**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Today's offer drop rates

1235»

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

This is taken straight from apple-
    https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#in-app-purchase
    Disclose the odds of each type of item. There's 1 type of item, the odds are 100%. Apple states "type of item". That's not a gray area. That's not a loose term. 5% T5CC vs 25% T5CC isn't a different item. It's the same item in different increments.

This was discussed back then on the Apple developer forums. The consensus was that "type of item" was not to be taken as literally as you seem to be willing to do, because if you take type of item literally, every game company has a loophole you could drive a truck through. All you had to do was have the lootbox contain only one "type" of item, a special reward box that itself contained a random set of items. Since every lootbox contained only the same type of item, they would only need to state that the lootbox has a 100% chance to drop that type of item. And since the intermediate reward boxes could not be directly purchased via the in-app purchase mechanism, they were not subject to the disclosure requirement.

Most developers concluded that this was rules-lawyering, and also that Apple just loves it when developers try to outsmart them.
    This. <^^^^

Kabam can offer a "virtual game item" that's guaranteed to be in the offer, but they are not actually providing the % rate for the chances of the lowest reward vs the highest reward, which would be the true drop rate.

We know we're getting a t5CC shard already, that is the "item. We're told we have a chance at 5-25% of the t5cc, but not given a probability of what the lowest amount compared to the highest amount is , so we can decide if the gamble is worth the risk (win or lose on that gamble). That would be a true drop rate.

Kabam can be as grey as legally allowed, but as a customers, we should, and I will, voice my opinion on it. I would gladly spend knowing my actual chances, and will gladly not spend as long as it's kept a secret. $40 is not chump change for a mobile game. It's not a large amount of money for me, but Im not gonna throw money away just because I have it. I would never buy this deal if I had a 99.99% chance to get 5% t5cc and only a .01% chance split between 10%-25% t5cc. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing what the probability actually is in this offer to weigh the risks before spending actual cash.