**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Arena Record: Time To Talk

YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike

Well. The cutoff data is in....18.55M looks to be about where the Mephisto cutoff drops.

That's higher than Dormammu's cutoff, the LAST time you declared there needed to be a change in arena.

The guys who are winning champions are guys who no longer need them, as 4*s are largely useless to many of their prestiges and they are in endgame content, a world largely unfriendly to 4*s that aren't of a 'godlike' disposition.

So what now? I want to hear from Kabam. Is there a plan to make arena more inclusive again? A plan to make Arena easier on the players who started late and therefore will never be able to catch up to the big fish?

And before you call this butthurt whining, guys....19.16M, place 532. I got my Mephisto and haven't missed a featured in a year and a half.

I ask kindly, Kabam, to try and open up new discussions with some of the elite players to #MakeArenaGreatAgain.

Comments

• Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    'Nope their only plan will be releasing the 5* arenas next year
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Why tag a Mod for no reason?
  • Options
    I find the admins tend to respond to stuff they're tagged in. Also, who flagged this as spam? I wish to have a serious discussion. To be honest, openness and more availability to connect with the players as a whole would be a great idea, but I'd appreciate some candidness from the guys up top.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    YoMoves wrote: »
    I find the admins tend to respond to stuff they're tagged in. Also, who flagged this as spam? I wish to have a serious discussion. To be honest, openness and more availability to connect with the players as a whole would be a great idea, but I'd appreciate some candidness from the guys up top.

A lot of people like that arena is a competition instead of just a participation trophy for everyone, probably one of them flagged it as spam?
  • Options
    danielmath wrote: »

A lot of people like that arena is a competition instead of just a participation trophy for everyone, probably one of them flagged it as spam?

No, I understand that, but the issue I seek is it's once again reaching points where it's not just difficult, but impossible for any but the guys with full rosters to compete without spending. Keep it competitive by all means, but as the player base continues to expand, we're again reaching the point of too many players competing for too few spots. By all means, make people work for it. Make them work a lot. But it's reaching a point of exclusivity rivaling the last generation of arena again.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    My first ever grind, 22mil I got... wasn't as bad as I thought, just missing t2 cats to even rank him up hahaha.

Cut offs are always gonna be high though, it isn't impossible to do either.
  • Options
    Endgame player here and while I agree the cutoffs are ridiculous, I also question why anyone would be willing to put up those points? And for a 4*? I'm afraid to see the cutoffs if 5* arenas ever happen.

I truly don't know what kabam could do other than create more brackets. And even that is just going to move the issue to certain tiers. In the end, the players being willing to do this absurd amount are the ones pushing numbers up. Well, the "experts" predicting cutoffs certainly plays a role in pushing them up, but it's still on the players in the end.
  • Options
    I've always said this. All the 'experts' predicted a cutoff in the mid-17Ms. Everyone panicked, so it ended up in the upper 18Ms. Also, I think making it the top 1 or 2 percent would work. That eliminates the player growth problem.
  • Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Endgame player here and while I agree the cutoffs are ridiculous, I also question why anyone would be willing to put up those points? And for a 4*? I'm afraid to see the cutoffs if 5* arenas ever happen.

I truly don't know what kabam could do other than create more brackets. And even that is just going to move the issue to certain tiers. In the end, the players being willing to do this absurd amount are the ones pushing numbers up. Well, the "experts" predicting cutoffs certainly plays a role in pushing them up, but it's still on the players in the end.

I could genuinely see good 5* going for over 25 mil if they get a 5* arena.
  • Options
    AceDeMoNAceDeMoN Posts: 142
    Once the 5* arena comes out the 4* featured will be alot more achievable. Question is, would you want to grind for a 4* at that point
  • Options
    I've always said this. All the 'experts' predicted a cutoff in the mid-17Ms. Everyone panicked, so it ended up in the upper 18Ms. Also, I think making it the top 1 or 2 percent would work. That eliminates the player growth problem.

What the "experts" say has nothing to do with the cutoffs, unless you think the players who are going for the featured champs are too stupid to think for themselves?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    kfmpt2b8k9g4.png
    Confirmed cutoff

Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

If I was remotely in contention, I think I'd rather not know I came 801st. My sympathies, mate.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike

Well. The cutoff data is in....18.55M looks to be about where the Mephisto cutoff drops.

That's higher than Dormammu's cutoff, the LAST time you declared there needed to be a change in arena.

