**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Holy c**p Civil Warrior buff looks insane . Next Warlock ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
edited February 2021 in General Discussion

Immune to Nullify + reduces bleed and poison potency per Armor buffs , heal block on heavy (he had it already ), power drain on sp2.

Are they trying to make him next Warlock in terms of utility ? Maybe ?

Comments

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

Out of curiosity do you know his block proficiency? He requires a lot of dashing back and holding block to maintain the furies so if it’s not high that could be a major weakness.

I think they may make some changes to his BP as per the new kit but we csn just wait.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 541 ★★★
    It looks like he doesn’t reduce potency of poison and bleed effects anymore. just reduces the AA of abilities that inflict poison and bleed.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    Shock29 said:

It looks like he doesn’t reduce potency of poison and bleed effects anymore. just reduces the AA of abilities that inflict poison and bleed.

Lower damage from them = Less chance of them getting on him
    🤔
  • Options
    I think it’s more useful because if the opponent is suffering from -150% Poison and Bleed AA, they can’t apply them rather than reducing the damage they inflict like they used to. Nodes and abilities that apply bleed and poison will be useless against him, which in a way, grants him semi immunity.
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Looks like my 6 star civil warrior is going to be INSANE!
  • Options

Wish it was -25% potency. A flat -25%, too. Given that it's 25% AAR, there's a good chance it's not even a flat 25%, which feels pretty meh when 1 bleed or poison can ruin your day in the late game. With a potency reduction we could trade damage for utility and willpower healing.

The damage potential looks amazing, but also looks like it requires a cooperative AI to be sustainable. Will most likely be one-off burst damage where you convert, parry, throw the SP3, and spam heavies in the corner. That said, this is definitely one of those things that can't be know without testing.

It looks like it's a major improvement, no doubt. He's probably Hulkbuster level now.

With the AAR, that one bleed or poison might not even apply. There is no stack limit to high the AAR can go, so domino is countered with her Bleed Abilities and AAR
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

276.12 x 50 is potentially 13,806 extra attack lol

Sounds like the kind of stuff folks were saying about Guardian when he was announced. Yes possible huge numbers but you'd have to spend a lot of time building it up first and you can lose it pretty easy if the enemy isn't cooperating with you.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

No_oneuk said:

Sounds like the kind of stuff folks were saying about Guardian when he was announced. Yes possible huge numbers but you'd have to spend a lot of time building it up first and you can lose it pretty easy if the enemy isn't cooperating with you.
    I can't agree with you on Guardian. One sp3 and a sp2 destroys a 30k defender (same special count as Doom). The charges from an SP3 do not expire and he is a tank, so what is there to "lose" in a long end game fight? His value will only go up with the rising health pools.
    No, what I mean is, when guardian was announced and people were looking at his abilities people were talking about his potential of getting 99 charges and shocking huge - and when the monthly event quest started and everyone got a free 3* people were uploading videos to YouTube with one crazy sp2 and everyone seemed to believe he would break the game completely - which of course he didn't.

You already see youtubers today with the buff videos, thumbnails are like "+700% damage!?!!??!? " or whatever, and people in the comments are thinking that is going to be in any way realistic. Its the same situation.

Ps, I love Guardian - he's in my go-to questing team for pretty much everything at the moment.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

No_oneuk said:

I can't agree with you on Guardian. One sp3 and a sp2 destroys a 30k defender (same special count as Doom). The charges from an SP3 do not expire and he is a tank, so what is there to "lose" in a long end game fight? His value will only go up with the rising health pools.
    no what i mean is, when Guardian was announced people figured out the huge sp2 thing, and when the month started and we all got a free 3* character to play with, people uploaded 10 second clips to youtube and twitter with his crazy sp2 and a lot of people thought he was going to break the game, which of course, he didn't.

same thing here - youtubers are making thumbnails like "+700% damage??!?!?" and people in the comments are going bananas over it without thinking about how that just isn't going to be achievable in actual gameplay like ever.

and i love Guardian, he's in my main questing team for pretty much everything and one of my incursions workhorses - he's a cracking champ but he didn't become the new #1 champion like folks thought he would
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

Shock29 said:

Words.

With the AAR, that one bleed or poison might not even apply. There is no stack limit to high the AAR can go, so domino is countered with her Bleed Abilities and AAR
    If the AAR is a flat -25% per Armor Up and if his Sig Ability gave him 4 persistent AU buffs at the start, then I'd prefer it. I will never depend on chance when I could just use a poison/bleed immune champ instead.

Same with any champ that has AAR. If it can't reach a usable 100%, then it's only a neat little extra. You wouldn't rely on a parachute that worked 90% of the time, lol.

I know, it's just 2 5 combos away - but that's if the AAR is flat, and even then you can be just a few bad rolls away from disaster.
    AAR is always a flat value. Case in point, Archangel shuts down all abilities with 3 neuros when above the appropriate sig level.
  • Options

No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

no what i mean is, when Guardian was announced people figured out the huge sp2 thing, and when the month started and we all got a free 3* character to play with, people uploaded 10 second clips to youtube and twitter with his crazy sp2 and a lot of people thought he was going to break the game, which of course, he didn't.

same thing here - youtubers are making thumbnails like "+700% damage??!?!?" and people in the comments are going bananas over it without thinking about how that just isn't going to be achievable in actual gameplay like ever.

and i love Guardian, he's in my main questing team for pretty much everything and one of my incursions workhorses - he's a cracking champ but he didn't become the new #1 champion like folks thought he would
    He is number 1(at least to me)
    https://youtu.be/TrEGwR8YwMQ
    Ends fight in act 6 with 99% HP
    And has damage what more do you want
    Don't sleep on guardian
    i'm not sleeping on Guardian, I know how good he is, but I also know people don't run around act 7 or AW stacking 100 force field charges then throwing a 600k sp2, just like people aren't going to pull Civil Warrior and stack 50 furies up.
  • Options

No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

He is number 1(at least to me)
    https://youtu.be/TrEGwR8YwMQ
    Ends fight in act 6 with 99% HP
    And has damage what more do you want
    Don't sleep on guardian
    i'm not sleeping on guardian, i know how good he is, but people aren't running around with their guardian's in act 7 or AW getting 100 force field charges then throwing a 500k sp2, just like people won't pull Civil Warrior and then get 50 furies in their questing fights - some people seem to think that's the case.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★

Shock29 said:

Words.

Words.
    AAR is always a flat value. Case in point, Archangel shuts down all abilities with 3 neuros when above the appropriate sig level.
    You're right. I do wish they'd be more consistent with labeling flat and non-flat percentages, though.