**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who is the Most Balanced Champion in the game?

13»

Comments

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I like Hyperion.

One immunity, has intercept for dummies built in via sp1, bit of regen, DOT, power gain. The best part is he is an older champ that has still has relevance today but none of his abilities are OP or make him a one trick pony.
  • Options
    The_HoTUThe_HoTU Posts: 445 ★★
    Hyperion he has got everything. Incinerate , regeneration and furies.
    Also got poison immunity.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Red Hulk
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    I would say Ghost rider or Venom
  • Options
    Guillotine 2099
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Silver Surfer and both Goblins have a pretty good balance on their boards
  • Options
    So having thought about this a bit, I think in the context of this thread there's no single "balanced" champion because the criteria for "balanced" seems to hover somewhere around "can deal with content reasonably well without being too powerful" and the content players face changes across progression. So what's a balanced champ for the early game isn't a balanced champ for the later game.

I think the most balanced champ for beginners is probably Rogue. Simple, straight forward, has reasonable sustainability with heal, has reasonable utility with power control and buff steal, and has reasonable protections with her debuff reduction mitigation. I think any beginner who pulls Rogue should be happy with that pull, she'll do a lot of good work in the content, but she's not spectacular.

In the mid game (somewhere between end of Act 4 up to 6.1) I think a champ like Iceman is a well-balanced champ. Strong immunities for damage mitigation, reasonable damage, evade counter, and one bit of trickery with SP3 mitigation. Of all the champs reasonably useful in this phase of the game, I think iceman is close to the middle of overall performance.

In the late/end game (post Cavalier through Thronebreaker) this was a hard one, but I settled on CapIW. He's a very strong champion in general, but among all of the champions most likely to be used in Act 6 and beyond I think his strengths are broad but not overwhelming in any particular area. He doesn't deal the most damage, he doesn't have the best utility in any particular area, but he does (in the right team) have a very wide range of abilities that are useful, he definitely hits hard enough to be a reasonable damage dealer even in the end game, and he has a number of strong use cases for later content. Morningstar, Sentinel, Venom, and Archangel were all in the running here.
  • Options
    Zura_1Zura_1 Posts: 188
    Claire