't the case.
    What champ and rank? The lane has 150k health and that friggin king groot or whatever..... He had like 300k health

I don't agree with anything you just said. HT can be used, he'll just always have the weakness passive.

My R3 6* Rhulk was doing okay damage once he built fury's up but it takes forever. But I do believe the node is broken.

My R3 6* Rhulk was doing okay damage once he built fury's up but it takes forever. But I do believe the node is broken.
    5* and 6* champs were decent. Main problem was the 4* challenge. Felt like Abyss was being done with a 4* since each hit was like a wet noodle even with parry.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Bring Mr. Fantastic along, ramp him on one fight and use his debuffs if you're running the lane entirely with Torch
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    https://youtu.be/DAn7GJPYgvc

SpiderGwen. No issues.

Torch also removed the weakness when the opponent was stunned (non damaging debuff). It’s almost instanteous.

Oh, also, I have no points in Pacify. 😊

I personally find that Pacify messes with the node interactions as it causes Conditional Nodes to go wonky at times due to the time of activation between stuns and abilities.

(Eg. When the opponent is stunned, and you have maxed Pacify, you have a 30% chance for the Weakness debuff to NOT go off upon stun activation. If you were to trigger more debuffs during this duration, because the Weakness debuff was not turned off already, it most likely will continue to persist until all the non-damaging debuffs wear off, and reset upon the next application of non-damaging debuff.

The EQ nodes are likely all “conditional” and not “per fight start” as they all require certain situations to occur before turning on/off.)

So.. getting messed up 30% of the time due to a mastery isn’t really what I enjoy given that it has pretty much limited use nowadays, since the days of Magik being everywhere in AWD.
    edited February 2021
    HI_guys said:

And don't tell pacify. Even without stun weakness isn't going

Frankly, it is Pacify.

If you don’t believe me, try recording 2 fights with maxed Pacify, then removing it and recording the same 2 fights. Watch the difference. 😊
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

SpiderGwen. No issues.

Torch also removed the weakness when the opponent was stunned (non damaging debuff). It’s almost instanteous.

I personally find that Pacify messes with the node interactions as it causes Conditional Nodes to go wonky at times due to the time of activation between stuns and abilities.

(Eg. When the opponent is stunned, and you have maxed Pacify, you have a 30% chance for the Weakness debuff to NOT go off upon stun activation. If you were to trigger more debuffs during this duration, because the Weakness debuff was not turned off already, it most likely will continue to persist until all the non-damaging debuffs wear off, and reset upon the next application of non-damaging debuff.

The EQ nodes are likely all “conditional” and not “per fight start” as they all require certain situations to occur before turning on/off.)

So.. getting messed up 30% of the time due to a mastery isn’t really what I enjoy given that it has pretty much limited use nowadays, since the days of Magik being everywhere in AWD.

Yeah that's why I also removed pacify as it was hindering the nodes that help the player in act 7.
    xNig said:

SpiderGwen. No issues.

Can you show a video of 4* damage? My 5* and 6* are able to clear. Hitting 900 damage as a 4* makes no sense to me. Since I don't run pacify.
    xNig said:

SpiderGwen. No issues.

@xNig I don't have any points in Pacify. But my other question is that is this node only applied to Science champs or all champs. it doesn't outright say Science only. Dragon Man applied both ineptitude and slow and the weakness never went away. I even tried with CapIW and wasn't able to remove anything.
  • It was definitely bugged. Void is supposed to be able to crush it, but my 4* did not remove weakness from the opponent, even for a second. This was last night, today morning, i completed the last lane of that chapter and my 5* void removed the weakness once the first debuff was placed. Quite odd.
    Sidenote: Kabam, that king groot was super annoying. On the "easy" lane, the health pools were over the place. 200k hp Surfer, then 120k health doom, then a 350k health KIng groot.... huh?
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

It was definitely bugged. Void is supposed to be able to crush it, but my 4* did not remove weakness from the opponent, even for a second. This was last night, today morning, i completed the last lane of that chapter and my 5* void removed the weakness once the first debuff was placed. Quite odd.
    Sidenote: Kabam, that king groot was super annoying. On the "easy" lane, the health pools were over the place. 200k hp Surfer, then 120k health doom, then a 350k health KIng groot.... huh?

Eeeh tbh it was just tedious cuz I used Hyperion and he only did like 12k sp2s with like 6 furys. And the surfer wasn’t actually that bad

It was definitely bugged. Void is supposed to be able to crush it, but my 4* did not remove weakness from the opponent, even for a second. This was last night, today morning, i completed the last lane of that chapter and my 5* void removed the weakness once the first debuff was placed. Quite odd.

I tried Void but he didnt remove it either.
    Faseeh said:

Its a really annoying node. The poisons draining my voids health and the defender playing passive and not coming into my parries

How is it draining your health? it has an 85% potency reduction for science champs.

xNig said:

SpiderGwen. No issues.

@xNig I don't have any points in Pacify. But my other question is that is this node only applied to Science champs or all champs. it doesn't outright say Science only. Dragon Man applied both ineptitude and slow and the weakness never went away. I even tried with CapIW and wasn't able to remove anything.
    It didn’t happen to me throughout the entire exploration of the entire quest (on 3 accounts). I’ve used SheHulk Quake SpiderGwen Void Torch, the weakness always went off, 100% of the time, the moment I applied a non-damaging debuff.
    HI_guys said:

I just can't remove the weakness for some reason. Parry stun dies not seem to work at all

Pacify again? Seriously try removing the mastery.
    HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

And don't tell pacify. Even without stun weakness isn't going

Frankly, it is Pacify.

If you don’t believe me, try recording 2 fights with maxed Pacify, then removing it and recording the same 2 fights. Watch the difference. 😊
    Nope. Did a fight without a single stun. Still not removing the weakness
    Who did you bring on your team? Check synergies, masteries etc for anything that causes debuffs to lower ability accuracy.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

SpiderGwen. No issues.

It didn’t happen to me throughout the entire exploration of the entire quest (on 3 accounts). I’ve used SheHulk Quake SpiderGwen Void Torch, the weakness always went off, 100% of the time, the moment I applied a non-damaging debuff.
    Word. I'll try again later. Going to record some more video. Maybe it's the same right now with persistent charges. They are working on and off as well. Yesterday my Apoc didn't have any and logged in hours later and they were there. So weird.
    https://youtu.be/2jTL7vEM33U

Tested out CptIW Wasp Torch LC and Void.