**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Angela confirmed for buff

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    IMO her regen could be made to be much more powerful and to trigger more. It’s a good utility and a champ like a rogue show you can be great without other immunities.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

So angela was just confirmed for one of the upcomming buffs. Will there be more? Why was angela of all chosen? Seems a bit weird

Angela , I think was chosen because she can make an immediate impact on someone’s roster , as she was one of the first 6*s in the game . A little value update is good for her. Her damage is good just lacking utility
    Technically speaking a value update doesn’t add utility, just enhances preexisting pieces and bumps damage. Atm she is damage and buffs and not much else (although there is some use in her simplicity). Hoping they maybe lend her a millstone for that dull blade and give her a bit of hard utility.
    You are right , but the right value update can effect a champ pretty significantly look at yellow jacket , and look at king pin. A tune up is just numbers. An update is numbers improvement & minor ability changes.

well they said yj and kingpin were getting an updates, while Mike said angela is getting a numbers buff, like terrax or mole man
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Stacking bleed with basic attacks, better regeneration, more powerful furies please 😁
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    That's surprising. She's already pretty decent on damage and has some utility (armor, fury, nulify resistance with sig), while there are cosmic champs like Phoenix, Nova, Heimdall, who better fit tune up imo
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I mean I always thought that she has been pretty average. Nice damage, nice regen, but her special attack damage was abismal. I hope she can get up there with the likes of Hyperion with this buff
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    I think that all she really needs is a tune/up addition to her sig ability. As it stands now, her sig is only useful if:

a) She is put as a defender

b) You are fighting nullify heavy champs such as SymSupreme and Doom ( and even if... why would you ever want/expect to use her against them????)

So I think besides her useless sig, only doing the following two things would make her better:

a) Put some utility on her sp1 and sp2, as it stands now there is no point at all on using them. Maybe some sort nullify block on sp1 and regen passive on sp2?

c)On her sig, leave what is there if you want but ADD an scaling buff potency multiplier, just like Venom's and Silver Surfer's. That way there would be a motivation to sig her up to mac and it would automatically boost her damage.

Do those two things and voila, she's a greater champ.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Let's gooooo.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    She definitely is not a champion I think of when I think of champions needing a buff. Even if you limit it to ‘asguardians of the galaxy’, Groot and Rocket definitely need it more. She’s kind of like Drax in that regard- a perfectly serviceable champion.

Having said that, even just giving her poison immunity makes her viable for Caustic Temper paths, especially against caustic Symbiote supreme.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    im actually scared i hope they don't make her worst, if you ask me to pick 10 champs that need a buff badly she wouldn't even make my top 10 list so this came out of no where
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Odd choice. I wish they would rather concentrate on buffing the meme champs. Save some of the heartbreak that those of us that are grinding away for 5 star shards. the excitement of finally getting enough that quickly turns to total dejection when we pull a Joe fixit or iron patriot etc.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Remember when Angie was one of the top 6* in the game
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Groot, og Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Superior Iron Man, og Spiderman, Sym Spidey, fix Dr. Strange and Thor back to their original power, Ant-Man, etc.

There are so many early characters that started as trash and are still hot garbage. Wish a few of these would get some love.

This is exactly what is happening. The order they do them in will not please everyone no matter who they choose.
    Agreed, the order will not please everyone.

However, I thought it would make more sense to fix some of the really bad (very old) champs first instead of buffing ones that currently do OK or have some use now.

When's the last time you seriously used Groot or OG Ironman in content as an attacker? Angela already gets brought in for synergies everywhere and up until the Cav eq change this month, was probably the top cosmic path option. She may not have a ton of utility, but her synergy, raw damage, heal and number of buffs make her useful in general and for things like buffed up.

I'm Definitely not upset she's going to be better, but we have OG champs that have been on life support in the MCOC ER waiting room and Angela walks in with a sprained wrist and gets seen first. Just seems like a weird choice.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Nice to see older champs getting buffed but seriously , why does Kabam keep ignoring the mystic class? They have not reworked a single mystic since they started doing this (no ebony maw doesn’t count).
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Groot, og Iron Man, Iron Patriot, Superior Iron Man, og Spiderman, Sym Spidey, fix Dr. Strange and Thor back to their original power, Ant-Man, etc.

There are so many early characters that started as trash and are still hot garbage. Wish a few of these would get some love.

This is exactly what is happening. The order they do them in will not please everyone no matter who they choose.
    Agreed, the order will not please everyone.

However, I thought it would make more sense to fix some of the really bad (very old) champs first instead of buffing ones that currently do OK or have some use now.