The guys who are winning champions are guys who no longer need them, as 4*s are largely useless to many of their prestiges and they are in endgame content, a world largely unfriendly to 4*s that aren't of a 'godlike' disposition.

So what now? I want to hear from Kabam. Is there a plan to make arena more inclusive again? A plan to make Arena easier on the players who started late and therefore will never be able to catch up to the big fish?

And before you call this butthurt whining, guys....19.16M, place 532. I got my Mephisto and haven't missed a featured in a year and a half.

I ask kindly, Kabam, to try and open up new discussions with some of the elite players to #MakeArenaGreatAgain.

If 4* are useless why you crying?

Plus your no elite player, you were in my alliance and got kicked for being turd.
  • Options

No, I understand that, but the issue I seek is it's once again reaching points where it's not just difficult, but impossible for any but the guys with full rosters to compete without spending. Keep it competitive by all means, but as the player base continues to expand, we're again reaching the point of too many players competing for too few spots. By all means, make people work for it. Make them work a lot. But it's reaching a point of exclusivity rivaling the last generation of arena again.

I’ve said this on the old forum when they made this change. It was nothing more than a temporary arena patch that only worked for a small period of time. I’m starting to believe it’s better to add heroes as a milestone.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    What if they removed the ability to refresh your champs with units? The champs would go to the ones who are able to put in the time and not the money.

Then decrease the costs of the featured hero crystal so that those who missed out in the arena can then use units for a chance at getting the featured hero from crystals.

It may seem drastic but what else can be done to make people want to grind for champs? They used to have basic champs as a milestone and for whatever reason they stopped that.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

Tag an admin is against the rules. That might the reason why it got flag
  • Options
    Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I just think it's silly that 5* champs are useable in a 4* arena. As others have said, those that have enough 5* to make the grind, don't really need new 4* champs. Maybe once 5* arenas come out, they will remove 5* use from the featured 4* arena. I think they were only added to begin with to give endgame players something else to do with their massive 5* collections....
  • Options

We really need to talk. Let me ask you something.
    Why you -a guy with already every featured in the last year and a half and champs with higher prestige than him- was willing to put on more than 18 mill to get him?

Because whatever fix they can come up will always inevitably be screwed by guys like you. And I mean no offense with that btw. Just trying to understand the thought process.
    So I guess part of the answer yto fixing arenas would be figuring out why people like you are going through all the trouble for a champ that doesn't improve your prestige and also isn't a "God like" champ?

My answer's simple in 2 parts. 1: Yeah, I know there's guys like me who will do this. I never said I wasn't part of the problem. However, I feel as though I have to go for this score because everyone else does. I'm in need of battlechips, so I figure every 2 weeks I'll just put up a mountain and get some shards and a new champ. It's a game of resources, and I collect mine in bulk.

2: I wouldn't put up a score this high if I didn't feel I had to. But since point 1, there's a thousand more like me, is true, what choice do I have?

Thus my argument remains valid, that the arenas are getting exclusivist to the point of absurdity once again.
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Going by the title of the thread I thought we were breaking up
  • Options
    What the "experts" say has nothing to do with the cutoffs, unless you think the players who are going for the featured champs are too stupid to think for themselves?

If you've ever been on Line, all I see are people asking for the cutoff predictions of both basic and featured champs. I can demonstratively disprove your claim here.

Also, how rude, calling people stupid....
  • Options

If you've ever been on Line, all I see are people asking for the cutoff predictions of both basic and featured champs. I can demonstratively disprove your claim here.

Also, how rude, calling people stupid....

You're calling people stupid, if you think they're not capable of figuring out cutoffs on their own (it's not hard, it's basic common sense). Look how often the cutoff predictions are way off? Like Psylocke
  • Options
    I can't recall a recent memory when featured cutoff predictions were higher than what it really was, though. Regardless, my points still stand. Every time I see cutoff speculation, the cutoffs end up higher than ever before....
  • Options

We really need to talk. Let me ask you something.
    Why you -a guy with already every featured in the last year and a half and champs with higher prestige than him- was willing to put on more than 18 mill to get him?

Because whatever fix they can come up will always inevitably be screwed by guys like you. And I mean no offense with that btw. Just trying to understand the thought process.
    So I guess part of the answer yto fixing arenas would be figuring out why people like you are going through all the trouble for a champ that doesn't improve your prestige and also isn't a "God like" champ?

