**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Pretty funny how Kabam treats their players compared to other games during downtime.

SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Imagine that, giving something to players to say sorry they had to take the servers down.

Kabam is like... move along, nothing to see.

Comments

• TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    SparkAlot said:

Imagine that, giving something to players to say sorry they had to take the servers down.

How much is the 1200 diamonds worth as an mcoc equivalent?
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Faseeh said:

SparkAlot said:

How much is the 1200 diamonds worth as an mcoc equivalent?
    2* champion. Kabam gives lots of those :p
    I'll happily take some exclusive 2 stars over some items or shards
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It’s very, very rare in any games I play that I get free stuff for scheduled maintenance, in fact Kabam actually offer the most compensation for issues.
    Just last week another game I play ended up extending their scheduled maintenance by an extra 3 hours, we got a heads up but that’s it.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Compensation or such shouldn't be expected or given for planned server maintenance. Obviously the servers need maintaining to give us the best gaming experience. Letting people know in advance is adequate, if you decide to start something meanwhile and lose progress it's the individuals fault.

As for all the game suddenly and unexpectedly going offline, as it has done several times recently, I do believe some sort of compensation should be given. Ideally if the game could track what items the account has 'lost' they could simply reimburse them. But more likely, a standard package of what someone could/would have been losing by the game suddenly going down.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

Standard scheduled maintenance (which is what most maintenance is) shouldn't demand free stuff. I mean free stuff is always great, but it isn't warranted.

NGL though, I'm a bit annoyed when rampant crashing and connection loss issues aren't given a proper nod. It's incredibly annoying losing boosts, arena streaks, hard-won fights, etc.

Not every compensation has to be massive. Just a few revives, potions, whatever plus a small "Sorry 'bout that, our bad" would do.

I agree with this. I’d be nice if Kabam every once in a while when there servers are being terrible and we have a lot of lag or bugs would give us a small amount of revives and some boosts to make up for what everyone inevitably lost because I’d those issues. I don’t expect things like a bunch of 5* or 6* shards because of game performance issues but it’d be really nice if they gave us back the items we lost because of the game issues.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

There used to be a lot of “the Contest has not performed up to my standards” messages way back before the Grandmaster came on the scene.

#notmyContest
    #bringbackoldmanagement
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

DrZola said:

There used to be a lot of “the Contest has not performed up to my standards” messages way back before the Grandmaster came on the scene.

Those messages were usually accompanied by stuff, and they often came on the heels of poor game performance, bugs, glitches and other issues.

Now things have to rise to a certain level before anyone sends out an apology message for the game. I imagine things like the calendars have become the stand-in for those messages today.

Connection issues? Emergency maintenance? Offer errors? Dropped inputs and lag? There’s a calendar for that.

Dr. Zola

I remember the "lofty standards" emails. Collector had those standards.

Our fault we beat that guy for Grandmaster and look where we are now that the game has crashed in arena every few minutes since October and no one cares.
    Do you reckon that if the entire community came together when 5.2 was released and nobody ever beat the collector, he would have been able to keep his lofty standards going
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    SparkAlot said:

Your compensation for standard maintenance is that the game runs better than it would without it. All the problems you see with maintenance now, 20 fold without it.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Man, I wish World of Warcraft would give me free store mounts every time there's scheduled server maintenance.

Instead I get to sleep during that time.
  • ItsDamien said:

Man, I wish World of Warcraft would give me free store mounts every time there's scheduled server maintenance.

Instead I get to sleep during that time.

I remember those days