**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss planning for 100%

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips

I am going to bite the bullet and try and complete 100% the Abyss. I just have initial completion done so trying to plan paths for my roster. I figured I'd be using the following for all the rest of the paths but is there anyone else to add or swap out? How viable is Magneto for Abyss?
Aegon
Sym Supreme
Human Torch
Nick Fury

What are the remaining path attacker suggestions?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    I’d recommend bringing Heimdall
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Munash has some vids on youtube showcasing Magneto. He solos Darkhawk, KM, IMIW.
    I’ve been practising with my R5 version, it’s a trial & error thing. So far I’ve gotten Darkhawk down to 40% in 1 go 🤷‍♂️
    But seeing as you already have Torch on the team not sure if Magneto is a better option for said fights 🤔
    If not Magneto, maybe CG for KM?
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    He can solo a lot of fights. And im trying to explore right now as well, DEFINITELY bring Doom not SS. Also one path will need CG.
  • Options
    What path are you doing next?
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    How many units do you have?
  • Options

Whatever the next easiest path would be. Why doom over SS? My doom is only a 58 R5 but I have a R3 6*.
  • Options

Whatever the next easiest path would be. Why doom over SS? My doom is only a 58 R5 but I have a R3 6*.
    Doom has more consistent damage per hit in my opinion, and his power control is crucial. For Red Skull and Bishop on path 3 you kinda need Doom.
  • Options

Doom has more consistent damage per hit in my opinion, and his power control is crucial. For Red Skull and Bishop on path 3 you kinda need Doom.
    Gotcha. Is there a path order to go by?
  • Options
    i wouldnt bring SS. Doom can cover multiple bases. In my opinion, if you had a MrF he can save a lot of units as well.
    The main question is how comfortable are you to fight LC... That is what decides your team.
  • Options

i wouldnt bring SS. Doom can cover multiple bases. In my opinion, if you had a MrF he can save a lot of units as well.
    The main question is how comfortable are you to fight LC... That is what decides your team.

I don't really have a problem with fighting him. Easy specials to evade. I have a r3 5* MrF.
  • Options

Im doing 3, 2, 5, 4. Ive completed 2/3, 3 cost 3000 units of stuff, 2 cost 4,500 because i got destroyed by Green Goblin.
  • Options

I don't really have a problem with fighting him. Easy specials to evade. I have a r3 5* MrF.
    LC has an enigmatic that can cause troubles. Unblockable/unstoppable every 20 seconds until you intercept.
    The question is, will you power through with aegon, or bring a dedicated champ ( like ghost/She hulk/Stealthy) for that fight
  • Options

Im doing 3, 2, 5, 4. Ive completed 2/3, 3 cost 3000 units of stuff, 2 cost 4,500 because i got destroyed by Green Goblin.

LC has an enigmatic that can cause troubles. Unblockable/unstoppable every 20 seconds until you intercept.
    The question is, will you power through with aegon, or bring a dedicated champ ( like ghost/She hulk/Stealthy) for that fight
    So here's my thoughts for paths-

Path 2- Aegon, HT, Doom, NF, Stealthy
    I was thinking also to use Magneto for all the metal fights along the paths.

Path 3- Aegon, HT, Doom, Warlock or Colossus, Stealthy
    Same thing with Magneto here.

Path 4- Aegon, HT, Doom, CG, NF.

Path 5- Aegon, HT, Doom, CG, NF

Again, not sure if there's any other substitutes to think of or if I can swap Magneto out for anyone.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Magneto is fantastic for the abyss, and I reccomend Doom over Sym for it, especially for bishop.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Magneto is really good against all metal champs ... he is a better option against Thor rags, Modok, Yellow jacket, OR, Ghost than NF or Aegon. r3 mags can even solo Killmonger as well.

So I could swap out NF with Mags in pretty much all the rest of the paths?
  • Options

Magneto is fantastic for the abyss, and I reccomend Doom over Sym for it, especially for bishop.

Who would you replace on my suggested teams to put Mags in?
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★

This is the order I did it in as well. Three is definitely the next easiest. I rarely used NF if that helps with your Mags/NF debate. I didn’t use Mags either though. Warlock is better for Havok than colossus and Doom is definitely a must have over SS for exploration
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Who would you replace on my suggested teams to put Mags in?
    imo for paths 4 and 5 I would use magneto over heimdall. Path 2/3 You can keep heimdall it, its really up to you. But he can solo quite a few fights.
  • Options
    MyDyingBrideMyDyingBride Posts: 26
    I’d suggest to you to save your units for some other contents worth spending the amount of units that could used in Abyss, I’m Serious by the way.

The rewards I’ve got from Abyss exploration wasn’t even worth 10% of units I’ve spent.(only the generic AG was legit to be fair)

Science Nexus Crystal gave me all bad champions all over the others (even though I wanted one of the 3 HT/CAIW/Thing) I got none of them out of 10 selection , can you imagine !!!

6* shards used in featured got nothing from featured (KM duped now is sig 60 & Elsa) No One of new featured champion.

That was disappointing and I had to advise everyone else to think twice.

Good luck anyways.
  • Options
    Path 2- Aegon, HT, Doom, Mags, Stealthy

Path 3- Aegon, HT, Doom, Warlock, Mags

Path 4- Aegon, HT, Doom, CG, Mags

Path 5- Aegon, HT, Doom, CG, Mags

Is this fairly accurate?
  • Options

I’d suggest to you to save your units for some other contents worth spending the amount of units that could used in Abyss, I’m Serious by the way.

The rewards I’ve got from Abyss exploration wasn’t even worth 10% of units I’ve spent.(only the generic AG was legit to be fair)

Science Nexus Crystal gave me all bad champions all over the others (even though I wanted one of the 3 HT/CAIW/Thing) I got none of them out of 10 selection , can you imagine !!!

6* shards used in featured got nothing from featured (KM duped now is sig 60 & Elsa) No One of new featured champion.

That was disappointing and I had to advise everyone else to think twice.

Good luck anyways.

Thanks for the opinion. It sucks that you had that but i'm not going to skip content in fear of what the rewards are.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★

Is this fairly accurate?

Looks pretty solid. I will say if you’re planning on ramping Aegon up on DH or LC on path 3 then you don’t NEED warlock. Aegon won’t take plasma damage from Havok and seems kinda pointless to bring warlock for one fight. Warlock can get the one shot but even with Aegon it’s 2-3 revives max probably.

Also what’s your plan for GG on path 2 and Gulk on 4/5? Both are very painful fights
  • Options
    OGAvenger said:

Is this fairly accurate?

Looks pretty solid. I will say if you’re planning on ramping Aegon up on DH or LC on path 3 then you don’t NEED warlock. Aegon won’t take plasma damage from Havok and seems kinda pointless to bring warlock for one fight. Warlock can get the one shot but even with Aegon it’s 2-3 revives max probably.

Also what’s your plan for GG on path 2 and Gulk on 4/5? Both are very painful fights
    Can Magneto handle them? They're both metal champs.
  • Options
    Gulk isnt metal in abyss. correct me if im wrong.
  • Options
    my team for path 2 was HT MrF doom aegon and nf. MrF made darkhawk solo, put weakness on GG sp1 and sp2, pun99 sp1 and sp2, and made those fights so easy.