My answer's simple in 2 parts. 1: Yeah, I know there's guys like me who will do this. I never said I wasn't part of the problem. However, I feel as though I have to go for this score because everyone else does. I'm in need of battlechips, so I figure every 2 weeks I'll just put up a mountain and get some shards and a new champ. It's a game of resources, and I collect mine in bulk.

2: I wouldn't put up a score this high if I didn't feel I had to. But since point 1, there's a thousand more like me, is true, what choice do I have?

Thus my argument remains valid, that the arenas are getting exclusivist to the point of absurdity once again.

Yomoves your waffling on like your a god Tier player, your turd mate.

We kicked you because you couldn't follow paths, and had a stinking attitude.

Stop whinging about the cut offs dude, you don't do your own anyway...
  • Options
    I can't recall a recent memory when featured cutoff predictions were higher than what it really was, though. Regardless, my points still stand. Every time I see cutoff speculation, the cutoffs end up higher than ever before....

People's rosters expand constantly, obviously cutoffs will go up because people can do more per round. Wouldn't make much sense for the cutoffs to drop.....now would it
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Everything seems to be falling into place. Kabam's goal was to get to a certain number of champions in the game (appears to be 112). Addition of new champs has been through the Featured arenas, however, after October there are only 3 spots left to fill in their champ chart (G, H, & M). The remaining 3 would be added in November and the Thor movie release, and that corresponds with the addition of 6* champs.

So I see the future of arenas to be:
    • Eliminate "featured" arenas altogether
    • 3* revert to a basic
    • 4* Basic will remain unchanged
    • 4* Featured will be upgraded to 5* Basic (hence the ability to use 5* champs to grind), but be reduced to the same cutoff dynamic as the basics (top 10% earn the champs)
    • With each round, I expect to see the same champ available as all 3 variants leaving the player to choose which variant they want. It will remain in the 2-round-per-champ cycle to allow players the opportunity to choose if/when to play and possibly duplicate.
    • Possibly the addition of a 5* Featured in the same dynamic as the current 4* Featured. Only difference is that there wouldn't be new champs, just a controlled release of more 5* champs already in the game as other levels (like Wolverine, Scarlet, etc).

• Options
    edited October 2017

Yomoves your waffling on like your a god Tier player, your turd mate.

We kicked you because you couldn't follow paths, and had a stinking attitude.

Stop whinging about the cut offs dude, you don't do your own anyway...

Who exactly do you think I am? My IGN is Showmeyomoves. I have no idea who you are or why you're making such rude accusations.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    I think that making 4* Awakening gems more plentiful would help. I got Mephisto mainly due to the fact I had a Mystic awakening gem and no one to use it on. I would NEVER grind 2 arenas back to back to awaken a new champ. More gems means ppl could only grind one time, meaning more ppl get the champ and the scores may lower.

Maybe top 1-500 get champ with class awakening gem or +1 sig (awakening gem would only be for new featured champ release, not old featured) then top 501-1500 get just the champ. Then spots 1-500 are more coveted and would get crazy high, but you only have to do it one time. Then ppl missing that still get a new champ. That is my two cents.
  • Options
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Everything seems to be falling into place. Kabam's goal was to get to a certain number of champions in the game (appears to be 112). Addition of new champs has been through the Featured arenas, however, after October there are only 3 spots left to fill in their champ chart (G, H, & M). The remaining 3 would be added in November and the Thor movie release, and that corresponds with the addition of 6* champs.

So I see the future of arenas to be:
    • Eliminate "featured" arenas altogether
    • 3* revert to a basic
    • 4* Basic will remain unchanged
    • 4* Featured will be upgraded to 5* Basic (hence the ability to use 5* champs to grind), but be reduced to the same cutoff dynamic as the basics (top 10% earn the champs)
    • With each round, I expect to see the same champ available as all 3 variants leaving the player to choose which variant they want. It will remain in the 2-round-per-champ cycle to allow players the opportunity to choose if/when to play and possibly duplicate.
    • Possibly the addition of a 5* Featured in the same dynamic as the current 4* Featured. Only difference is that there wouldn't be new champs, just a controlled release of more 5* champs already in the game as other levels (like Wolverine, Scarlet, etc).

I actually kinda like that setup. It'd definitely be a bit more inclusive to all. And maybe then I could drop my obsession with 4*s. I was not asking about cutoffs for my own benefit. I was honestly thinking of other players with less luck than myself in this department. I got lucky as a late starter to have the time to grind, and that's how I managed to catch back up with people who have been here since day one.