When's the last time you seriously used Groot or OG Ironman in content as an attacker? Angela already gets brought in for synergies everywhere and up until the Cav eq change this month, was probably the top cosmic path option. She may not have a ton of utility, but her synergy, raw damage, heal and number of buffs make her useful in general and for things like buffed up.

I'm Definitely not upset she's going to be better, but we have OG champs that have been on life support in the MCOC ER waiting room and Angela walks in with a sprained wrist and gets seen first. Just seems like a weird choice.
    I think those champs are getting fixed (they did mention black Panther and miles are getting buffs) but they need overhauls, not the value updates that Angela is getting.
    MikeHock said:

Nice to see older champs getting buffed but seriously , why does Kabam keep ignoring the mystic class? They have not reworked a single mystic since they started doing this (no ebony maw doesn’t count).

yet they’ve tuned up
    2 skills (3 with Black Panther’s eventual buff)
    1 tech
    1 cosmic (now 2, counting Angela)
    1 science (with a 2nd confirmed one for miles in the works)
    and 4 mutants.

No mystics yet.
  • MikeHock said:

I'd say compared to some of the other classes Mystic is in fairly good shape. Not saying that there aren't any mystics that need a bit of love but I would say that Skill and Cosmic are the two worst classes in terms of 6* R3 candidates. Both only have a couple - Cosmic has CG, CMM and if you're into prestige, Surfer while Skill has Aegon and NF before it drops off a cliff.
    Mauled said:

MikeHock said:

I'd say compared to some of the other classes Mystic is in fairly good shape. Not saying that there aren't any mystics that need a bit of love but I would say that Skill and Cosmic are the two worst classes in terms of 6* R3 candidates. Both only have a couple - Cosmic has CG, CMM and if you're into prestige, Surfer while Skill has Aegon and NF before it drops off a cliff.
    Cosmic Ghost Rider is an excellent option as well. There’s also Venom and the newly buffed Terrax. Skill has Stealthy and Falcon as well.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

MikeHock said:

Did you take a break from the game when Cosmic Ghost Rider was released?
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★

Mauled said:

MikeHock said:

Cosmic Ghost Rider is an excellent option as well. There’s also Venom and the newly buffed Terrax. Skill has Stealthy and Falcon as well.
    And Monke
  • Mauled said:

MikeHock said:

Forgot about CGR somehow despite having an R3 myself...shows what this meeting is doing to me. Venom I'd probably R3, Terrax hasn't impressed me enough to R3, he's a hell of a lot better for sure but that was a low bar. Even including Stealthy who I find a bit niche and Falcon who really does lean on his AA it's still a pretty bare cupboard.
    Mauled said:

Mauled said:

MikeHock said:

Forgot about CGR somehow despite having an R3 myself...shows what this meeting is doing to me. Venom I'd probably R3, Terrax hasn't impressed me enough to R3, he's a hell of a lot better for sure but that was a low bar. Even including Stealthy who I find a bit niche and Falcon who really does lean on his AA it's still a pretty bare cupboard.
    As others have mentioned there’s Hit-Monkey for skills as well. Not to mention Killmonger is an excellent r3 candidate, and some will also mention Elsa
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I have a load of dud 6* champs that I hope will get buffed one day.
    Strangely, Angela is the 6* champ that I use the most, i guess I'll use her a bit more after this.
    I assume that the buffs are based around data - number of champs in rosters, frequency of use....
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

So angela was just confirmed for one of the upcomming buffs. Will there be more? Why was angela of all chosen? Seems a bit weird

Angela , I think was chosen because she can make an immediate impact on someone’s roster , as she was one of the first 6*s in the game . A little value update is good for her. Her damage is good just lacking utility
    Technically speaking a value update doesn’t add utility, just enhances preexisting pieces and bumps damage. Atm she is damage and buffs and not much else (although there is some use in her simplicity). Hoping they maybe lend her a millstone for that dull blade and give her a bit of hard utility.
    You are right , but the right value update can effect a champ pretty significantly look at yellow jacket , and look at king pin. A tune up is just numbers. An update is numbers improvement & minor ability changes.

well they said yj and kingpin were getting an updates, while Mike said angela is getting a numbers buff, like terrax or mole man
    Did he say that? If so I missed it.

March 2021 should have 2 Updates & 2 Tune-Ups. April should have 2 Reworks. May should have 2 Updates & 2 Tune-Ups.

Tune-Up – Numbers improvement, no ability changes

Update – Numbers improvement & minor ability changes

Overhaul – Full champion rework

Previous Champion Buffs