**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does anyone think The Hood Buff will be good?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Terra said:

More usable than before.

Not really. A tiny bit more damage, with 0 utility, compared to what he had before with plenty of utility and respectable damage.
    I'd imagine alot of people will be turned off Hood after his so called "buff", even his avid fan users
    0 utility? He still has most of his utility.
    No he doesn't. His invisibility is worse. He can't buff control anymore. His power control is reduced.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    All Hood needed was a tweak to his damage. His kit was really great with a lot of uses. Take away all his kit for yellow numbers is not a buff, it's a nerf. SL can throw up big yellow numbers, but since he lacks utility nobody uses him anymore.
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★

More usable than before.

I think that really depends on where he’s being used. For newer players and those progressing through earlier pieces of content, the increased damage will probably see him get more use. However, because of the lost utility, he will no longer be an option for scenarios in later content where he was an option because of his unique kit. Therefore for players who are much farther into the game, he most likely will see less use than he does now. Ultimately, the community is losing an option for multiply late/end game scenarios where Hood excelled because of the pieces of his kit that he is losing, which also sets a dangerous precedent that any mid tier champ can lose the core part of their kit just because they feel like adding something shiny and new.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

No_oneuk said:

Terra said:

More usable than before.

Not really. A tiny bit more damage, with 0 utility, compared to what he had before with plenty of utility and respectable damage.
    I'd imagine alot of people will be turned off Hood after his so called "buff", even his avid fan users
    0 utility? He still has most of his utility.
    No he doesn't. His invisibility is worse. He can't buff control anymore. His power control is reduced.
    I’d argue his utility has been about halved. People are going overboard by saying he has 0 utility. Stagger will still be useful, invisibility will still be useful, power steal will still be useful.

But stagger won’t be as useful as before, it’s been reduced to 67% of its original value, with a slight higher chance to trigger. So I’d say it’s been reduced by 20-30% effectiveness.

Invisibility is harder to quantify- but 2 hits guaranteed (when you can evade every 2 hit special in the game) and then 80,60,40% so on, is much much worse than before. When a five hit special had 19% chance to miss all hits on New hood, but a 53% on current hood. I’d say invisibilities value has been reduced between 30-40%.

Power control is more subjective since it depends on the situation. Some situations it’ll be better some worse, I’d argue it’s kind of the same but open to examples.

And fate seal has been completely removed, so that’s a 100% reduction.

Overall, since all abilities aren’t equally useful for situations, that’s how I’d say his utility has been about halved, but could be more or less than half depending on how each player used him.

He will still have some utility afterwards, but he’ll be much, much less useful.
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    In a way, you could say that they're nerfing Ghost. Since a lot of people use the trinity/duo, they may want to use hood for those specific fights. Since his utility is gone, now he's almost like a sole synergy piece for Ghost with some extra damage.
  • Options
    Ethan4llawayEthan4llaway Posts: 18
    Same. He's the first 6* i have that's getting buffed and he has to be the 'nerf'
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Same. He's the first 6* i have that's getting buffed and he has to be the 'nerf'

My condolensces
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,209 ★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Terra said:

I think Hood's fate is sealed. (The buff will probably be good tho).

He will have gained damage, but at what cost? Loosing that which made him enjoyable in the first place.
    I agree. I chose to keep my objections in the main Hood thread since the question was if I thought the buff might be good. 👌
  • Options
    MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★
    edited March 2021

Honest question: Anyone looking forward to this buff? I have him as a 6* ( one of my few) so I was really excited to hear he was getting a buff. I'll be honest, based on everyone's feedback now about his current state I feel like I've underestimated him up until now. Guess you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Anyway I'm interested to hear of anyone thinks this could be a good buff.

He's always been underrated, underappreciated and overlooked -- He WAS VERY good

Now that he's getting NERFbuffed, he SHOULD be overlooked and will likely not be used much by anyone
  • Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Why would anybody be excited for a nerf?
  • Options
    Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I wonder when the update will be available for download today right? I am anxious to see these changes
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Hopefully sometime during the next hour. Enjoy the last few mins of the HOOD in all his glory.